It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Berenstein Bears, now... Jupiter Rising?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Maybe the Mandela effect can explain the whole 'w is a vowel' thing I remember from some other place and time...

And for the record, I remember : Jupiter Rising and Berenstein, (Oh, and Arthur C. Clarke dying three times.)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
a reply to: universalbri

Cool. Like I said, if you want to keep your eyes closed and say it's not your memory we're in a different universe that's fine. I've seen many people on ATS, and in life, like that, it's no surprise. You see it all the time with religious types, not wanting to hurt their core beliefs so just refusing to look at or believe things that go against that. I'm fine with that. Have a great day!

Yeah. I had to learn the hard way that religion is nothing more than choosing to have an opinion about our own scientific fact , which changes like the wind nowadays.

In any case, there came a point in my life about 3 years ago where I realized I had to let the foundation of science fact as I had come to understand 'settle' and take root. I mean, Einstein proved imagination creates reality, so it only made sense to start entertaining myself with what I had learned rather than 'AFI' (Await Further Instructions).

Science is all a story anyways, so what's the sense in letting others tell me that story when I have my own to tell?

incidentally, I was level 42 at that time - which just so happens to be the answer to life the universe and everything!

Feel free to roll your eyes and label what I am doing as close minded. I used to do the same thing to people who refused to listen to my truth too. Now, I don't care. You either listen, or you dont. My reality is not yours nor do I want to force you in mine!.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

originally posted by: Pimpish

Cool. Like I said, if you want to keep your eyes closed and say it's not your memory we're in a different universe that's fine. I've seen many people on ATS, and in life, like that, it's no surprise. You see it all the time with religious types, not wanting to hurt their core beliefs so just refusing to look at or believe things that go against that. I'm fine with that. Have a great day!

How do you know it's him doing that, and not you??
You have a core belief it's all one world.. That's religious.

Did you even see where me and him have different internet? What the hell is that about?

But also you have a nice day. There isn't any reason we have to worry abotu having different opinions. You seem like a good guy. so. HAve a good one.

About the internets thing. I'll explain a little:

Some of my favorite quotes:

President GW Bush referring to the internetS:
www.youtube.com...

President Barack Obama saying he's been to 57 states:
www.youtube.com...

Al Gore invented the internet:
www.youtube.com...

Apple and Google Map satellite views not matching the terrain issues:
www.forbes.com...

The interesting thing about the multiverse theory is this:

It's one of the few scientific theories which decidedly does not require consensus to be accepted as fact because it's based on perceptual relativity related evidence

Now does it make me feel better to call all of the public figures morons and fools and I am the smartest man on earth?

That's an intellectual cop out.

For me I would rather believe the elected leadership deserves their position, and they may know things even I am not aware of, which makes life that much more fascinating.

Somewhere, there's a 'universe' where Al Gore invented the internet, where GW's internets are real (so why not choose that one, more information from alternate realities seems more interesting than only retrieving it from one)...

This is not to say I trust the leaders fully. I used to work for them, I know better than to trust them :-)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I have distinct memories of the Berenstein Bears being spelled with an "e". I learned to read very young and read every day. I loved the Berenstein Bears books, and I remember asking when I was a little older if it was pronounced "een" or "ine" because I learned that some names and words such as stein was pronounced with the long I.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DelMarvel

Universal ATS translator: You're saying if I don't agree with you I'm one of the sheeple.

No "animosity or sarcasm" intended on my part. That's just how it reads to me.

You translated incorrectly from my view.. He was not claiming a superior stance. He was actually saying you are not quite in the same world, and words/concepts/things understood by your brain control where you land, so you may not even be speaking ever so slightly the same language..

He wasn't meaning that you were a sheep. Only a different human.

And he slightly meant like in the matrix.. Anger often comes, from you being in the matrix, and someone around you you sense is trying to wake up. I've had it happen all my life.. It's why I organized my life to lack humans controlling anything about my life. And now I don't get the anger response..

It's in the matrix movie.. It's one of the most important parts of the movie.. Right near the beginning.. In the woman with the red dress program.

Thank you. I couldn't have said it better myself. I mean. Seriously.

You put into words what I was thinking spot on.
edit on 201547.0 by universalbri because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1

Remember the Dead Celebrities post?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

You translated incorrectly from my view.. He was not claiming a superior stance. He was actually saying you are not quite in the same world, and words/concepts/things understood by your brain control where you land, so you may not even be speaking ever so slightly the same language..

He wasn't meaning that you were a sheep. Only a different human.

Really? Let's see. Here's the takeaway just because I'm suggesting people's memories of how "Berenstain" was spelled might simply be incorrect:

originally posted by: universalbri
If that explanation doesn't make sense, you'd have to understand computer science, quantum and mechanical physics, at an applied and core level to fully know what I'm referring to.

