It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are humans just programmed machines?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I find the thought that humans are just programmed machines to be abhorrent and wrong. However, the idea seems to be quite popular on sites like this and I'm starting to wonder how much truth there is to it.

My inspiration for this thread came from the following thread:

"People don't care (about Fukushima/Pacific Ocean death)..." - Kevin Blanch
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A couple of posters asserted that it's not that people don't care about Fukushima/Pacific Ocean death, the problem is that the MSM isn't covering the topics enough. This was my reply to that theory:

I am really tired of people that seem to have the view that humanity is just a bunch of androids that need to be programmed by the MSM on a given topic or they won't take it seriously. Again, I am cynical about humanity but that view makes us no better than machines that can't function without the proper programming. I'm not ready to accept that that's reality yet, I'm too much of an optimist to believe that we've reached that level of stupidity and hopelessness.

However, the dialogue in that thread got me to thinking about how much truth there is to the idea that humans are just programmed machines. Another thing that comes to mind regarding all this is the public's overall reaction to WTC building 7 just collapsing for no apparent reason on 911. The same excuse is generally given in my experience for the public's overall total lack of concern about that...the MSM didn't cover it enough. Well, they covered it live while the whole world watched, I think it was covered thoroughly. Fukushima was covered thoroughly by the MSM when it happened as well.

Anyway, the MSM hasn't told people to be concerned about WTC building 7 so they generally aren't concerned. The MSM hasn't told people to be concerned about Fukushima/Pacific Ocean death so they generally aren't concerned.

I could go on and on with examples, we talk about them here everyday. Bottom line:

Are humans just programmed machines?
edit on 6-4-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What can we do about Fukushima, stamp our feet, hold our breath, stop eating. It is what it is and it cant be stopped.
As for the WTC, its a US thing, maybe you should do more than post a thread

We certainly are not programmed machines, there is too much conflict for programing

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Humanity is far removed from it's own natural cognitive habitat of learning and surviving whilst knowing, appreciating and respecting nature and it's influence.

Culturally, in most of the world, humanity is fed it's ideas, opinions, behaviour and acceptable parameters of these from birth. The system automatically subliminally programmes the subconscious and conscious mind. Those that do not question these opinions and parameters are always going to believe only that which they are fed by the system unless something occurs to them that makes them think /know otherwise.

Those that question and look beyond that which is fed by the system, often find there is more to the Universe, humanity and life than that which the system has fed them .

It doesn't make humanity machines but it does demonstrate the fact that minds can be programmed to an extent.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

The best thing to do about Fukushima is get involved in your local active waste vaults.

Respect to those who are actually rendering this stuff 'safe'.

And keeping on topic... no.
edit on 6 4 2015 by Kester because: addition

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Also, I watched a documentary once about how predictable humans are, with retailers basing business strategy on temperature fluctuations and much more.

And don't forget the millions of dollars poured into psychological warfare by the Rockefeller foundations - this research has been formulated to foster the apathetic, ill informed situation we find ourselves in today.

And then going another level into it, what about the notion (Referred to by Einstein) that the past, present and future are all happening simultaneously - which would of course probably mean no free will.

Simulation Theory?
edit on 6-4-2015 by Soapusmaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
And just to add, I think the whole deal with 9/11 and building 7 is -

1. The general populace is just too ignorant of the physics involved, and the way politics has been used to cover a corporate agenda.

2. Many are too scared to face the prospect that the government would be involved in such a terrible act - think of the fear employed in relation to terrorists - now equate that into government terrorists and you can understand why people wouldn't want to face it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Soapusmaximus

There is an alternative to facing government terrorists.

I believe it's called mooning.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The body is hardwired to survive the harsh reality of universe it is the vehicle to navigate 3D space.

The mind and spirit, the consciousness operating the body which does the thinking etc.. is not programmed.

If we were programmed we would only think about the program. But we are free of thought and in reality - free to use our body however we choose .

