It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rick Santorum Quotes WBC To Defend Indiana's Religious Freedom Law

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: 200Plus

I am curious. What was you excuse when Abbey refused to allow Bachelorette parties and a whole host of other "gay bars" followed suit. They were in the right to "stand up for their beliefs" or some other tripe I'm sure. It was simply breaking the non-discrimination law. But, it was OK because it was the other side doing it.

Was it in fact breaking the law? Is it part of the normal business of a gay bar to have Bachelorette parties? Did they allow Bachelorette parties for gays but not for straights? See, when you agree to cater weddings for straights but not for gays, THAT is discrimination. But if you decide not to cater weddings for ANYONE, it's not discrimination.

I followed this when it happened.

It was mostly because of the behavior of the women and the disrespectful way they treated the men in the club.

They were banned because of behavior - - not because they were straight.

Many women think when they go to a gay club - - anything goes.

edit on 6-4-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
this issue isn't about preferences. it's about biology. gays are born gay. it's not their fault. our country has managed to get equal rights for all racial groups (although i dare say, that could be argued), the handicapped and so forth, so i think gays easily fit into that category because

1. they aren't gay to spite religion. they are just born that way.

2. they aren't gay to spite their neighbors or the government. they are just born that way.

3. they aren't gay to make you uncomfortable if you're hetero. they are just born that way.

since when do we want to promote laws that deny people service based on something they were born to be? anybody??

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

He made have said 'love' everyone. That doesn't translate to 'bed' everyone.

Frankly, it's stunning that anyone would stoop to such a logic..

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
You can't threaten death and arson without a serious response.

P.S. reread the bible.....

So where is your heavy handed response to these people???

Christian Pastor Calls for Killing All Gay People

Christian Preachers Calling For Death Of All Gays

Lawyer In California Proposes Killing Gays With 'Sodomite Suppression Act'

Explain to me again about how it's the poor Christians being attacked and not the other way around???

Some of these people have a national media platform from which they are saying this stuff daily. Where is the LGBT radio shows and television shows of them doing the same thing???

While there may be extremists on both sides of the issue, one side seems to have no problem broadcasting their hate nation wide with impunity.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Santorum is just plain Creepy.

31 Rick Santorum Quotes…

Thanks to the folks at AddictingInfo.org for compiling Santorum quotes back in January “that prove he would be a destructive President.” We think today is a good day to review the “31 quotes that prove how ignorant, fanatical, heartless, and dangerous Rick Santorum is.” February 8, 2012

Here's 2:

Here’s the list:
1. “If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual [gay] sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. Does that undermine the fabric of our society? I would argue yes, it does. It all comes from, I would argue, this right to privacy that doesn’t exist in my opinion in the United States Constitution. In every society, the definition of marriage has not ever to my knowledge included homosexuality. That’s not to pick on homosexuality. It’s not, you know, man on child, man on dog, or whatever the case may be. It is one thing.”
~Rick Santorum, comparing homosexuality to bestiality, and saying that we don’t have the right to have consensual sex. He’s also saying we don’t have the right to privacy.

2. “There are people who were gay and lived the gay lifestyle and aren’t anymore. I don’t know if that’s the similar situation or that’s the case for anyone that’s black. It’s a behavioral issue as opposed to a color of the skin issue, and that’s the diff for serving in the military.”
~Rick Santorum, comparing homosexuality to being black.

santorumexposed.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

There's plenty of "responses" to those guys on ATS.

But those guys aren't Santorum.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Sassy, you say? Really? from someone who is arrogant enough to speak for Jesus?

There is a huge difference between preference and discrimination. Discrimination, as a word, has been misapplied-due to slick positioning-to the gay issue.

It has been so misused in the last 10 years or so, a 'new' definition has appeared. "To tell the difference between" is a human attribute and perhaps his best talent.

Preference is preferring. I 'prefer Starbucks over Seattle's Best coffee. Simple really.

Bigotry was the proper term.