But even then. I suspect this conversation is 'interpreted' to you - even if you do speak English - and that your knowledge base and pool of perspective based information may not align with mine, which suggests that some words and phrases - and heck - even cultural cues - may simply not have translations to you and your perceptual reality.

This is usually easy to spot when this occurs - as the reactions generally tend to take offense when there's any implication there's something they may not be aware of - and it's generally speaking an animosity or sarcasm ridden response.

Or of personal interpretation that suggests you need educated that science has advanced and what were theories are now commonly accepted facts?

This I do not know. But I suspect your response will provide a poker like 'tell' of your hand.

It's more polite than how this argument is usually presented but it's still the same accusation. He's suggesting he's more aware of "reality" than I am.

... "as the reactions generally tend to take offense when there's any implication there's something they may not be aware of"

And you're saying the same thing:

Anger often comes, from you being in the matrix, and someone around you you sense is trying to wake up.

Why is this such a bad thing? For some people to know more than you?

I readily admit others know more than me in some areas? Are you trying to be God or something? Are you trying to know everything about everything?

My reality and yours can be starkly different. I may know mine extremely well. And you may not. But the converse of that can certainly be true too. Do I take offense to you knowing your reality better than I would?

That's ludicrous.

THink about what Bush did as a 'share' - when he said internetS - the vast majority of people reacted by insulting him claiming he knows nothing about nothing. Why not give the guy a benefit of a doubt that he knows something you dont? Same with me?

This isn't superiority. It's simple life experiences providing different stimulus. We aren't all the same.

last i checked.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: DelMarvel

Why would they scrub it anyway?

A deliberate attempt to mess with weaker minds?

And I can't believe people are still arguing Berenstain.

If someone thinks it was ever Berenstein, they're wrong, it's not some glitch in the matrix, or time slip, they're plainly and simply wrong.

Why would 'they' scrub it?

Maybe there's healthier definitions?

Maybe we're seeing how some of the natural processes of evolution and reality works?
Maybe we're seeing proof of Alternate realities and the "Mirror Universe' as detailed in Star Trek?
Maybe we're seeing science 'unfold' to present board scientists, engineers, and humans in general - something new to do and explore?

I mean. What's with jumping off the high dive into an unfilled pool immediately assuming this is a conspiracy to cause people harm? No, it's not that way in a general sense anyways, I can assure you of this from the inside.

And to me. It was Berenstein. To you. It could have always been Berenstain. To me NOW it's Berenstain. I just witnessed a name change much like someone would go down to the DMV office to change their name from Edward Regan to Eddie Murphy.

Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?

YES they would do it. WHY woudl they do it?

Who the heck knows, is it really important why people and things do what they do all the time?

You sound like you have OCD.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

George Bush has said a lot of truths.. To me he's actually a Smart man, but that's a whole other issue.. He wasn't a great liar. I would look dumb trying to make up lies that cover the truth without being researchable as lies as well.. My soul or whatever it is gives me away.

I saw a recent interview where he talks about the consp the event on 9/11.. And when he says the terrorists that did it, you can tell he's saying that word in a certain context..

His wife give him a Death stare... Have to go to work, so can't link now.

He seemed to say Internets on purpose I agree. Language is a funny thing to look into. Words can mean so many things, as language is relativity..

I don't look at our leaders as evil.. Some maybe, but it's like Maybe I don't even get where they are going with this? Haha...

I know when Jesus talked to me one time he said 4 sentences that were so perfectly worded, they shot through my ego before I could even begin to guard from the truth.. Mostly about how I judge other people and who do I think I am so perfect and sarcastic.. The thing is those words meant about 1,000 sentences.. And they weren't just words.. Because they hit me.. I am different now.

This was in a dream within a dream btw.. I woke up in my first dream that I had gone to bed in then, ran aroudn telling everyone jesus is real I think what how??? And then I wake up again... And I was like whoa!

That was a hyper space connection if I ever saw one. In fact I think "areas" like those are the easiest to change the line you are on.. Just something I feel like I know for no apparent reason.

I actually like the guy now.. Odd how life works, as I went through a dark dark period under his presidency.

Listen to everything he says... It's Filled with double meanings haha.. He's on the inside.

The 9/11 and Boston Bombing stuff isn't even close to the most interesting things hes saying.. Coolest interview ever.
edit on 7-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
All these things make me wonder how many cases of schizophrenia are misdiagnosed. Are more people prone to notice changes? I've noticed many things to the point I've questioned my sanity before.

Exactly! Thank you!

Now take this a step further.