If you can think about the program and exercise free thought, you can't be programmed because your not consistently thinking of something which was programmed inside you...

You can think on your own, then of programming was the case, you can deprogram your own mind (meditation)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

We have imagination that has run wild for thousands of years, bringing ideas into reality, engineering thoughts into working machines, and ability to create sounds, for language and intemperate random lines and curves for those languages.
The list of human achievement is long and diverse. we definitely are not programmed into some sort of set code or parameters.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Programs program the programmable but a being would have had to invent the program first.

a reply to: strongfp

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
We, and all animal lifeforms, are all just biological machines. The information we are fed along with the information passed on genetically are what determines our programming. We can be conditioned to believe as the ones in charge want us to. We are what we know and believe.

Who created these machines in the first place? Was our creation influenced by the consciousness of everything on this planet? What exactly is god? Could this consciousness, which governs the frequency of our surroundings be considered a part of god? The interaction with the frequency of this planet with our DNA is very relevant to our existence.

Why even question if we are machines, when in essence we are definitely nothing more than extremely sophisticated biological machines, far more complex than man will ever be able to create. Man can steer the perception of us easily though. The telepathic link between people is very real too, but we cannot control it and so far nobody has been able to artificially control it well for a very long time.
edit on 6-4-2015 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soapusmaximus
1. The general populace is just too ignorant of the physics involved, and the way politics has been used to cover a corporate agenda.

2. Many are too scared to face the prospect that the government would be involved in such a terrible act - think of the fear employed in relation to terrorists - now equate that into government terrorists and you can understand why people wouldn't want to face it.

1. A building has never spontaneously collapsed like WTC building 7 did in the history of the world according to many researchers. I would say that NO ONE of normal intelligence is so ignorant as to believe that that could spontaneously happen the way it happened just by chance.

2. "The government" wasn't necessarily involved. It was supposedly Larry Silverstein's decision to "pull it", correct?

originally posted by: strongfp
We have imagination that has run wild for thousands of years, bringing ideas into reality, engineering thoughts into working machines, and ability to create sounds, for language and intemperate random lines and curves for those languages.
The list of human achievement is long and diverse. we definitely are not programmed into some sort of set code or parameters.

There are theories that explain that such as the three following that I'm aware of. Based on my experience and research, a lot of people that believe in Gnosticism subscribe to the "Organic Portal Theory" BTW:

veilofreality.com...

1. Organic Portal Theory

www.youtube.com...

2. Minion Theory

The exponential population explosion that is taking place on our planet has resulted in a glut of human bodies being born — far too many for available human souls to incarnate in — with the result that animal souls or minions have incarnating into human bodies and now make up the majority of the human population.

www.energygrid.com...

3. Red Dress Program Theory

In Infinite Love is the Only Truth (2005), Icke introduces the idea of "reptilian software." He says that there are three kinds of people. The highest level of the Brotherhood are the "Red Dresses." These are "software people," elsewhere called "reptilian software," or "constructs of mind." They lack consciousness and free will, and their human bodies are holographic veils.[54]

A second group, the so-called "sheeple" – the vast majority of humanity – have what Icke calls "back seat consciousness." They are conscious, but they do whatever they are told and are the main source of energy for the Brotherhood. They include the "repeaters," the people in positions of influence who simply repeat what other people have told them. Doctors repeat what they are told in medical school and by drug companies, teachers repeat what they learned at teacher training college, and journalists are the greatest repeaters of all. The third group, by far the smallest, are those who see through the illusion; they are usually dubbed dangerous or mad. The "Red Dress" genetic lines keep obsessively interbreeding to make sure their bloodlines are not weakened by the second or third levels of consciousness, because consciousness can rewrite the software.[54]

en.wikipedia.org...

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
Humanity is far removed from it's own natural cognitive habitat of learning and surviving whilst knowing, appreciating and respecting nature and it's influence.

