It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books on other/higher dimensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Greetings ATS,

I have been on the lookout for exploring other/higher dimensions for some time, spiritually but also scientifically, and after watching Interstellar last night (blew me away) I got a huge kick from within to explore more than what we (or I personally) currently know about whatever is going on (call it life, maybe, but it's just a word). Honestly this 3rd dimensional world we live in is boring, maybe it's because (or thanks to) how society shaped it to be, but I don't find pleasures in the physical senses anymore (food, sex, and so on). The idea that it is temporary and cannot be satisfied on the long run makes me wanna seek out something which is eternal and is beyond time and relativity.

So my question is, are there any books you recommend about such topics? I have been a spiritual person for most of my life but i'm more keen on exploring the scientific point of view on these matters... but I will appreciate any direction on this journey though.

Thanks!
edit on 6-4-2015 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
not really a book on higher dimensions but you may find very interesting is "the secret history of the world" by jonathan black its a hard read but it connects a lot of the dots you may be looking for , good luck !

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

I can recommend two books (1 a set) which is Blavatsky's 'Secret Doctrine' if you can get past the archaic; however I think its very relevant because it leads into my second suggestion which is The 'Path of Light by Christian O'brien. This comes from the Mystical Discourses spoken by Jesus to his inner circle on the Mount of Olives as recorded and witnessed by the disciples Matthew, Philip and Thomas. When reading it, its actually scary about the different levels/dimensions which is why men like Eusabious cherry picked what they would have and certainly wouldn't. O'Brien's background) was passion as a scholar of relevant ancient languages in the ME where he worked and discovered one of the Ziggarat cities in Iran whilst there working for an oil company. His translations are something the church would hate to accept but its time they did.

I admit to looking at other dimensions almost from the Hollywood perspective but for me its what affects my relationship to these dimensions and how they could possibly affect my life/afterlife. Nothing has ever visited me from another dimension that I am aware of so angels etc etc which plenty believe in leave me needing something tangible because blind faith doesn't do it for me as I see that as selling my intelligence short IMHO. If one looks at what has not been deliberately destroyed from the pagan past and the relevance of the measuring and knowledge from the `zodiac, the pagans seemed to create far more than any dessert religion has again IMHO.

They are only suggestions which may not be the direction you are looking into. Hope you find what you need.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

Thanks I will give it a look, but what you said about angels and never being visited... Have you never woke up in the morning with an idea/inspiration/realization and so on? There's something about the so called dream world which I believe makes this reality a virtual reality imo.

I just can't get my understanding into it, but it's similar to the Avatar movie, you have two bodies and you fall asleep in one and wakes up in the other. Now which one is more realistic?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: babalon1971

From the outside it looks more like a conspiracy book, but I see that it has far more depth than that.

Never judge a book by its cover I guess, i'll get more into it. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: babalon1971

I do so recommend Jonathan Black (he is coming to talk to a group I go to later this year I am sooo looking forward to meeting this man with incredible perception and knowledge. I went through one of the museums where I live and could see where the concepts his book covers were once a common held belief simply by the statues within the house. n An amazing read which will open your mind.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Good question which is more real as we live in both? I am not a great dreamer though.

When I was studying I use to read what I needed to learn or remember before going to sleep and the engrams seemed to get absorbed, which for me simply says the power of my mind absorbed what I needed to by that particular method. If I read earlier in the day little seemed to stick.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

"Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku is an interesting read. I also came across this particular spiritual perspective on the matter:

www.amazedsaint.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Michet

"Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku is an interesting read. I also came across this particular spiritual perspective on the matter:

www.amazedsaint.com...

Much thanks for this, I used to go to group meetings with a guru that used to read from the Vedanta.
It's really fascinating to see such a perspective, I feel like digging into both books now...

top topics

join