It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What this country needs is a Hispanic President... Like Jeb Bush. WTF???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
So, apparently back in 2009 Jeb Bush filled-out a voter registration form and identified himself as 'Hispanic'. He's been pretty popular among Hispanic voters down there in Florida. Do you think they officially adopted him or perhaps the culture rubbed off on him? What possible reason would he have for doing that? Does that make Jorge I & II also Hispanic??

linkie

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I get a strong sense that lying has not only become the norm in politics, it is now a valued skill that enhances competitiveness.

Because US politics is not about public service, it is about sticking it to "the other guy" by all means necessary.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Could it be he's just stupid like his brother .

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
So, apparently back in 2009 Jeb Bush filled-out a voter registration form and identified himself as 'Hispanic'. He's been pretty popular among Hispanic voters down there in Florida. Do you think they officially adopted him or perhaps the culture rubbed off on him? What possible reason would he have for doing that? Does that make Jorge I & II also Hispanic??

linkie

He did marry a Hispanic woman, my sister married a Hispanic man and she is considered at her job now as Hispanic. I think that is wrong. My nephews are Hispanic, but my sister is not. However, apparently legally she is now Hispanic, pfffttt.

There is a Hispanic woman
Susana Martinez
who is qualified to run for president
She is a real Hispanic, not in name only
born in the USA to USA parents
and she is a woman

So by today's mass media standards of what we are looking for
in the next President she has two qualifications,

Susana is a woman which is Hillary's claim to fame
(besides Hillary's history of sleeping her way to where she is with a massively cheating horndog husband),

Susana is really Hispanic, and there has never been a Hispanic President,
so the US is due one by liberal and mainstream media standards of what makes a good President.

Susana is also governor of a state and has experience running a government,
(not just watching her husband run one,
or voting on the floor of the senate,
or messing up foreign affairs so badly everyone in the world now hates the US,)

Susana Martinez has real leadership experience.

She has every qualification liberals are looking for
Woman
Hispanic
Governor of a state

NO to dynasties:

NO BUSH,

NO CLINTON,

no to a dynastic form of Presidency -

starting that will only lead to Kingship or dictatorship by family down the road.

Both parties are making a grave mistake
even considering dynastic Presidency.

edit on 10Mon, 06 Apr 2015 10:51:42 -0500am40604amk061 by grandmakdw because: addition format spelling

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
About the lying...it's kinda like this:

1. Gov't lies to Citizen(s), it's called politics and little, if anything is ever done.

2. Citizen(s) lie to the Gov't, it's called a felony and the most harsh punishments that can be legally doled out, most often, are.

My Question is this:

People in general judge a criminal and keep them at arms length, because of their past/current actions. This causes a ripple effect on several levels, which often leads to re-incarceration.

However, politicians can do whatever they please and people somehow, magically, through ignorance or forgetfulness or both, not only keep voting for the politicians who have proved, time and time again, that they cannot be trusted with much of anything, much less doing their jobs....they are screwing over the population and getting PAID well in many cases to do so...not including the backdoor dealings, golden parachute/self-serving deals they make while in office.

Why?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Interesting, maybe he had a moment of clarity (doubtful, but one can hope). The only race that exists is the human race. You are not black, white, hispanic, asian, jewish...etc. You are human. The pigment of your skin does not define what, and who you are. Once you realize this, you are one step closer to true enlightenment. Once the world realizes this, the lines of division which the control mechanisms set in place will begin to dissolve.

Remember that you are unique, just like everyone else.

edit on 6-4-2015 by AutOmatIc because: the same

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I don't like the "race" question. It is divisive and stupid.

I usually have fun with it as well. Race => Other => Human.

Sometimes I put German-American.

It's a BS question.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would like to see president Obama's college application form. I wonder what he put on that?

Everybody is so worried about racism but don't seem to realize how much they emphasize race.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
He is married to a Hispanic. That has got to worry the bejezzuz out of the Dems, Hispanics outnumber the other minorities and all Jeb has to do is smile and go light on immigration.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
He did marry a Hispanic woman, my sister married a Hispanic man and she is considered at her job now as Hispanic. I think that is wrong. My nephews are Hispanic, but my sister is not. However, apparently legally she is now Hispanic, pfffttt.

