It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Berenstein Bears, now... Jupiter Rising?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: Night Star

I suggest you watch the 45 minute video I posted earlier on memory. I think you'll find it surprising and enlightening. The human memory is pretty terrible.

Your memory may be terrible. Mine's not. Spot on with recognizing evidence of alternate realities lately rather than adhering to this 'we are flawed' concept and 'there's a pill or video that will only cost you a dollar to fix that'.

Last I checked, we were different people and this 'one size' fits all production line analogy of the human body for medicine, let alone comprehension of the human mind - is fundamentally breaking down because of how much variety there is 'within our species'.

In any case. if you look for evidence that you have a disease, an ailment, or a fundamental flaw with your own mind - chances are you'll find evidence to support it. Just like those of us who see alternate realities all around us :-)

I'm certainly not suggesting this is a conspiracy. To me it's quite possible this is all a product of a process called evolution running in our collective minds.
edit on 201546.0 by universalbri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: flyandi
Even Google mapped it from Ascending to Rising .. type "Jupiter Rising" into Google and you will get only Jupiter Ascending...

It's a conspiracy!

I dont recall anyone saying it was a conspiracy. In fact, quite the opposite, most on this thread seem to think it's an interesting feature hinting at how this thing called reality may function under the covers.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Yes, OP….I also saw a trailer for it several months ago in which it was called "Jupiter Rising." But then, the song isn't House of the Ascending Sun, is it?
Just for laughs, really.

Anyway. It's probably not that unusual that the name might be altered somewhat from trailer to release, you think? Not that unusual when it's already happened, after all, and we're just doing it over. Oops, maybe went a little too far there?
LOL
tetra

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

I suggest you watch the 45 minute video I posted earlier on memory. I think you'll find it surprising and enlightening. The human memory is pretty terrible.

Your memory may be terrible. Mine's not. Spot on with recognizing evidence of alternate realities lately rather than adhering to this 'we are flawed' concept

I also have a very good memory. And I've had extremely vivid and detailed memories that turned out to be wrong. No one's memory is always "spot on."

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Alright guys...
So there's this new movie out that was just made this year. I saw previews for it and whatnot and thought it looked cool, so I wrote a note to myself to watch it. Jupiter Rising. And then I see someone in a recent thread reference this same movie, Jupiter Rising.
The problem is... There's no movie called Jupiter Rising. It's now called "Jupiter Ascending".
Am I losing my mind here? Does anyone else specifically remember it being called "Jupiter Rising" rather than "Jupiter Ascending"?

I don't even know what to think. I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the fact that I specifically made a note to myself to watch it, and then saw someone else reference it by the same name.

I know exactly what you are talking about OP.

I don't specifically remember Jupiter Rising, but I have
noticed some things that definitely have changed as of
late, and this has happened to me before, but lately
it seems some major changes occurred to reality
(as we call it)

I think, whenever someone notices a subtle change in reality,
it means they died, and was re-located to a alternate
reality very similar but according to the muti-verse theory,
no two realities can be exactly alike.

When I notice this on a mass scale, I think that some kind
of disaster occurred in which a lot of people died, and
those that died in the disaster, all switched to the
same alternate reality.

As of late, I've noticed so many things different, that others
are noticing also, that I suspect we recently had an Extinction
Level Event, and the entire planet switched another
alternate reality, and I also suspect that it was CERN, that
caused the disaster.

I find it interesting that this is the second time CERN has
attempted to make a black hole and have a little peek at
an alternate universe, and each time, the accelerator
broke down.

Now, recently they attempted to create a black hole again,
and, again, the accelerator broke.

I think they should consider that maybe they were successful.

Rebel 5

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Your memory may be terrible. Mine's not. Spot on with recognizing evidence of alternate realities lately rather than adhering to this 'we are flawed' concept and 'there's a pill or video that will only cost you a dollar to fix that'.

Last I checked, we were different people and this 'one size' fits all production line analogy of the human body for medicine, let alone comprehension of the human mind - is fundamentally breaking down because of how much variety there is 'within our species'.

In any case. if you look for evidence that you have a disease, an ailment, or a fundamental flaw with your own mind - chances are you'll find evidence to support it. Just like those of us who see alternate realities all around us :-)

I'm certainly not suggesting this is a conspiracy. To me it's quite possible this is all a product of a process called evolution running in our collective minds.

I have a pretty good memory also, speaking of which, some earlier post you had about multiple realities merging had me thinking for quite a while.

