It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Court Rules Yoga Not a Gateway to Hinduism

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

Obviously more is possible than what you imagine. The world, the universe is a bigger place than just you.

Here is some more good footage:

www.amazon.com...

For 12 Dollars you can be a demon too !!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: papazen

That's way cool, i thought that it would cost me my immortal soul.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: iNobody
a reply to: skalla

Explain to me my personal experiences please Skulla.
You are easily fooled by your own senses. Explanation over. I don't even need to know what your personal experiences are (you didn't list any); if your experiences led you to believe mysticism is real, you have allowed your mind to be tricked by your senses.

Evidence: you think TV magicians are powered by demons.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: iNobody

The yoke* Jesus was referring to was the one that was used to bind two animals together (for example two oxen) for plowing. Saying his yoke was kindly, or easy, was stating that his way of life was not going to be a burden for the people, unlike the burdens that were heaped upon them by their hypocritical religious leaders.

Jesus, if he existed, most probably got the yoke metaphor from eastern wisdoms. Jesus used the yoke metaphor when referring to people being yoked together through marriage or commitment, warning against being unequally yoked, but he also taught of the yoke that bonds the spirit/soul to the body, just as yoga or any physical discipline sets out to do. It's mind over matter. That's what Jesus taught.

And Jesus said that the kingdom of God was "in their midst" or in the middle of them, or among them. Jesus was the king designate of God's kingdom, so in that respect as Jesus was walking among them, they had the glimpse of that kingdom among them. He never taught that God's government with Jesus was king, is in your mind.

You must have taken some Yoga classes to be able to contort like that! Twist, twist twist!

Luke 17:20
And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Part of yogi practice is meditation, not the type where you meditate or ponder over something to understand it, rather the form where you empty your mind of thought and deaden your senses, leaving yourself vulnerable to demonic attack.

Yep. As with any physical discipline, demons attack! Whether it be a diet and the demons of McDonald's french fries attacks, quitting smoking and the dark demon of temptation attacks, or steeling one's mind and body for a triathlon, it's all part of life that we must learn to navigate. When Jesus went of for his vision quest in the desert and did not eat for many days, he also met demons.

The whole aim of yoga is to yoke you to a supernatural spirit.

Yep! Your own!

edit on 7-4-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AshOnMyTomatoes

The magician thing is a silly argument.. And fearing things is probably a bad idea.... BUT. I think I should let you guys know that If you accidentally do a kundalini meditation. make energy shoot up your spine.. Golden liquid light pouring into your skull, from God... Your body starts talking by itself and has it's own thoughts, but you are this weird Golden light now. With your own thoughts.. Wondering why your body is calling you God.

Yea do that..

See THROUGH your own closed eyes, and not even realize your eyes were closed until you open them...

Then realize that 5 minutes you spent with the golden light was actually 1.5 hours, and you've had your arms outstretched like hugging a giant tree this whole time straight out in the air...

Arms on FIRE... Now that you can feel your body. I couldn't even life them from my side now.

This stuff is VERY real..

and when you see that number 33 over and over and over... It's the number of vertebrae in your spine..

I didn't know any of that would happen. I was only trying to meditate..

The idea of Jesus whether he was real or not.. I did talk to him after this.. He's the 13 you see over and over and over.. he's one more than the 12 disciples..

Holy molly... I'm listening to Joe Rogan right now.. And then bam,

"Problem with penn and teller is they think yoga is bull hsit anyone who thinks yoga is bull# isn't in tune with their body they're out of shape. You are releasing tension and creating a different state of consciousness, I ahve had real legitimate life changing experiences during yoga"

I feel like I am in a fake world.. How Am I reading this topic and then he says that... And he mentions penn and teller?

Ugh lol..

Oh and I was NEVER religious.. I don't know what to think..

Guess what is so funny and so awesome...

I am God... I get it now.. You guys didn't get Jesus.. It's so perfect it's funny.

edit on 7-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

That sounds a whole lot how my cousin described what a seizure felt like.....

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This story made me want to groan and bury my head in my hands. Why are people so freaking stupid??? Does Tai Chi lead to Buddhism? Or, come to that Shintoism or Communism? Will watching 'Bulletproof Monk' suddenly make me Tibetan? I walked into Cologne cathedral on the weekend and lit a candle to remember the dead - does that make me a Catholic? So, no, yoga is not the gateway to Hinduism! Gaaahhhh!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TKDRL

That sounds a whole lot how my cousin described what a seizure felt like.....

