It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

do guys really want children ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MimiSia
a reply to: enlightenedservant

ur respond made feel i cant tell u how..u are the fourth person in my life to say something back to me about it but first one to say something with empathy..
thank u is not enough

lol I can't breath now

I'm a bit conflicted. I feel both down & proud at the same time. It's kind of weird feeling almost opposite emotions at the same time.

I guess I can empathize because I've seen similar situations, and hated that no one would step in to help. I've even seen other women who would blame the female or just ignore it. I guess I should say I'm blessed that I've always been surrounded by strong women who stuck together, but I honestly thought it was always like that.

Either way, I wish you well in life & hope your situation goes as well as possible. I won't pretend that I'm perfect & I'm quite the knucklehead at times (just look at my threads lol). But I'll keep trying to do my part to speak up on these issues.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: KyoZero

from ur responses i read around ats I fully believe u are enough as is for your wife.. quit a handful to contain..

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: XsweetNspiceyX

true that.. one thing I find so difficult is when u know someone who resonates with ur soul fully but in reality they are in my eyes "still not grown up". as arrogant as this may sound I am accused by people that my relationships are almost projects for me rather then love. however i can safely say that the people who tell me things like that mostly don't understand that a grown up at the same time is not necessarily "soul" grown up.
but sadly they are correct to a certain degree. is very exhausting.
I can't even label myself adult there are so many scenarios in life that have not happened to me so I can't tell if I would handle it as an "adult"
edit on 8-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

a reply to: KyoZero

from ur responses i read around ats I fully believe u are enough as is for your wife.. quit a handful to contain..

You could not be more correct there

My darling partner should have a purple heart...too bad she is a civilian

But the point is, much as I am against having kids, I am not one of those who runs around telling others that they need to keep kids away and blah blah

just a purely personal decision

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   

a reply to: XsweetNspiceyX

true that.. one thing I find so difficult is when u know someone who resonates with ur soul fully but in reality they are in my eyes "still not grown up". as arrogant as this may sound I am accused by people that my relationships are almost projects for me rather then love. however i can safely say that the people who tell me things like that mostly don't understand that a grown up at the same time is not necessarily "soul" grown up.
but sadly they are correct to a certain degree. is very exhausting.
I can't even label myself adult there are so many scenarios in life that have not happened to me so I can't tell if I would handle it as an "adult"

That's so true! I've realized our minds, souls, and bodies mature at different paces. So even if someone is physically an adult, they may still be a child mentally. Or may look young, but have been through so much that they're spiritually & mentally more mature than I am.

I also don't think we should try to kill off our inner child in the first place. So even "old people" can have childish tendencies, which isn't bad at all. My mom trolls us all the time lol If you knew her from work, you'd think she was only a strict professional. But around family, neighbors, and the friends, she's quite the prankster

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn

a reply to: ChesterJohn

see this is a problem for a woman I believe biologically.. and it is scary and mismatched. so with the ghosts of girlfriends past what was the reaction on the kid topic.

I guess you are asking a question.

We agreed that children should not have children. But reality is having children forces us to grow up or at least it should

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

with yourself when you replied here first I labeled you as an adult. when u responded to me here later on I pictured you with young energetic emphatic personality who's "inner child" fully lives with you side by side so in my mind u suddently sounded like someone who is still curious and passionate and cheeky. then I know I read some of ur believes elsewhere there u strike me as extremely soul grown up(u know the u that is "1000years " old and knows the best). because i first read the things u believe in before i read what u wrote here I was very much in shock. I never seen or known anyone who has equal 1/3 of all 3 quirky quote of mind body and soul. like I said this forum is so different to what I am used to in reality so all people here give me hope it is possible to find it in my reality too.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I know my son (now 27) wants kids. It started years ago, at the time he didn't even have a girlfriend. It seems having children was all wrapped up in the image of having a family unit of his own- a sort of emotionally secure anchor and reason for living.

My husband sort of discovered fatherhood by surprise when he met me (I already had a two year old), the second, he claims he wanted but there was no voiced desire on his part at the time. Then, it was he who started proposing we have a third. He had found he loved having small children, and it made him want to experience it again.
So I am not sure it was a desire he felt before he actually experienced it.

When they started to grow up and leave for college, he brought up the idea of having a fourth child- I vetoed that, considering my age. I got him a dog. He treats the dog like his baby now, and speaks to it refering to himself as "papa".
(I just remembered he did that with the cat last night too).

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

omg that is so super cute
I can fully picture you guys

your son who wanted to have a child how would you describe his personality in comparison to others if there is any differences to his "peers" at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 04:56 AM
link   

omg that is so super cute
I can fully picture you guys

your son who wanted to have a child how would you describe his personality in comparison to others if there is any differences to his "peers" at all.

