It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Spielberg To Make Documentary About Russian UFO Lake

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   

The Siberian Times reported this week that the world famous director would be visiting Lake Baikal in May to kick off the filming of “Depth 211,” a documentary about one of Siberia’s hottest hotbeds of UFO activity.

Mysterious Universe

I sure hope this happens (apparently there are only rumors so far). This lake has been the scene of some absolutely fascinating unexplained incidents. There's a few threads on the lake already if you're interested, although they are a few years old.

Lake Baikal - UFOs Neutrinos and Circles

Russia: Mysterious Lake Baikal Devours Vessels

Lake Baikal contains more fresh water than all the Great Lakes combined.

The lake is quite big and it's surrounded entirely by mountains. For whatever reason, it has been a UFO hotspot for many years. There have been rumors of a secret UFO base near the lake. Here's a recent picture allegedly depicting the lights of one of these UFOs:

Taken by Nikita Tomin, in July 2010. He states, "It flew right above us, very low. The object was shining down on us with a green light. We were a bit scared."

Vyacheslav Lavretevich, a rescuer, recalled an incident but did not give the date. 'We were on a yacht on Lake Baikal, and from under us flew out a huge glowing disk. It blinded us, and for a second flew into the sky.

'We did not even have time to grab any cameras, nor take video, although many of us saw it. It was a huge - and lit up all of our yacht. In diameter it was probably 500-700 metres, a huge disk.

'For three minutes it shone from below (the surface), and then abruptly departed in a second. The spectacle was huge, awesome. Beautiful, and shocking.'

The witness, Vyacheslav Levretevich.

While there have been many sightings of glowing objects and flying saucers over the lake, the most interesting sightings have come from divers exploring its depths.

The most famous encounter was in 1982 when seven military divers came face-to-face with aliens. Historian Alexey Tivanenko describes the meeting:

At a depth of 50 meters, they met swimmers, around three meters tall, dressed in tight-fitting silvery suits. They did not have any scuba or other devices, just helmets on their heads.
The divers suddenly and mysteriously found themselves on the shore suffering from decompression and three of them died.

Petroglyphs (prehistoric rock carvings) in the area were said to look like the beings the divers encountered.

It would appear that if the stories are true, whatever those divers encountered has been around for quite some time. The lake is
25 million years old.

I don't know about you all, but assuming "Depth 211" is happening I'll sure be watching!

sources:

The Siberian Times

Mysterious Universe
edit on 3006America/Chicago28America/ChicagopmSun, 05 Apr 2015 18:43:28 -05002015-04-05T18:43:28-05:0006f by thesearchfortruth because: eta, changed misspelled word

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thesearchfortruth

Is Spielberg going direct or produce?

As long as they include stuff like this…

Scenes

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I am sure it will be interesting

Spielberg knows his stuff

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Looking forward to a good new alien movie that might be slightly based on true events. Considering that just seeing UFOs doesn't make much of a movie it'll be interesting what he does with the plot.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
This lake has some curious happenings and eye witness reports, multiple groups of multiple people.

Never heard much of this lake, and if Spielberg is interested enough to create rumors of directing a movie about it, I'm all ears and eyes

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I'd just be worried Spielberg would rather this make money than be accurate. Hopefully he doesn't feel the need to embellish or outright lie to make this presentable.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Interesting, I always sensed neutrinos are part of the story somehow. I will read this when I have more time. Hopefully the movie is made.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Scenes

I doubt that Spielberg needs any direction.
(Pun intended.)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy
I'd just be worried Spielberg would rather this make money than be accurate. Hopefully he doesn't feel the need to embellish or outright lie to make this presentable.

They all make movies to make money, don't they?
Some I'm sure, perhaps Spielberg with his record, may be one of those chosen to tell us certain stories that help the populace get better acquainted with formerly forbidden ideas, concepts and realities.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Wonder if it gets released the same time as the next Star Wars movie ?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

That's why I said "rather this make money that be accurate". Nothing wrong with making money, but not at the expense of honesty

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Good News and thanks for the heads-up!
Admitting to a guilty pleasure, I bought a 'Taken' box for posterity--
just because I sat through the ABC miniseries and enjoyed the story.

The ensemble was topnotch, the plot and character development
was the best I've seen for this subject matter... and it made me
understand why they're staying out of the public awareness
for now. I honestly think we've got to suck it in a little yet and
grow up before we're ready to play nice.
Don't want to fry the kids.... "Look at me Colonel." ROFL. No Spoilers.

If you're a Spielberg fan, and I am somewhat-- this should be very
good if he sticks to the known facts and doesn't doctor too much.
To me, it's not a doc if it starts to smell like a plot.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun

originally posted by: intrptr

Scenes

I doubt that Spielberg needs any direction.
(Pun intended.)

Ha ha, me neither. I want him involved, if dramatic and sensational his story line includes some reference to actual cases. I would trust him to see it done right. When "Close Encounters" first came out it was still a time of UFO ridicule and relegation to National Enquirer. It was first time I saw some things that were similar to what I saw appearing in main stream film.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: mymymy

Damn right...it will be about the money. His handlers are gonna water down any pieces of truth.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
The one character in the bottom center of your picture of the glyph s....

Looks very similar to this image of the center character from another poster and thread.

Ancient Indians and their...

edit on 5-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Im scared of Siberia, I love to travel but that place is a for real dangerous hot spot,too many unexplained weird deaths associated with orange orbs. After the tent attack story, if you are familiar with it, I wouldn't be caught dead there or I might be dead there.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Foderalover because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

Any stories relating to the orange orbs that would have some how been involved?
edit on 5-4-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Sounds interesting. A must see for sure

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Foderalover

I'll have to look that story up.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesearchfortruth
I sure hope this happens (apparently there are only rumors so far).

I hope it doesn't happen, as I don't see Hollywood and reality going well together, the thought of making things more appealing to a target audience usually makes them choose one point of view and present it as fact.

Also, I don't like Spielberg much as a director.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join