It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the countries where the US has a military presence.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

To be honest, I think that yes, you (and others) were way too harsh on TechniXcality's comments and took them out of context.

I didn't read his comments the way you guys did.

So be the true Canuck that you are and apologize for being such a hardass.

You ornery rutting moose, you.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well Sremmos our positioning is strategic nothing more nothing less. Indeed there are countries and people who would use an American fault in strategy to take the benifit and atttack . Now whether these folks are morally wrong no they are as wrong as we are. But if its your head or theirs its definitely gonna be theirs. Its ethical our leadership is doing what any other countries in our position would do. We can wish we were in a Walgreens world all day but we are not we are in reality and this is how reality functions.

Pathetic War mongers use this reasoning every day and their people see right thru it.

The US is only perfecting it to the point of their brainwashed populace actually believing the rhetoric. If you doubt it, look back a few posts.

Jude11

War mongers?

Oh you mean humanity as a whole, good point we are a violent species, always have been.

That is the result if predators evolving intelligence.

We just got smarter, we didn't get less predatory.

It seems you are coming from the opinion peace is humanities natural state.

Which is utter nonsense.

Just look at history.

There has and always will be war.

With that in mind, why not move your chess pieces into favorable positions?

It is smart to do so.

It is illogical to do otherwise.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wonder if the US suddenly decided: Okay, that's it. We're packing up and leaving. All military forces will stay contained within the US borders and territories only. BTW - we're dropping out of NATO, so we're no longer obligated by that treaty to maintain any forces abroad.......

If the US did that today, what would that map look like in say, 10 years?

Any one want to color in a new map?

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

How would our economy look?

I get your point but not sure it would be that drastic.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

a reply to: Dimithae

Let's choose a thread to discuss because these are similar topics, I believe myself to be a patriot but I am also a realist , we are not isolationist our history of how and why this occurred is evident. So here we are, giving up our missile defense or any of our strategic positions is not an option . I don't want us to be here but we are so what is your suggestion?

Maybe instead of the US going round all RAR RAR and bombing # up needlessly in the ME and wasting money chasing goat herders.

And instead of Countrys in the EU relying on US/French/German/UK forces to save there arse.

MAYBE
USA/UK/France/Japan/Germany/Australia/Canada/ Rest of EU should all go into a equal partnership, pool our resources and get all our best minds together and actually build the ultimate space based missiles and ground defence system that would make Regans Starwars look like a POS

Then sit back and let Russia/China /ME rip themselves apart while the west can safely sit back and laugh while drinking beers together knowing if any of there petty wars spill over we can just zap em from space

Because weaponizing space is expressly forbidden by treaties between the US and Russia.

Just to start off with.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I really don't think that disappearing off the global map is a necessity... your scenario sounds a wee bit on the hyperbolic side to me.

Call me crazy, but I think that foreign diplomatic relations plays a far more important role in mitigating peaceful solutions between sovereign countries than flexing one's military might.

But that's just my way of seeing things.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Because weaponizing space is expressly forbidden by treaties between the US and Russia.

Just to start off with.

And they USA has never broken a treaty before?

Treaty can be amened. Especially if they are dumb.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
I wonder if the US suddenly decided: Okay, that's it. We're packing up and leaving. All military forces will stay contained within the US borders and territories only. BTW - we're dropping out of NATO, so we're no longer obligated by that treaty to maintain any forces abroad.......

Just curious.

WW3 has been staved off so far because the US being positioned around the world.

If we pull out, all hell will break out again just like before.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

a reply to: Sremmos80

Well Sremmos our positioning is strategic nothing more nothing less. Indeed there are countries and people who would use an American fault in strategy to take the benifit and atttack . Now whether these folks are morally wrong no they are as wrong as we are. But if its your head or theirs its definitely gonna be theirs. Its ethical our leadership is doing what any other countries in our position would do. We can wish we were in a Walgreens world all day but we are not we are in reality and this is how reality functions.

Out of all of those countries .......
How many do you think are a threat to the US and who would be the main dangers ?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ensinger23
a reply to: alldaylong

The article does state that the maps include even the smallest of "bases" including a single attache. I do know that US troops fly through Ireland quite regularly via Shannon. I'm sure there is some sort of "base" there.

There are no bases in The Irish Republic.

You do know that The Irish Republic is a neutral country don't you ?
edit on 5-4-2015 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Staved off?
We have destabilized the very area that it will most likely kick off from.

How do you figure we have staved if off with the presence all over the world?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Just curious.

WW3 has been staved off so far because the US being positioned around the world.

If we pull out, all hell will break out again just like before.

No. It's the US that will trigger WW3.

Directly or behind the scenes they have their fingerprints all over it.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Staved off?
We have destabilized the very area that it will most likely kick off from.

How do you figure we have staved if off with the presence all over the world?

Because there will be wars.

This is without question.

The only question is scale.

By causing and fighting little co flicts here and there, we have in fact kept another giant world spanning war from happening.

What is better a full on city wide riot, or one neighborhood getting trashed?

By causing smaller local conflicts we defuse larger region spanning conflicts.

Think of how wars were before america got involved like we are now.

Think of how they are now in comparison.

Before giant wars everywhere that raveged millions.

Now smaller conflicts that wreak havoc on thousands or hundreds of thousands.

The population of the world has more than doubled, yet the casualties in wars has dropped dramatically from their historical averages.

Sure it is a messy business and you get to take hell from all sides, but at the end of the day less suffer and more live.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
:holding up hands:

Not making a point at all. Seriously, I'm really curious as to what people on here think would happen. Would Russia start trying to put bases out in those places? China? Some other countries?

I'm NOT trying to say if the US pulled out of everywhere that it would cause some sort of world collapse (it would affect people in those countries, especially in the places that have a large US base in them, because the military tends to hire local people and buy local merchandise, so I think it would hurt, but not sure if it would cause a collapse or not).

So, no, not trying to make a statement. I'm really curious to know what y'all think would happen. I might night agree with you, but I still want to hear your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I can't wait till you guys try something serious with Russia in your imperialistic arrogance, I can't wait to see guys like you with a surprise bloody nose asking yourself

Whoa how did that happen, they aren't supposed to be able to do this

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: MensaIT3
a reply to: TechniXcality

I can't wait till you guys try something serious with Russia in your imperialistic arrogance, I can't wait to see guys like you with a surprise bloody nose asking yourself

Whoa how did that happen, they aren't supposed to be able to do this

Our imperialism?

Yes because America regularly annexes other nations or the territories.... Wait that would be Russia doing that for most of the last century.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

If you don't like Russia taking Crimea

Then may I suggest you change your policy to tolerant of Russia and not trying to slow cook them with insidious things like regime changes all over even Ukraine

Russians are not stupid even though they sometimes look it, they are not drunk every day, sometimes they are sober and they look at US warring and ask. Are we next ?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

But for me it comes down to one question do you believe that those in power generally have our well being in mind when making choices? And for me that's a yes

AAAHAHAAHA

Aaaaaaa hahaha

Good lord son, do you read the news

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MensaIT3

Are you privy to classified information?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

<< 1  2    4 >>

join