It doesn't work that way in the courts, though. I'm not sure what your sister's situation is, but in my state, for example, marrying into one of the native cultures does not entitle a non-native to qualify for any of the native-only permissions the state and feds grant. For example, a non-native who has married into a native family is still expressly forbidden by law from participating in whale hunts (though they may enjoy the products of those hunts), same for seals, walrus, and many of the native subsistence special hunts.

That said, I think there's room for distinction between cultural and legal racial identity and I sort of feel like this nonsense over "gender identity" plays a huge role in why there needs to be less "outrage" over cultural identity in America. If a white kid grows up in a majority hispanic community, they ultimately associate with that culture quite strongly after they have grown up. This is pretty evident if you visit southern New Mexico and South Texas and look into the Tejano culture which was the product of Germans and Latinos sharing traditions and adopting good things from each other. This brings me back to the gender identity issue... if we live in a nation where an individual with a penis has a legal right to call themself a female because that's what they self-identify with, how freaking hypocritical is it to claim that a person who has adopted the Hispanic culture and self-identifies with it has no right to claim Hispanic as their self-identified race? Considering almost all of humanity, especially in the West, is little more than a bunch of mongrels with mixed blood aplenty, I think it is pretty silly to get fluffed up over somebody deciding they belong with the racial group they married into and most closely identify to.

ETA: I'm not a Jeb Bush guy, either. I have no intention of voting for the man and really hope he doesn't make it out of the primaries... but common sense is common sense and fair is fair, so I really see no reason to criticize him for doing this.
edit on 6-4-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

linkie

If you read the article...Jeb gives the reason why...it was a mistake.

"My mistake! Don't think I've fooled anyone!" Bush wrote on Twitter on Monday

I'm not a Jeb fan...I'm definitely not a Bush family fan...but people make mistakes filling out forms all the time.

This article, and this thread is stretching way too much.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Only took 7 posts before someone had to play the Obama card. "yea, yea, well Obama..."

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

Before each election, I find for myself a democratic candidate, a Republican candidate and a third party or independent candidate for which to root. Susana Martinez is my Republican candidate. I do no have a Democratic candidate as yet. Hillary is still to strong in the minds, to much of a shoe in for to many of them.

But mostly grandma,,, I wanted to re-enforce your no dynasty stance. Dynastic thinking is a throw-back. A cheap crumb of democracy for an unthinking, easily titillated populace.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Maybe he checked the wrong box?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
For the record, "Hispanic" isn't a race or ethnic group. It's simply someone from a Spanish speaking country. Most people in Central & South America's Spanish speaking countries (aka Hispanic people) are differing mixtures of African, European, and Native American ethnic groups.

That's why some government forms list "White" and "non-Hispanic White" as two different options.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Could it be he's just stupid like his brother .

LooooL...that might be it

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Personally I am a BEIGE AMERICAN. I am not WHITE like an ALBINO ,completely diffent color on the color wheel and so ,INACCURATE.
The term WHITE has negative racial connotations not apllicable to ME obviously since I have NEVER had any privildges ,being weird for the most part has obfiscated those.
So I am offended when they call me WHITE.
edit on 6-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

a reply to: Hoosierdaddy71

Only took 7 posts before someone had to play the Obama card. "yea, yea, well Obama..."

Yep, you're right, I'm sorry. I should have said Elisabeth warren claimed she was Native American.
This is about politicians lying about their heritage is it not? Or is this only about lying republican?
I will happily bow out if you only want to bash the bushes...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I'm sure it was a mistake on Bush's part, and not a big deal, but it does bring to mind why the the question of race even exists on voter forms. I mean the only question that matters is 'are you a legal citizen of the United States?' Once that question has been successfully answered the issue of race is irrelevant.

Asking about race makes me think that information will somewhere down the line be used as a filter to parse results by.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Oh c'mon, he's trying to be the first Hispanic like Clinton was the first black.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join