It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Winter Storm for Dec 22nd & Dec 23

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Indy, I really like you snowflake shot...looks cool.
I'm sorry to all of you stuck in awful weather, like you all in Kentucky. Seriously...2 inches of ice in the middle of a foot or so of snow

I sure don't remember hearing about anything like that on the Weather Channel *snort* but then I guess they didn't think it was newsworthy.

Mid-Macomb County MI, near Lake St. Clair, we got about 4 inches. I think the lake saves us from lots of the snow, unless it is frozen over.
Although further southwest and in the Thumb area, they got more.

It really looks like the storm tracked to the east faster, sparing MI and dumping on Ohio and Kentucky.

[edit on 23-12-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
Thanks for reminding me shots! It is futile, but I had to buy pop at the store for my caffiene fix.

POP surely you are jesting Why are there no tracks showing the car actually went forward? Me thinks you is pulling our legs

[edit on 12/23/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Originally posted by ben91069
Thanks for reminding me shots! It is futile, but I had to buy pop at the store for my caffiene fix.

POP surely you are jesting Why are there no tracks showing the car actually went forward? Me thinks you is pulling our legs

I bought the Back to the Future hover conversion kit

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
OMG. I absolutely hurt today. LOL. We got nearly a foot of snow from this storm. It has been a long time since I have had to shovel that much snow. And I had to shovel snow at the end of our street because it never gets plowed. It only gets plowed in. And since my wife is a nurse she does not get to miss work because of weather. I'll try and get some pics around the neighbhorhood tomorrow. There is alot of white :-).

Nice pics from Ohio guys. Your pics could just as easily pass for pics where I live. I actually had to take a close look because your neighborhood looks alot like mine. Old and by the interstate. But I am on I-65. Maybe our neighborhoods were related in a past life

posted on Dec, 23 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
But I am on I-65. Maybe our neighborhoods were related in a past life

You can see I65 from my house
Its about a quarter mile away.

Things are just awful in Louisville now. The plows have been out all day, but everything is freezing back over. Its gonna be a nasty day tomorow as well.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, we just got a foot of snow in Buffalo today between 3 and 10!! The Lake Effect Machine is cranked up and roaring!!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Just checking in here after 2 days without power! My area got hit pretty hard. We had to break out the kerosene heater and borrow another one from my husband's brother.

On Thursday morning at around 4 the power cut out. My husband went to work Thursday afternoon as we were only at a level 2. The temperature kept dropping at home, so I took our son and visited him on his break at work, and after that we went to a Red Cross shelter in town to wait until he got off work. After he got off, he fired up one of the heaters. I kept my son dressed in his flannel shirt and thermals and took him to bed with me to keep him warm. I don't think any of us got a lot of sleep.

Yesterday I went to McDonald's and got us breakfast, since that part of town had power. After that we got into my minivan and took off for my brother-in-law's to borrow his kerosene heater, and my son got to see his cousins for a few minutes. Then we went to my father-in-law's, then my mother-in-law's (they're divorcing--again). They had power too--but their city supplies its own power.

I woke up at 5:30 this morning, and the fact that my husband's clock was operational indicated that the power was FINALLY back on!
So I was cleaning out the fridge and tossing about everything away. On Thursday I had taken out the stuff we wanted most, put it in a container, and put it outside in the snow. Our trash day is Monday so we have to take trash out no earlier than 4 pm tomorrow--good timing!

The roads here still kinda suck, and there's really no reason for it that I can see. It was above 20 degrees on Thursday--they could have plowed and salted the roads then. Then we actually saw a salt truck out yesterday!

Note to self--NEVER EVER attempt Wal-Mart on Xmas eve! We went there for batteries, snacks, and some odds and ends to make life in the cold a bit more bearable. Think day after Thanksgiving is bad? HA!
Funny thing is, I was going to hold off on grocery shopping until tomorrow anyway, seeing as Friday was Xmas eve, and it turns out even if I had gone shopping Friday--no refrigeration!

I guess even treacherous road conditions won't keep away the revelers....

LL1

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Excellent call Indy, this now makes you the official ATS weatherman!
Do keep us aware of any upcoming forcasts!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I woke up in jersey to find it really sunny and nice outside dont even need a coat

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's even snowing in Texas and Louisiana today. I remember a couple years ago I went to Mexico for Christmas and it was about 70 degrees at least! Now, I'm looking at the same place and it's about 30 degrees. Wow, it's a cold one this year!

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LL1
Excellent call Indy, this now makes you the official ATS weatherman!
Do keep us aware of any upcoming forcasts!

Yes, I concur, EXCELLENT WORK!!!

BTW, anyone see that parts of Texas recieved the first measurable snow in 109 years?!?!?!?!?!?!?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join