So I do not buy into your redefining of discrimination even if the millennials do. When I see you 'thread' similarly to Muslims refusing to bake cakes for gay weddings then wax indignant.

"We can't allow states to start deciding for themselves who they want to be able to discriminate against and who they don't..." is about an arrogant, convoluted statement as I've seen in a long time.

I've already covered the discrimination side. We can't allow??? Really? Keep that attitude and I absolutely assure you that you will lose, completely and big time.

You had better learn to accept different moral codes, especially one that has been the foundation of this nation and the majority of it's peoples for around two hundred years.

Many view the gay acts as immoral, rightly or wrongly, yet have acquiesced despite that belief. I highly suggest you learn to do the same. One doesn't need to 'agree' with every point in the Christian community any more than they do the gays.

Without that equal acceptance on your side that the Christians have ALREADY displayed then I predict they-the collective Christian community- will withdraw that acceptance. They will fight back... Just saying....

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

christianity has 2 commandments - love thy neighbor as thyself. love the lord thy god, with thy heart, soul and mind. it doesn't say, struggle in vain to force people into god's morality, it says, if they don't want the gospel, dust off your feet and move on. nothing there about forcing people to do anything, about dispensing old testament law or about judging people for being born with biological differences.

edit on 6-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
if they start enacting "kill gay people" laws, i'm leaving cause this will not be the country i grew up in.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
how's that for heavy handed, mOjOm?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo
if they start enacting "kill gay people" laws, i'm leaving cause this will not be the country i grew up in.

I think this public display of Extreme Christianity will only work against them.

You can Believe gays should be put to death - - - but, you can't act on it. That is what Religious Freedom is - - you can Believe whatever you want.

You can Believe gays are an abomination - - - but, if you sign a government business license - - you are required by law to abide by the rules of that contract.

America is not a theocracy. Laws are not made to follow religious belief. (unless you are Hobby Lobby or . . . )

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Hmmm, interesting point. One is an 'act'. the other is usually a symbol.

I'll have to think about that one. Off the top, I'd agree...

P.S. I'm not a Christian. Obviously not all Christians hold the same views on the subject.

Indiana? Mid-west crowd? I'd say my take is generally accurate.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

They think it is. A cake for a wedding ceremony is viewed by them as contributing. Their take. Their call.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DelMarvel

Good point. It's getting out of hand. That's my biggest concern!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

They think it is. A cake for a wedding ceremony is viewed by them as contributing. Their take. Their call.

So, they get to make their own laws?

When did America become a Theocracy?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

He's nuts too.....

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Separation of Church and State. It may not be a theocracy...and shouldn't be. However, and this is a big 'however', those states that vote to give the benefit of the doubt to the Christians have that right as do the states that rule the other way.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

unfortunately, i don't think that's what all this is going to lead to. i think this crap is being used as fuel to get sane people really mad at all christians, thus creating a large throng of very pissed off and not so sane people.

since we are now governed by mob rule, expect to see some real ugly behavior on both sides of this issue. worst part is, both sides of the political isle, are fanning this flame. they intend on killing alot of americans, gay, christian, white, black, hispanic, and possibly even muslims and jews. this is damn scary. they're essentially declaring war on us.
edit on 6-4-2015 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Separation of Church and State. It may not be a theocracy...and shouldn't be. However, and this is a big 'however', those states that vote to give the benefit of the doubt to the Christians have that right as do the states that rule the other way.

They think they have the right - - - they don't.

Do I understand letting society adjust to evolving ideas? Yes. But, this is discrimination and they won't win.

A minority group has suffered discrimination long enough. I have no sympathy for those whining about Religious Persecution.

It needs to end now.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: undo

unfortunately, i don't think that's what all this is going to lead to. i think this crap is being used as fuel to get sane people really mad at all christians, thus creating a large throng of very pissed off and not so sane people.

Reap what you sow.

I was a senior in high school in 1964 - Civil Rights Act.

It was worth it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join