Culturally, in most of the world, humanity is fed it's ideas, opinions, behaviour and acceptable parameters of these from birth. The system automatically subliminally programmes the subconscious and conscious mind. Those that do not question these opinions and parameters are always going to believe only that which they are fed by the system unless something occurs to them that makes them think /know otherwise.

Those that question and look beyond that which is fed by the system, often find there is more to the Universe, humanity and life than that which the system has fed them .

It doesn't make humanity machines but it does demonstrate the fact that minds can be programmed to an extent.

So, you described humans as machines and then you end it with, "It doesn't make humanity machines"?

What you're saying to me then is that humans overall have essentially for all intents and purposes been turned into machines, correct?

originally posted by: donktheclown
Programs program the programmable but a being would have had to invent the program first.

a reply to: strongfp

The Five Monkeys Experiment

An experimenter puts 5 monkeys in a large cage. High up at the top of the cage, well beyond the reach of the monkeys, is a bunch of bananas. Underneath the bananas is a ladder.

The monkeys immediately spot the bananas and one begins to climb the ladder. As he does, however, the experimenter sprays him with a stream of cold water. Then, he proceeds to spray each of the other monkeys.

The monkey on the ladder scrambles off. And all 5 sit for a time on the floor, wet, cold, and bewildered. Soon, though, the temptation of the bananas is too great, and another monkey begins to climb the ladder. Again, the experimenter sprays the ambitious monkey with cold water and all the other monkeys as well. When a third monkey tries to climb the ladder, the other monkeys, wanting to avoid the cold spray, pull him off the ladder and beat him.

Now one monkey is removed and a new monkey is introduced to the cage. Spotting the bananas, he naively begins to climb the ladder. The other monkeys pull him off and beat him.

Here’s where it gets interesting. The experimenter removes a second one of the original monkeys from the cage and replaces him with a new monkey. Again, the new monkey begins to climb the ladder and, again, the other monkeys pull him off and beat him – including the monkey who had never been sprayed.

Monkeys at work

By the end of the experiment, none of the original monkeys were left and yet, despite none of them ever experiencing the cold, wet, spray, they had all learned never to try and go for the bananas.

johnstepper.com...

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why even question if we are machines, when in essence we are definitely nothing more than extremely sophisticated biological machines, far more complex than man will ever be able to create.

Why question whether we are machines?

Do you realize what we're facing? Extinction. That's what nuclearism has brought us to.

I think we better face this question of whether we are machines because if we are and if the opinions of those say, "People don't care about X, Y, or Z because they aren't being programmed properly" are right...

The world is about to die a horrible death and no one will do anything about it!

I think that's as serious as anything imaginable. And, if that's the case, the time to head for your nearest bunker or off planet resort will be SOON.
edit on 6-4-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure the three humans I produced arrived amid much grunting, panting and cursing my husband. I didn't take them out of a box and say damn we forgot to buy batteries again.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Being a 'machine' implies lack of free will and ability to act/think outwith that which is programmed. I would say most of humanity are thinking and acting within their programmed comfort zone rather than utilizing the (to many) latent potential for free will and ability to harmonise above programmed doctrine with the most absolute universal harmonies. It is on these frequencies that 'lightbulb' moments exist, the higher order thinking of those such as Einstein /Tesla etc and is the stuff of transcendence and Enlightenment.

edit on 6-4-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

And I am sure you agree as would all/most parents that there is a bond with mother and child that transcends the physical, far beyond that of mere machines.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Yes I would agree. Having been both a child and a parent.

posted on Apr, 11 2015 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Sorry for late reply, but I had to reply.

Larry said "we made the decision to pull", supposedly talking with the fire chief - He may have been there with the command and control group , but larry wasn't making any decisions I can assure you of that - look how much damage he has done to the cover up just by making that statement.

And my point about the public at large is that most don't have an ingrained knowledge of physics, so when they are told those buildings were taken down by terrorists, that's a reasonable explanation to them at a cursory glance.

top topics

join