Is multiple personality disorder also misdiagnosed? Do we all have imaginary friends? If we investigated this, would we find that everyone has multiple personalities, some 'in the media' we watch, some around us. Is reality is 'wired' to help us retain sanity despite our MPD nature, to entertain us, to encourage us to create our own imaginary friends and lovers, and to help us become what we want to - creators ourselves?

That's my belief. Seems far less far fetched than reality is arbitrarily limited to the scientific constrains of what I am told it is and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You SEE guys.. I don't think the NSA is only collecting data.... Changing it too..

Oh Knight. You just had to go there.

Look. AS I am sure you know I worked with the NSA from 2003 to 2011. I was in Snowden's class.

Do you know, when I went through with Snowden, he was a trained lawyer and had a wife he training with and not a programmer at all?

I sold IP and was shafted for contractual money owed - and quit in 2011 after 8 years of service. I had signed up for 6 to 8. They extended it. So i quit for two reasons: 1) they owed me a great deal of money for IP I sold to them via my interest in a company (Touchscape) I sold to them for a prorated contract total of a million a year for every year of service plus substandard contract wages.

Great gig, right? I'd be a surefire millionaire by the time I got out. And I'd have some pretty cool stories to tell.

They found excuse after excuse not to pay me, and at the same time I was being asked to 'hack into' accounts of people I liked to backdate emails and make them look like #.

Now in hindsight. I understand what happened, why i was being asked to do what I was asked to do - and why.

I have had to forgive myself as much as I have had to take the time to understand information and it's often crazy nature. It really is a small wonder at times this thing called reality holds together. But it does.

Could the NSA be collecting data and changing it?

Absolutely.

But to paraphrase one of my favorite men (or women - depending on your reality, right):
"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."

I am of the impression that time is both linear and not at the same time. And my 'experience' may have been 'programmed' just for me to forgive myself of my own transgressions with ex wives and lovers in the past.

Paranoia, for me, isn't healthy. I dont enjoy it. Being thoughtful and caring I do. but I like it being reciprocated.

Which throughout my life it has not been.

I deserve more. And my taking that role at the NSA should have been a step in that direction, it was the first time in my life I had banked on something outside of me, trusted something outside of me - and

... well. I'm homeless. All my personal assets were seized - including three million in US dollars I had earned on my own both prior to the contract at the NSA and during.

But as of today. i lost welfare for food.

I can't tell you it is or is not the NSA. I can absolutely say they are total assholes who don't seem to give a # about the population they serve - and they serve only their own agenda.

So. I'm giving up. They win. I'll participate as I can here, I've written a lot about my experiences and what I know as fact with the alternate realities and universes having worked with technology and people from other universes.

And. With the way this wonderful society - and people on the internet are programmed.

Science has been replaced with superstition, witch hunts, and altogether supplanted by marketing.

Technically I created the Artificial Intelligence for the NSA that's potentially being misused.

A legacy I am starting to not be too proud of.

It's probably a good thing I lost funding for food, right?

Scotty, beam me up, I'm done with this planet.

In any case. Don't blame the NSA. Blame those who are abusing and misusing her.

She really is a wonderful organization had she had a sense of responsibility for her own actions.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   
If your perception of events leads you to the extraordinary conclusion that you are slipping between simultaneous realities you should be even MORE vigilant in questioning your perceptions and the imperfect capabilities of the mind,

This would be true not only for this but for any paranormal experimentation or mental excursions (voluntary or not) into altered states or perceived spiritual realms. You have to retain some grounding in consensual, verifiable reality or you can become horribly lost down any number of rabbit holes. I speak from personal experience.

The movie in question was at one point called "Jupiter Rising." This was recent enough and/or for long enough that the New York Times listed that as an "alternate title" in the headline of its review. That alone should give one pause if not totally put to rest the time-line shift hypothesis.

I never read the Berenstain Bear books. My children never read them. I never paid attention to how it was spelled. If someone would come forward saying "I worked at the publisher for years and one day I woke up and it was spelled Berenstain" or "I worked at purchasing at Barnes and Noble and one day I woke up and the name in the computer was changed to Berenstain" or "My name was Berenstein and one day I woke up and my name was Berenstain" then maybe I could take this seriously. However, if it's just people saying "I was a very good speller as a kid" I'm writing it off as a memory or misperception issue. Huge groups of people have been wrong about simple things many, many times. It's not uncommon at all. Why would no one close to the issue remember this supposed shift while all you folks do?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: universalbri

... well. I'm homeless. All my personal assets were seized - including three million in US dollars I had earned on my own both prior to the contract at the NSA and during.

But as of today. i lost welfare for food.