I don't know if there is a lot of differences with his peers- (and he does have a three year old now- met a girl on the web who wanted kids too and they did it. Rather complicated considering they hate each other now).
But it should be mentioned that he grew up in France, which has different values systems than the US. Childhood in general is a cherished state of being (they just assume everyone loved it and wants to return to it), but having children is valued as one of the biggest reasons for living. People don't hesitate to ask young couples- "so when are you going to have babies???"

The fairytales written by french (like "Cinderella" ) don't end with "and they married and lived happily ever after", they end with "and they lived happily, having many children". So a cultural influence might come into play- in the US, we are conditioned to believe freedom from parenthood or marriage as the ultimate male drive, so.... that might make a difference.
edit on 9-4-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   

yes in my country of origin (cz and sr) from the sound of it is similar to France. the downside of that at home is if a female is not married with children by the age of 25 even worse 30 she is kind of labeled as an "outcast" and often criticized by others(mainly females).. so that is no good either.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 02:49 PM
link   

with yourself when you replied here first I labeled you as an adult. when u responded to me here later on I pictured you with young energetic emphatic personality who's "inner child" fully lives with you side by side so in my mind u suddently sounded like someone who is still curious and passionate and cheeky. then I know I read some of ur believes elsewhere there u strike me as extremely soul grown up(u know the u that is "1000years " old and knows the best). because i first read the things u believe in before i read what u wrote here I was very much in shock. I never seen or known anyone who has equal 1/3 of all 3 quirky quote of mind body and soul. like I said this forum is so different to what I am used to in reality so all people here give me hope it is possible to find it in my reality too.

Thanks. Some people would just label me "crazy", but that's ok as well lol

I'm actually a goofball in many situations, and like picking on my friends & family. But it's in serious situations where I think adults should man up (or woman up) & take care of business. So if everyone's having fun, I'm a dork. But if people start hurting someone or bullying them, it's time to get serious. A lot of times, my posts don't reflect my facial expressions or feelings at the moment, so I think I usually come off as a jerk. But in reality, I'm just reeeeeally upfront. If something doesn't make sense to me, I'll point it out. If something makes sense to me, I'll point it out. I guess the phrase is "I wear my feelings on my shoulder" (or something like that, too lazy to look it up)

posted on Apr, 10 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   

from your first response it sounded like you have kids I re read it but it doesn't say it or at least not clearly.. I was apparently bipolar last week

I thought it was sleeve (the saying). what u said with the sense/nonsense I do it too but only with people who matter to me otherwise I am a "people pleaser" and a "white lier" in that respect, people may say that is so wrong I should say what I think but frankly I just don't care. I hate to create unnecessary relationships and connections/emotions like that with others who I don't really want to know.
and I also dont like when people tell me they wish me good luck in future because it sounds like the end. that is what confuses a lot of people specialy "interests" they don't get that I don't want a relationship yet I want to remain having connection till the end of dawn. I get it but it hurts my feelings often I am accused of being deceiving or selfish. truth is I have so much to give but not in terms of physical relationship or friendship. i am bipolar from the looks of it I never wrote my own thoughts out loud now I am just confused about myself. oh well.. good luck to u too btw

edit on 10-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

There are 2 types of men: those raised by men, & those raised by women.
Whether it is a 2 parent household or not is irrelevant.

I think the psychological states of all men should now be more than clear. It's a terribly self perpetuating system.

I want kids for the record. I know for a fact mine will be way better than everyone else's.
edit on 26-4-2015 by FaceMyBook because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Unfortunately, I find that women like dogs far more than men do. If I went into why this is so, I'd probably really offend some people.

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

i don't believe for a second u could handle a kid..just an opinion

posted on Apr, 27 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FaceMyBook

u don't need permission to say what u think..

posted on May, 18 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I have long been of the understanding of the importance of enlightened individuals raising childeren.

In not having my ducks in a row, or having any ducks for that matter, concieving a child in my present would be most unwise. I've been abstinent for a while now(far too long) because I'm still searching for true love and don't want to bring a new life into the world under such unfavorable circumstances as a mother and father who don't really love eachother.

Having worked on various organic farms and urban gardans, I have had the pleasure of getting whole field trip busses of kids dumped on me unexpectedly. I have to say I really enjoyed talking to them becuase they were actually able to be interested in things like soil life and mycelium, things they've never encountered anywhere otherwise.

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MimiSia

I lead a not so straight lifestyle and really would like to focus on things that don't involving putting more humans on the already overpopulated planet. If another man wants to have a child, so be it. We are running out of places to put humans. Although, I remember NASA posting on Twitter yesterday. Commercial spaceship travel is to commence in 2017. New frontier on the way?

posted on May, 21 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I totally understand what you mean about facial expressions and what you are saying doesn't match. Something I need to work on as well. I'm not meaning to come off as a jerk! Well, unless you anger me. Then I may become a bit unhappy.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join