Lately I keep "remembering" for lack of a better term of dying. Specifically falling off a roof or something, only to think after hitting hitting that it didn't hurt because suddenly it never really happened because I'm right back here again into the "same" for lack of a better term realty. In fact, I feel like it's happened often.....only it didn't happen, even though there's a faint memory. Make sense?
edit on 6-4-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Alright guys...
So there's this new movie out that was just made this year. I saw previews for it and whatnot and thought it looked cool, so I wrote a note to myself to watch it. Jupiter Rising. And then I see someone in a recent thread reference this same movie, Jupiter Rising.
The problem is... There's no movie called Jupiter Rising. It's now called "Jupiter Ascending".
Am I losing my mind here? Does anyone else specifically remember it being called "Jupiter Rising" rather than "Jupiter Ascending"?

I don't even know what to think. I wouldn't think anything of it if it weren't for the fact that I specifically made a note to myself to watch it, and then saw someone else reference it by the same name.

(as we call it)

Maybe the Mayan 2012 prophecy actually came true. Some are ascending into the same (alternate) higher leveled reality while others are descending. Hence the split in people's recolections and as time (perceived time) continues a greater divergence occurrs until we are seperate.
edit on 6-4-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: rebelv

Alright guys...

(as we call it)

When I notice this on a mass scale, I think that some kind
of disaster occurred in which a lot of people died, and
those that died in the disaster, all switched to the
same alternate reality.

As of late, I've noticed so many things different, that others
are noticing also, that I suspect we recently had an Extinction
Level Event, and the entire planet switched another
alternate reality, and I also suspect that it was CERN, that
caused the disaster.

I find it interesting that this is the second time CERN has
attempted to make a black hole and have a little peek at
an alternate universe, and each time, the accelerator
broke down.

Now, recently they attempted to create a black hole again,
and, again, the accelerator broke.

I think they should consider that maybe they were successful.

Rebel 5

I have the same feeling.

Now, I know that this is a theory Alder's razor would instantly bash, but I've always had the feeling I should be already dead. I've been to more than a few circumstances in which I'm sure I should not have survived, but I have somehow, and I've always kind of had this idea that every time I died I simply reappeared in a reality in which I survived these events somehow.

This is probably stupid, but I feel it nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Your memory may be terrible. Mine's not. Spot on with recognizing evidence of alternate realities lately rather than adhering to this 'we are flawed' concept

I also have a very good memory. And I've had extremely vivid and detailed memories that turned out to be wrong. No one's memory is always "spot on."

No one that you've met so far. Just because you have yet to observe it does not make it not possible.

Something the disillusioned scientists still referring to Relativity and the Multiverse as theories need to understand!

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

Yeah. Makes total sense. One of the first things I started 'getting' was the distinct feeling I had died as i started 'emerging' from the shell I was in of a linear perspective of reality to a mutliverse perspective.

Then I actually had flashbacks. Memories of dying. Repeatedly. In very very creepy ways. My head squished like a melon from a cop's knee. Being blown up in a car, dying in a plane crash.

I think physically I was dying a thousand deaths during this 'emergent' time period as mind was 'furiously' saying to external forces - sorry - we aint headed that direction, as my mind would rewind time itself, and overlay the experience I had had with an experience that had me live through it.

Goes back to that saying from before "I veto your reality where I die and overlay it with my own where i live so I can become who I want to. If you want me dead. Well you're entitled to keep on believin what you want to believe and that experience DID happen. Doesn't mean it's my experience."

What's weird is - with Paul Walker - his crash was oddly very similar to what I had seen with Eddie Murphy.

I often wonder - are others 'profiting' off my very real life drama I experience in my reality - Hollywood Style - in an alternate reality? is this why 'this reality' is trying so hard to reject this notion? Out of fear? Is that why i went through so much crap and drama - and the only way to 'get out' of their story and have a life of free will and choice was to 'separate' my mind from 'that' reality where I was tortured for someone else's profit yet not receiving a damn thing myself other than a kick to the curb once I rejected the manipulation?

I dont know. But no. You're not alone in feeling you've died. I think Deja vu experiences like this have absolutely plausible scientific basis based on theories of the multiverse which I accept as fact.

That and accepting time is not a linear thing since this is true and reality can be 'spliced' together like a Hollywood movie. I prefer to do my own splicing, thankyouverymuch.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: universalbri

So, how's that work for you?

"I have a perfect memory so I must be in an alternate universe where I didn't put my keys where they belong."

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

So, how's that work for you?

"I have a perfect memory so I must be in an alternate universe where I didn't put my keys where they belong."

Funny. I don't recall saying I was the one with the perfect memory ;-)

*ring ring* Lindsay Lohan called. She wants her presumptive and self righteous attitude back.

All joking aside, I've been spending a great deal of time in the last three years documenting 'track jumps', changes in linear reality that plain and simply don't match my own personal experiences and observations.