Interesting. I don't think I had a seizure. I would notice right? Could you say more? A remember a long time ago there was a guy on another website that described seizures as blissful. He liked them.. Weird.
edit on 7-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
This story made me want to groan and bury my head in my hands. Why are people so freaking stupid??? Does Tai Chi lead to Buddhism? Or, come to that Shintoism or Communism? Will watching 'Bulletproof Monk' suddenly make me Tibetan? I walked into Cologne cathedral on the weekend and lit a candle to remember the dead - does that make me a Catholic? So, no, yoga is not the gateway to Hinduism! Gaaahhhh!!!!!

It makes you wonder...

If a jew invented jogging, would that make jogging a jewish religion thing and therefore if you jogged would you become jewish ?

[insert slap forehead here]

Critical thinking skills seems to be sorely lacking these days.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Not a seizure expert or anything, I only know one person that has them. He did not know he was having seizures at first, all he knew was something was happening to him. He was not one of the people that always had them, he had his first one in his 20's.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I think I can see the next headline coming.

'India court rules Christian Fundamentalism not a Gateway to God'

👣

edit on 887Tuesday000000America/ChicagoApr000000TuesdayAmerica/Chicago by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

I'm glad you figured that one out. You're too smart for everyone else. Or just trying to appear to be so.

Skip to the 7:00 minute mark if you want.
edit on 7-4-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry that there are better explanations than "demons".

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

None of the explanations were accurate. And I even showed you more footage to show you you were wrong, and you still won't admit it.

You see, that is why awhile ago I told myself I would limit myself to respond at maximum two or three times to a person. Because most people are too stubborn to accept any other explanation that what they think their idea of the world must be.

I enjoy involving intelligent people in conversation from time to time to sharpen my understanding, and test my knowledge. But it gets boring when I find people who constantly ignore what they are shown and repeat the same things over and over. And I find them all over on this website.

They all know better and all try to put me in my place, without even acknowledging me, or respecting my beliefs. Mostly it comes down to deriding and name calling (very immature for intelligent people). Or even knowing who I am or my experience. It gets tiring. Again, I respect your beliefs, and never would do otherwise. You DID NOT show my any evidence otherwise, although, I know you know, you know better, even though you have no idea.

May things go well with you in your life.
edit on 7-4-2015 by iNobody because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

I could say the same response back to you pretty much word for word.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla

I could say the same response back to you pretty much word for word.

Then you understand me. I am sure I am not the only one that has come to this conclusion. In fact, I believe that it is the exception to find someone that is open-minded, and willing to learn, as must have you.

When we stoop to calling people names, such as "zealot", which I did not do, which you did, we try to group a person into a world-view that is derogatory. Not to address the points, but to through ad-hominem attacks.

I know that wasn't directed toward me. For number one, I never called you any names. Number two, I state I respect the beliefs of those who converse with me. I have never found anyone who did not agree with me on this website who has done the same. Probably because there is no reciprocal respect.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Someone is unable to crack a magician's illusion, therefore, demonic?

Thanks for proving a whole bunch of points by being a gullible fool, mine included. I bet the thumb removal trick bowls you over.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Thanks for proving a whole bunch of points by being a gullible fool, mine included. I bet the thumb removal trick bowls you over.

No, I am not basing my understanding on these few videos. You must think broader Nyiah. I have already stated that I have had my own personal experiences, and no one is willing to explain them to me.

The world is bigger than what you are, or others who refuse to acknowledge that the universe holds more than what they can see.

They are guided by the media and the news, and what they are fed everyday from school and other secular sources. They have a hive-mind as it were. They all think alike. And when someone comes along to shatter the paradigm set for them, they must deride, name-call, and put down. They cannot accept that fetters have been put over their eyes.

Those who are able to see can see there is a lot more than you know. Those who are "educated" by this system learn arrogance early, and show disdain toward a view other than what they have been spoon-fed to believe.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

No, I am not basing my understanding on these few videos. You must think broader Nyiah. I have already stated that I have had my own personal experiences, and no one is willing to explain them to me.

The world is bigger than what you are, or others who refuse to acknowledge that the universe holds more than what they can see.

They are guided by the media and the news, and what they are fed everyday from school and other secular sources. They have a hive-mind as it were. They all think alike. And when someone comes along to shatter the paradigm set for them, they must deride, name-call, and put down. They cannot accept that fetters have been put over their eyes.

Those who are able to see can see there is a lot more than you know. Those who are "educated" by this system learn arrogance early, and show disdain toward a view other than what they have been spoon-fed to believe.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join