It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All the countries where the US has a military presence.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Found a very nice article that I couldn't find posted anywhere else. This topic could fall under a lot of forums but I thought this was appropriate as a lot of these "bases" are probably there for "terrorism" purposes.

according to the most recent publicized count, the U.S. military currently still occupies 686 “base sites” outside the fifty states and Washington, DC. While 686 base sites is quite a figure in its own right, that tally strangely excludes many well-known U.S. bases, like those in Kosovo, Kuwait, and Qatar. Less surprisingly, the Pentagon’s count also excludes secret (or secretive) American bases, like those reported in Israel and Saudi Arabia. There are so many bases, the Pentagon itself doesn’t even know the true total.

Nice graphics and some top notch info.

QUARTZ - These are all the countries where the US has a military presence

edit on 4/5/2015 by Ensinger23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Ensinger23

I for one am glad we have our fingers in deep. Makes for quick theater arrival. It insures a presence amongst our enemy's, and help further western interests. Yes admittedly sometimes at the sacrafice of moral compass for strategy. In that way I don't like it but it is what it is and we can't change it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
thats quite a spread.
if it was a Risk map i would like the odds.
just hope the doom sayers are wrong and the dollar doesnt collapse.
could change the map drastically.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Yes we must always further our western interest on the world.

Our way or the high way folks.

We could change it, we just act like if we did we would be taken over the next day.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The source article also makes a pretty good/funny point.

People are waiting around for all of our troops to be out of Afghanistan, when we haven't even left Germany yet!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
those colors will keep spreading..
make no doubt about it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Sremmos my boy how are ya? disagreeing with me as usual huh. If that is your interpretation of what I said your sorely mistaken. No the U.S would not be ran over if we pulled out but as of now we are the front line for the western world we make choices that are highly criticized and sometimes rightfully so.

But for me it comes down to one question do you believe that those in power generally have our well being in mind when making choices? And for me that's a yes and that may be a naive yes to many. But that comes from experience and understanding that leadership makes tough choices but almost always to the benifit of the people whether it appears so or not, you are not privy to all the information.

Let me ask a different question in general do you believe people to be good this includes yourself?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

The link you attached shows The U.S. Military has a presence in France. That's not correct. The U.S. have had no military in France since 1967.

Therefore i wouldn't treat the link as anywhere near being accurate.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Interesting:

Map of USA presence abroad

Map of Bases

Map of Troops

USA Troop targets for Afghanistan

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I didn't mean it as that as what you were saying.
Just if we really tried to say we shut down some of those bases that is the response our dear elected leaders would push. I don't like the absolute idea that we could in no way change the way we act with our military.

We don't need to be the front line for the western world, we need to stop making team america a literal thing.

I believe people are good yes, not everyone of course. Always exceptions to the rule.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

There are no more US bases in France you are correct. The closest you can get now is as part of the Marine SF at the US Embassy there

also the history for other members:

After 15 years of USAFE basing, French President Charles De Gaulle decided to evict NATO forces from France. On 7 March 1966, he announced that France would withdraw from NATO's integrated military structure. He gave NATO forces one year to depart France

basically they got booted out

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Phatdamage

The graphic also shows U.S. Military presence in The Irish Republic.

Again complete cobblers. I don't think those graphics are worth the paper they are drawn on.

Treat with caution and a pinch of salt.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

I for one am glad we have our fingers in deep. Makes for quick theater arrival. It insures a presence amongst our enemy's, and help further western interests. Yes admittedly sometimes at the sacrafice of moral compass for strategy. In that way I don't like it but it is what it is and we can't change it.

Yeah, WAR is cool!

S'cuse me while I go over here and kill a few innocents.

Quick Theater arrival? Spoken like a true General. Further Western Interests? Like a true Aggressor.. Can't change it? Spoken like a true slave/soldier/meat puppet.

Oh, your enemies? You create them all on your own in order to justify aggression to satisfy the greed. Don't believe me? Ask your masters.

Jude11

edit on 5-4-2015 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Well Sremmos our positioning is strategic nothing more nothing less. Indeed there are countries and people who would use an American fault in strategy to take the benifit and atttack . Now whether these folks are morally wrong no they are as wrong as we are. But if its your head or theirs its definitely gonna be theirs. Its ethical our leadership is doing what any other countries in our position would do. We can wish we were in a Walgreens world all day but we are not we are in reality and this is how reality functions.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11
Yes because obviously I'm advocating the death of innocents. Get over yourself

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Well Sremmos our positioning is strategic nothing more nothing less. Indeed there are countries and people who would use an American fault in strategy to take the benifit and atttack . Now whether these folks are morally wrong no they are as wrong as we are. But if its your head or theirs its definitely gonna be theirs. Its ethical our leadership is doing what any other countries in our position would do. We can wish we were in a Walgreens world all day but we are not we are in reality and this is how reality functions.

Pathetic War mongers use this reasoning every day and their people see right thru it.

The US is only perfecting it to the point of their brainwashed populace actually believing the rhetoric. If you doubt it, look back a few posts.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Anytime you have to sacrifice your moral compass,that right there tells you, you are in the wrong.Here is the thing you have to ask yourself, am I a Imperialist,or am I a patriot? You can't be both.Our founders tried to get us away from an empire did they not? And yet here we are. If you are an Imperialist,you are against the Bill of Rights and the constitution. If you are a patriot you are against us furthering our 'influence' around the world.So which is it? I am not trying to pick on you,this would go for anyone that feels we need to wrap up the world with our tentacles.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Phatdamage

The graphic also shows U.S. Military presence in The Irish Republic.

Again complete cobblers. I don't think those graphics are worth the paper they are drawn on.

Treat with caution and a pinch of salt.

Wow! You must have top secret knowledge that absolutely no one here has access to.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

a reply to: jude11
Yes because obviously I'm advocating the death of innocents. Get over yourself

By your stance, you are marginalizing the deaths of innocents.

Not the same.

I would say get over yourself as well but I can see that it's not possible.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

I didn't mean it as that as what you were saying.
Just if we really tried to say we shut down some of those bases that is the response our dear elected leaders would push. I don't like the absolute idea that we could in no way change the way we act with our military.

We don't need to be the front line for the western world, we need to stop making team america a literal thing.

I believe people are good yes, not everyone of course. Always exceptions to the rule.

The US Military never apologizes...Nor should you.

Jude11

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join