It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadians. WE'RE #1...... for MS.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ATF1886

MS is more prevalent, oddly enough, north of the Mason-Dixon line. I live in NE Ohio and this area is a hotspot for MS.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
Multiple sclerosis:

Multiple sclerosis (MS), also known as disseminated sclerosis or encephalomyelitis disseminata, is an inflammatory disease in which the insulating covers of nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord are damaged. This damage disrupts the ability of parts of the nervous system to communicate, resulting in a wide range of signs and symptoms,[1][2] including physical, mental,[2] and sometimes psychiatric problems.[3] MS takes several forms, with new symptoms either occurring in isolated attacks (relapsing forms) or building up over time (progressive forms).[4] Between attacks, symptoms may disappear completely; however, permanent neurological problems often occur, especially as the disease advances.

en.wikipedia.org...

And yes, we're number 1.... by a long shot:

I thought they had that one worked out, as a lack of vitamin D, which figures as far as living in the more northern latitudes go. Then add in the modern diet, re. to much Dairy and anything good that you take in is crapped out again due to the casein binding it up.

It's a disease that strikes down adults at their prime -- and it's found Ground Zero in Canada.

Multiple sclerosis afflicts Canadians at a rate that far outpaces anyplace else in the world, a new survey has found.

"It's really shocking … It is almost like a Canadian disease," said Karen Lee, of the Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada.

Nearly 100,000 Canadians have the disease, a rate that's 28% higher than the country with the second-highest mark, Denmark, and nine times higher than the global average, according to the survey by the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation.

www.torontosun.com...

MS is more apt to manifest in countries further from the equator but there's many of those countries. Why is this so prevalent in Canada then? Research hasn't explained this yet. Thoughts?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Id hazard a guess at possible food production.

Take bse, mad cow disease and cjd in humans.

Who knows what effect all the junk we have in our food chain has on our bodies.

edit on 6-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Pretty much where there is a lack of Vit D as you go further north there is a lack of inter action with sunlight.. reply to: IamAbeliever

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: IamAbeliever
a reply to: ATF1886

MS is more prevalent, oddly enough, north of the Mason-Dixon line. I live in NE Ohio and this area is a hotspot for MS.

I'd' make a bet that any areas that have a low iodine soil reading, also have a low reading in all the other 48 essential elements in the soil. They know that the lack of trace amounts of iodine cause Goitre, and are just getting to grips with the lack of the other 47, with regards to disease. Lack of iron causes anaemia etc , but you could put a ring around the fact that if they are lacking in the soil the vegies wont be picking them up. As they have to be ingested in an organic form, I would think that the millennia that northern latitudes of the U.S.A. had been locked up in the ice caps might have left a deplenished soil.

If supplementing, the best is Tuna or salmon, and it takes three months for it to reach a cellular level, in the human body.
edit on 7-4-2015 by anonentity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join