It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's happened to IS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Seems our MSM has gone all quiet on middle eastern front and the IS question.

Has IS upped sticks and moved on.? Have they disbanded.? Have they found God.?

Why no Beheadings of late,?
Why no Stories of Children being cooked and fed to worried Mothers,?
Why no stories of IS Militants defecting en Masse.?
Why no Videos of Gay people being thrown from rooftops.?

Did they even exist at all,? Seems to me like they have vanished from the face of the Earth..?
edit on 6-4-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

There's just no other crisis or scandal going on that they don't want you to know about this week.

So we can talk about Justin Bieber's roast and Taylor Swift showing a little skin instead. Why not?

~Tenth
edit on 4/6/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
In the last 24 hours they've destroyed a heritage site...

Blown up a church...

Beheaded 2 Hamas affiliates...

And lost a General who worked for Saddam...

All mainstream online...

But TV media is keeping a little quiet about these things lately.

I think they realised they were fuelling the recruitment fire.
edit on 6-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Ya think?

ME Terror stories tend to be rating gold on American TV. You'd think that would be front page. Just goes to show that the 24hr news cycle has a very short memory.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:26 AM
link   
`
In the UK newspapers have agreed to the 'oxygen of publicity' D8 notices similar to when the IRA were about. Because IS are actively using shock, awe and gore as a recruiting tool the benefits of letting the public know how brutal they are outwiegh the negative effect of it being a recruiting tool for fighters as everyone already knows they're complete and utter scum.

News stories will still continue (see the daily mail for instance) but they're now meant to serve a purpose to the public instead of just showing gore and massacres. I.e they need a purpose, not a corpse.

I have no idea about the US though as they don't have such self regulation under free speech grounds.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
In the last 24 hours they've destroyed a heritage site...

Blown up a church...

Beheaded 2 Hamas affiliates...

And lost a General who worked for Saddam...

All mainstream online...

But TV media is keeping a little quiet about these things lately.

I think they realised they were fuelling the recruitment fire.

You are 100% correct, many an ethics meeting has taken place and they've finally realised they were providing free advertising for them.
edit on 6-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well I must think buddy cos I don't watch the news

That was just a suggestion as I was guessing if Solo was referring to televised media as opposed to an online outlet.

Always did notice it more on Fox than Sky (for example)...
Both NewsCorp though I think.

Edit: not NewsCorp but Sky is distributed by Fox & Murdoch.

Strange.
Media is scum anyways.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Not sure what you're talking about, they just got beaten out of Tikrit. Now the Iraqi forces should be looking to maintain their momentum and target Mosul.

It was all over the "news' this past week.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

the Obama deal with modern Iran and the WH hidden hand in nuclear weapons proliferation to the WH choice to be the regional hegemon...

'dam the torpedos' attitude on Israel and Saudi... As the WH MB is doubling down with Persia
IS will mature to engage all the Shia proxy warriors (in Syria, Lebanon, Palestine, Yemen, eastern Iraq...)
IS(also being Sunni) will be folded into the Saudi led Confederation of 10 armies plus Pakistan to go against the Persians/Iranians

link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well I must think buddy coz I don't watch the news

That was just a suggestion as I was guessing if Solo was referring to televised media as opposed to an online outlet.

Always did notice it more on Fox than Sky (for example)...
Both NewsCorp though I think.

Media is scum anyways.

I was referring to Televised and printed media...I know the Voice was on and Ant and Dec just started up again but surely that cant be the reason for IS's disappearance from the UK's MSM...

Maybe a meeting has been called between the MSM and the Security chiefs on who and what should the next Bogeyman be named.

link   
There's an election campaign going on here in the U.K and it's all about taxation and pension reform here at the moment.

Oh and who's ahead in the polls.

Personally, I think we have given ISIS all the publicity they need, but I am sure that once the election is done and dusted, we will have more terror rammed down our throats.

Now, whatever happened to Global Warming?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Maybe a meeting has been called between the MSM and the Security chiefs on who and what should the next Bogeyman be named.

