It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"He’s going to learn in the next 25 years why I let him live"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: berenike

Seriously - what can be done to send a message to sex offenders and bullies that their behaviour towards the young, elderly and vulnerable is totally unacceptable and will be punished at least adequately?

And, I do mean punished. Some people talk about not wanting to go so far that the punishment is a revenge rather than a punishment. I don't think that way. I'd like to see a punishment that is an actual deterrent.

But then, I'd like the Law to be fairer in other ways too. People are locked up for a lot of things that I probably wouldn't consider a crime

How about chemical ..or otherwise castration for sex offenders

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

I'd agree with that - voluntary, or otherwise.

If someone has what is regarded as a 'sickness' that they cannot be rehabilitated out of, I don't see how else to let them back into society and consider that society is safe.

The thing is, though, that we as a society are churning out sick individuals like this. Chemical castration after the event is a bit late.

What are we doing, in this day and age, where we are supposed to be so enlightened and have access to so much information and education, to produce individuals such as this one who feel compelled (?) to target little kids?

At the moment, until we understand this, I really do think that massive deterrents have to be the answer. Although, I don't know how hard it is to deter a person with some sort of compulsion. Maybe we'd have to be content with just deterring the opportunistic sort of perpetrator?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You can still "get got" in protective custody. Dude has nowhere to hide.

IFeven in the UK pedos get beaten, tortured and abused in even the most high sercurity protective custody.......

USA I can imagine would be 1000X worse

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: berenike
It has to be some form of mental illness, I wonder if it hasn't always been this way and was never talked about..or has it increased. I guess the net has made it much more accessible.

I'm not sure deterrents work..perhaps locked up indefinitely as a dangerous offender.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Good to know there are still cases where justice is carried out sensibly.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm glad the guy is getting what's coming to him, but as a society we'd be far better off if people like this were simply dragged out back and shot between the eyes- the same way a misbehaving animal would have been dealt with a hundred years ago.

The punishment in this country is far too severe for non violent crimes- but for cases like this, I really don't think a prison term is right. Yeah, the guy is getting his comeuppins- but at what cost?
Lets just say he survives that 25 year sentence- what kind of monster will he be, then? Why are we paying for this? It doesn't solve anything, it doesn't un-do what has been done.

Honestly, it'd be less damaging to society to just stick the guy in a barrel with his ass hanging out, pass him around for a week or two, and then take him out back and shoot him. He'd get some severe punishment, and then be permanently removed from society.
But I'm guessing that saying that makes ME the bad guy.

I guess I just have a hard time understanding inefficient solutions.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Shamrock6

You can still "get got" in protective custody. Dude has nowhere to hide.

IFeven in the UK pedos get beaten, tortured and abused in even the most high sercurity protective custody.......

USA I can imagine would be 1000X worse

If it happened here the dad would get time and the guy would probably get a knighthood.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Retribution has very little influence on folks who are predisposed to crime.
Sociopaths, psychopaths, psychotics, badly reared, sadists, masochists, socially retarded individuals (libertarians?) only attempt to avoid punishment. With over 2,000,000 citizens currently imprisoned for mostly non-violent crimes, it isn't like incarceration is a GOOD deterrent. It's just a very expensive housing program for folks we don't like and some that need to be removed from polite society.

In this instance twenty five years of isolation will not cure him of being a pedophile. It is the immediate cure for his antisocial behavior. It is not a lasting cure. I always thought it was better to find out WHY someone goes a deviant way in order to prevent further departures from healthy lifestyles. We should be looking to solutions that hold to making a better future instead of merely knocking the snot out of someone, incarcerating them for half of their adult life or wishing that they just die.

Vengeance only makes life more brutal.

Please note I am not recommending that he be treated like a wayward child. I'm just suggesting that we should use him to discover how to prevent more of him. Completely screwing him up does not reflect well on us and does not do anything but make the ol' eye for an eye (a rabbi told me it wasn't supposed to be literal but how do you explain a concept of giving something for a slight to a tribesman?) crowd content in their easy chairs.

A little thinking might be more useful than going on a knee jerk spasm of rage.
edit on MondaypmMon, 06 Apr 2015 14:20:04 -050022015 by largo because: I was confusing me. Now not so much.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

That sick bastard deserved every punch of that beating,hopefully it will give him a lifetime of PTSD to go along with everything else they do to him in prison.
A mate of mine was in prison once in the UK,and worked in the kitchens-he said it was routine that inmate kitchen workers put ground up glass and feces into the food for the "beast wing" inmates.
The guards quality checked all the food,exept for the beasts food.

Horrible yes,but then only sub humans rape kids.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this thread OP, it is really disturbing to read the story and the only thing that brought a ray of sunshine to my day was the before and after photographs :-)

In my humble opinion the Father showed great restraint beyond what most folks would be capable of. I hope the Son recovers from this but I doubt his life now will be without mental scars.

S&F
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Let's just say he's going to get a taste of his own medicine. Good thing they caught this guy early, the more that these types get away with the worse they get.

One thing I don't understand about this case though, is that I can remember reading about dozens of similar cases in the past where sicko's have been caught doing the same thing, if not worse, and only received sentences equal to about half of what this punk got. Is it because of all the media attention around it?

Sad truth is I think this guy will be out in 5 years on "good" behavior.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse
Can not imagine that leos or prison guards like these duece bags very much or would go to any lengths at all to protect them. These sort of individuals should get hard labour and i mean chain gang sort of labour. Breaking rocks etc in cold hard conditions for years. When they are released they should be monitored and never left alone with children. If by any chance they managed to reaffend then they should be chemically castorated and locked onto a chain gang until they die.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Its not a witch hunt. The man is ill and needs some kind of help. We will never be albe to deal with a probelms until we can talk about and understand the problem.

poor show peeps..

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Becoming a monster to fight a monster makes you no different...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'll never understand why people look at this guy as a hero or something. Yeah the pedo guy's a creep and all that but to make it sound like this guy is some amazing person for beating him up?

Yeah no. All he proved is that his anger is on a short fuse and that he gets satisfaction out of physical violence.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: corvuscorrax

Yeah no. All he proved is that his anger is on a short fuse and that he gets satisfaction out of physical violence.

He son just got raped!

Id say the fact he did not kill the POS shows he had a hell of a lot of restraint.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

He son just got raped!

Id say the fact he did not kill the POS shows he had a hell of a lot of restraint.

If restraint to you is NOT killing someone then I'll just leave you to that line of logic.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   

He son just got raped!

If restraint to you is NOT killing someone then I'll just leave you to that line of logic.

Not killing someone "who has just raped your son"

For # sake ever hear of context?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
What happens in 25 years?

This guy is still going to be pretty young.
He's still going to have these urges.

I'll tell you what's going to happen.
He's going to get out, become a criminal (because really, what other option will he have as a convicted pedo?), and then he's going to rape other little boys before eventually being caught again (because he doesn't seem to be a bright guy)....

Nope, dad should have ended this guy.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
What happens in 25 years?

This guy is still going to be pretty young.
He's still going to have these urges.

I'll tell you what's going to happen.
He's going to get out, become a criminal (because really, what other option will he have as a convicted pedo?), and then he's going to rape other little boys before eventually being caught again (because he doesn't seem to be a bright guy)....

Nope, dad should have ended this guy.

Or he gets shanked by other inmates.

Or he kill him self after all the prison beatings and shower room rapeings.

We can only hope anyway

new topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join