What initiated this was geographic changes - after traveling extensively, 40 countries in total - I learned to quit questioning my memory about where places were, and instead keep a list of the changes I had noticed.

As I have learned, it happens all over the place. And being real, that's the problem with the internet. Anyone with a computer can change information. Any group or agency can alter lots of information. This creates inbuilt competition on the internet. And then you have natural 'processes' such as evolution which I suspect are a key factor in influencing the information as well.

Coming from years spent as a programmer, I have the distinct impression that a great deal of information is stored in a figurative and not literal sense, so what we put in is not necessarily what we get out based on figurative to literal translational errors in interpretation. If that explanation doesn't make sense, you'd have to understand computer science, quantum and mechanical physics, at an applied and core level to fully know what I'm referring to.

But even then. I suspect this conversation is 'interpreted' to you - even if you do speak English - and that your knowledge base and pool of perspective based information may not align with mine, which suggests that some words and phrases - and heck - even cultural cues - may simply not have translations to you and your perceptual reality.

This is usually easy to spot when this occurs - as the reactions generally tend to take offense when there's any implication there's something they may not be aware of - and it's generally speaking an animosity or sarcasm ridden response.

is this a byproduct of a 'universal translator' which needs updated? Or of personal interpretation that suggests you need educated that science has advanced and what were theories are now commonly accepted facts?

This I do not know. But I suspect your response will provide a poker like 'tell' of your hand.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz
I recall "ascending" rather than "rising", but a few people have given useful information as to why you're not losing your mind and probably did see "rising".

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher
Also. I don't care what they say it has always been, and I don't care what my books currently say. It used to be "stein" not "stain".

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Maybe your remembering Mercury rising from the 90's. a reply to: trollz

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Your memory may be terrible. Mine's not.

That's what everyone thinks. You didn't watch the video, did you?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I am pretty certain it was called Jupiter Rising as well because i occasionally go on fandango and look at the future movies like for 2016 and 2017 that would be now but a year or so ago before it came out I did the same thing and I saw the summary and thought pretty cool since I am a big scifi geek. Normally when I find a movie I will write it down on the notes app on my iPhone along with the director and a summary and this was no exception. I never erase these once I have seen the movie I just keep it and put an "X" next to the name, and after going back and reading through my notes it is written as "Jupiter Rising" and it was originally set to release in the summer of 2014 but that got pushed back

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Nope. No offense, but my time's a valued commodity anymore, 45 minutes is too darn long....

Make it entertainment and Hollywood production - and i might watch it. But a documentary telling me what to think is like imagining watching paint dry. Pointless. And since I know it's gonna (be) dry anyways, what's the point in watching?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

I understand, why learn something. It's much easier to just close your eyes and say, "My memory is great, we're just in another reality!"

By the way, it's not a documentary and it's not telling you what to think. It does have Hollywood production and it's more or less some experiments on memory.

Here's an example. They show a group of people a penny for a few seconds. Something most people see nearly every day. They take the penny away, flip over a board with a bunch of different penny heads on it and tell the people to pick the correct one. Nobody did.

If you're unable to watch something and draw your own conclusions that's your issue. I decide what to think on my own.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I re-engineered my body and mind and did what you could effectively equate to being a 'brain transplant' because the OS installed in the previous one sucked monkey balls and was built based on entropy which I don't (currently) believe in.

The human - whether it's the body or the mind. Is adaptable. Much like a liver or kidney cell, we may have inbuilt 'functions' - but like a stem cell - we can take on any appearance and function - and adjust our own programming as we see fit.

Now I was preprogrammed to be a consumer - to depend on this system around me, to 'fit in', and to accept stimulus from external 'programmers' such as yourself to dynamically modify my role and perceptions of reality.

About 3 years ago. I said screw that. I found a way to 'delete' that programming which had left me with absolutely no free will and capability to make choices to design my own reality, and I've taken control of the dynamicism of my own program and refuse stimulus that doesn't seem like it would be fun and entertaining for me in my life.

Effectively taking control of my story and becoming my own creator and taking liberties to mold and shape what and how I perceive the world as I see fit, considering discussions from people like you, but when they become argumentative or unsupportive of enabling me and who I want to be - I'll be nice - I will tell you why I am doing what I am doing, I will even give you a hint at what's to come if you leverage my perceptions as your own - but now it's up to you to understand you too can do this - or you can keep on debating perspective of reality which I'm summarily vetoing yours and overlaying it and your reality with my own.

In any case. Hopefully this explains why I'm not going to listen nor really have any desire to pursue material where someone prefers to make me question my memory.

As I see it. This simply does not align with where I think I am and where I am going, so again, I veto your reality and overlay it with my own.

make sense?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join