Nah they met in July 2014 to lay down the framework of denying oxygen of publicity via SIr Richard Dearlove ex-head of SIS (aka Mi5/MI6/GCHQ) finally an agreement has been reached not to waste page space advertising on their behalf.

www.theguardian.com...

Expect to see loads of stories exposing UK ISIS recruits as incompetent loners in the UK who live in their mums basement and don't have the skills to look after themselves let alone wage war in order to make them look as pathetic as they are in reality. Seee the guy the other week who took several hours to peel a potato for example.

This isn't a conspiracy thing, journalists are regularly in touch and called to meetings under D8 when a threat to national security is present.
edit on 6-4-2015 by bastion because: (no reason given)

link   
Theyre busy taking over a refugee camp in syria at present .. saw report on channel news asia website earlier today ..

link   
There are plenty of MSM articles published very recently on ISIS, I don't know where you get the media you consume, but I've read a number in just the last couple of days. The Washington Post had an interesting piece on the former-Baathist element that's said to be using the ultra-religious elements in the group to their own ends. Link

The information isn't hidden. You don't even have to look particularly hard for it. Just because it's not on the front page of every newspaper doesn't mean that it's not happening. And they're without question beheading people. There was a recent video (released this weekend) that showed the beheading of 4 Syrian regime soldiers. They also beaded the Imam at Yarmouke refugee camp in Damascus for being a somewhat less radical Islamist than they would like. It only makes the news over here when the beheaded individual is from over here. That's just the way it is.

Reddit isn't my favorite site in the world, but there are a few hidden gems. One is reddit.com/r/syriancivilwar. It's a fairly active community of people from all around the world closely following the conflict in Syria and, with ISIS, in Iraq as well. A number of native Arabic speakers with speedy translations, people with all sorts of different viewpoints from radical Islamist to pro-regime and everywhere in between.
edit on 4/6/2015 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Personally, I think we have given ISIS all the publicity they need, but I am sure that once the election is done and dusted, we will have more terror rammed down our throats.

Now, whatever happened to Global Warming?

You certainly aren't wrong there my friend. Far too much of it has been publicized already.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:46 AM
link   

They are hit by deadly flesh eating disease

ISIS fighters hit by deadly flesh-eating disease By Kesavan Unnikrishnan Apr 4, 2015 in Health Hundreds of Islamic State fighters in the Syrian city of Raqqa, the capital of the self-proclaimed ISIS caliphate, have been infected by Leishmaniasis which can become fatal if not treated with a simple course of medicine.

Hundreds of Islamic State fighters in the Syrian city of Raqqa, the capital of the self-proclaimed ISIS caliphate, have been infected by Leishmaniasis which can become fatal if not treated with a simple course of medicine.

Leishmaniasis is a disease caused by a parasite and is transmitted by the bite of certain types of sand flies. Worldwide, about 2 million new cases are reported each year causing 20,000 to 50,000 deaths. The disease causes large open wounds which eat away flesh and enlarged spleen and liver.
Initial cases were reported in war-torn Syria last year and doctors from organisations like Medicines Sans Frontieres were trying to curb the outbreak, but have left the area since ISIS took control.
Local medics with little experience of treating Leishmaniasis are left to deal with patients now. It is also reported that jihadi fighters are refusing medical treatment which has led to it spreading extensively.

Digital journal

It looks like mother Earth is taking care of this "Virus"
edit on 6-4-2015 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

RT Russia news gives full story on latest US foreign policy project called ISIS

Right now they are killing Palestinian refugees in Syria

Blood blood blood, its what ISIS and US lives of

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: WineAndCheese9

Oh, please.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Either that or they made a conscious decision to do the right thing...

& when I think about that I laugh a little, so you must be right Solo

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's Easter, everything slows down, it will pick up starting tomorrow.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:38 AM
link   
The mainstream media has been covering a bunch of IS stuff. Just an hour or so ago, CNN was showing live footage of people discovering and digging up a mass grave IS left in Tikrit.

The news generally runs in cycles, but IS has continued to remain as a significant actor in the news.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join