It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He’s going to learn in the next 25 years why I let him live"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Of course I'm not advocating "prosecuting precrime" - I was simply pointing out why a victim of a violent assault would fend off an attacker instead of passively waiting for the offender to be apprehended and properly sentenced. Because that would be appropriate - "Oh the punishment for assault should be 5 years jail time so I better not be unfair to this violent perpetrator by thumping them"

Really, I don't think so.

Nobody has the right to tell another person how they "should" behave whilst being attacked. There aren't rules of engagement to be followed by the victim and the aggressor. What would you let someone do to you before you retaliated? Point of fact - the victim doesn't know in advance how far the aggressor is prepared to go before they stop.

In one of my earlier posts I asked for suggestions on appropriate punishment for sex offenders. It's obvious that the system in flawed looking at the sentencing they receive and the threat they pose to society being ever-present.

Read this thread on how the justice system failed a three year old girl who was the victim of a sexual assault:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

If I don't want lawless society then I don't have much choice but to support the fact that we need a justice system and you trying to ask me to come up with a better system is pretty pointless. There are people with far more experience than me trying to make things work. And of course I know it's flawed - reference the thread I linked to.

It's really not that difficult to see when something doesn't work whether or not you know how to fix it. I'd soon know if a car engine wasn't working - and I wouldn't need someone trying to be smart to ask me how I knew, since I was incapable of mending it or inventing a car engine that would never break.

If a victim of a violent crime believed that they were justified in defending themselves I'd believe they were right. I'd believe their justification before I'd believe any justification being put forward by the aggressor.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Pedos, cops, transexuals, etc. are rarely put in prison gen. pop. So, I'm sorry to burst the bubbles of those who want to see a guy raped the rest of his life.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join