It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Department of Defense Visiting my Website?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Hi All,

I have a website that displays some of my writing for potential clients or employers to see some selections of my work. I don't market it and I really just use it for employment purposes.

Using Google Analytics is rather eye-opening. I see all kinds of weird countries listed---especially China, Russia, etc. I don't know why people in other countries would be looking at some website that hardly even exists (for all intents and purposes), but what really surprised me today was seeing that the Department of Defense Network Information Center has been there five times. I have the dates they visited in March.

Obviously, I'm a little alarmed. I spend time here at ATS and occasionally post some thoughts on FB---but nothing too inflammatory and not often. So, I'm wondering what this is all about?

Anyone else know anything about this center? Or have had this happen to them?

Thanks...

edit on 5-4-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MRuss

They don't just visit your websites. But your cell phones, satellites, and routers as well. What do you think Social Media and Forums like this are exactly? Google, Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, Yahoo (big 5) are Social Anthropology and Criminal psychology analytics. Highly inefficient and inaccurate but can and WILL be used against you in The Criminal Just Us $Y$TEM.

They sure weren't kidding about military intelligence being an oxymoron.

60 Mins Shalomland Insecurity Minority$$Report

Fukem...they deserve to be inflamed.
No my$tery they call it Net FrameWork or the Web.

Net-
a bag or other contrivance of strong thread or cord worked into an open, meshed fabric, for catching fish, birds, or other animals

Frame-
a : plan, contrive framed a new method of achieving their purpose
b : shape, construct
a : to devise falsely as a criminal charge
b : to contrive the evidence against an innocent person so that a verdict of guilty is assured
c : fix 7b
: to fit or adjust especially to something or for an end : arrange

Web-
noun
a network of fine threads constructed by a spider from fluid secreted by its spinnerets, used to catch its prey.
synonyms: mesh, net, lattice, latticework, lacework, webbing; More
a filmy network spun by some insect larvae, especially communal caterpillars.
a complex system of interconnected elements, especially one perceived as a trap or danger.
edit on 6-4-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Your post: My Friend From Area 51, posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:55 PM

That would be my guess.

TMI

That will definitely get some attention.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Stands out like a sore thumb.
edit on 6-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Maybe they want to hire you?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I had a website back in 1998. I got the same thing. People from all over the world, included numerous US Government entities. I figured it was people surfing the web on the job for entertainment. US Government employees are notorious for that.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Seriously... I see they were visiting my little writing website from Alexandria, VA. Why? I'm really confused. There were five separate visits...the most recent just three days ago.

How would they get my name from here? Maybe from FB?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

LOL, this and anything you type online is not anonymous. Every keystroke is logged, every site you go to, everything.

You are only anonymous to other users who do not have tracing capabilities.

edit on 6-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I highly doubt that!

I'm not much of a rabble rouser. I write humorous columns and local interest stories. I'm sad about the direction our country is moving in, but that's about it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just curious, is it a public website?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Some phones get routed through some of those DOD IP's. Some carriers apparently use NAT in order to firewall their phones, basically. Here's a bit of info from a guy who saw the IP scanning his phone.

www.markturner.net...

ETA: That is to say, it's possible it could have been someone looking at your website through their phone who's phone happened to be using one of the DOD IP's.
edit on 6-4-2015 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
DoD visiting your website?
Welcome to the club. You ain't seen nothing yet

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

How would they get my name from here? Maybe from FB?

From Google , no idea how they would find you .

The Department of Defense Visiting my Website?, page 1 - Above Top ...
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1062711/pg
50 mins ago - 1 post - ‎1 author
I spend time here at ATS and occasionally post some thoughts on FB---but nothing too inflammatory ... edit on 5-4-2015 by MRuss because: (no reason given).

Took 15 seconds.
edit on 6-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   
You're posting to a conspiracy website. That probably puts you on a list (along with everyone else on ATS, and half the population) of potential terrorists.

But, they can't send half the population to Guantanamo for being potential terrorists, so they've got to filter the list. How do they do that? Using data. Where do they get data? Wherever they can. Your website would be a good source of data.

I suspect some of the visits may be made by "bots" collecting data.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

As someone who grew up in the 70's, apparently I'm not in Kansas anymore.

The site is public. How can a website be private? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Well, that sounds unsettling. What else can I look forward to?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I used to have websites and my site meter counter registered strange places or domains at times, I determined people sometimes accidentally click into it. I could see the pages they entered and how long the visit was. 2 seconds was an OOPS. I would also see what page they came from. Or their Google search terms. I finally realized it was either accidental or people that work at these places are interested in my website and indeed they are from all over the world. Other countries often showed them entering through the google translate tool. I would click on the link they used to see my website turn russian or Italian.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss

As someone who grew up in the 70's, apparently I'm not in Kansas anymore.

The site is public. How can a website be private? Just curious.

There's a code you can add that stops it being picked up in google , if you want certain pages private, it's a no robots text, forgot what it is, but you can search to find the code, you put it on the page code in html and it won't show up in google anymore. It stops the spider bots from crawling your site
edit on 6-4-2015 by violet because: (no reason given)

If people have saved the pages they can still get in though, it's sort of to stop it in the first place

Or changing the title in the meta data can obscure the real content. I don't have websites anymore so I'm a bit rusty on this and things have since changed

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Time Warner NODE i believe is out of Alexandria or Herndon. You with Time Warner?
edit on 6-4-2015 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MRuss
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

I highly doubt that!

I'm not much of a rabble rouser. I write humorous columns and local interest stories. I'm sad about the direction our country is moving in, but that's about it.

By law your real name is kept on record as the owner of the website, anyone can look that up. If it's your own domain

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Maybe they want to use your writing skills to create better propaganda.

Or maybe a low-level employee likes your work.

Or maybe...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join