So sorry to hear that. I said a prayer for you; outside my paradigm actually but something I've been encouraged to do by my Christian wife.

I hope you can land on your feet.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:43 PM
link   
At first I only remembered the movie as "Jupiter Ascending" then I got a feeling new to me, kind of like nostalgia, where it was "Jupiter Rising" !

It was only a few hours ago that I debated with someone that things have changed in reality several times.

I thought I was alone, should have guessed that ATS had this covered because this place even has topics on stars racing around in space (unmistakenly and not resembling any ordinary UFO at all).

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
In my "timeline" it was always Ascending. Never Rising. When I read the title of this thread, I thought I was going to find that it had been changed to Rising lol I was like ohhhh man, here we go again. Sidenote though, I clearly rember Berenstein and not Berenstain. Just putting that out there. That really blew my mind, let me tell you. In this case, though, you could be experiencing what I did, but with this movie. Quite a fascinating topic to discuss nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

If your perception of events leads you to the extraordinary conclusion that you are slipping between simultaneous realities you should be even MORE vigilant in questioning your perceptions and the imperfect capabilities of the mind,

DelMarvel, that's one way to look at things.

A couple years back, when I started questioning my sanity, I landed on this question:

Would I prefer assuming the label "insane' that someone applies to me and find evidence to support this?
Or Do I prefer acknowledging that my perception is different and it's my obligation to support my own version of sanity with new labels and designations which make sense to me?

It's a no brainer, right?

Now let's think about this logically - if I were to 'walk your path' of questioning my own mind and flawed perceptions, who's assertions of whether or not I am sane am i supporting?

That's silly.

No, What i learned is to look at this thing we call reality with open eyes. a great deal of this population believes in talking snakes, apples of infinite knowledge, and a woman created from the rib of a man. Eastern cultures believe a fat man survived on one grain of rice a day. Indian cultures believe that a nuclear bomb went off 2000 years ago and turned people into salt. The list goes on.

So instead. I find my own silly truths.

If you've ever seen the movie Risky Business.

To paraphrase a crazy man who jumps on couches named Tom Cruise - who I quite literally have had flashback' memories of seeing him have sex live on tv with Oprah in that same setting:

"Sometimes you gotta say "what the f***'"

And just jump down that rabbit hole.

I'm here to have fun in life. Not be torn up through drama and war that riddles this world's media..

That's just nonsense.

For now. Who knows, maybe I'll return here after I've discovered time travel to start a war when I am done with life?

Everyone needs an exit strategy, right?

On that note. My grounding is 'believing' and 'imagining' the finite possibilities of what the multiverse consists of.

And still have predictable rules like gravity in this single linear reality to safely rest my head at night.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Once upon a time line, there lived a family of bears called Berenstein. One day their name changed to Berenstain but they took no notice and simply continued to be. The humans who read their little stories did notice and felt like they fell down the rabbit hole and have been perplexed ever since. The End

With the endless pages of the Berenstein/stain thread, no Berenstein believer could be convinced it was anything other than Berenstein. That would be like remembering Alice in wonderland as Alex in wonderland. That's how strange it is to us. Our memory of it is crystal clear and we realize how crazy it must sound, but it is what it is.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Instead of just accepting that human memory is extremely fallible, and/or admit that one is wrong, it would seem that it's easier to concoct a story about how there are merged timelines, timeslips and matrix glitches.

Is this a fair summary?

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I joined ATS just to post in this thread..

it has always been jupiter ascending and here is proof

www.insidehoops.com...

this is a link to a different forums discussing this movie 2 years ago..

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: comeoneverbody
I joined ATS just to post in this thread..

it has always been jupiter ascending and here is proof

www.insidehoops.com...

this is a link to a different forums discussing this movie 2 years ago..

Actually you missed all my posts... It was called Jupiter Rising more than 2 years ago.. my earliest link is 2011.. The daily mail called it Jupiter RISING the day AFTER it came out... Forbes and the New York Times call it BOTH Jupiter Rising And Ascending in both articles.. And those articles are from MArch I nthink or was it february but I think march 5th and 15th I think of 2015...

Trust me you don't have what you think of as Proof..

And I saw it in the theater when it was about to come out as Rising.. And then bam instead of a summer movie called Jupiter Rising, it's now A february movie called ascending.. Go over my posts. There is an article talking about the movie... I just find it insanely odd that I can't find the article I should be able to find.. That they changed the name.. Or that Rising was a code name.. No one has said a word about it.. I found a few comments wondering why the name changed but that's as good as I got for that arena..

Ususally there would be some article clarifying that Jupioter Ascending is in fact the new name, but you don't find that.

Or here's one for you guys.. USE These " " around what you want google to find for you...

If I ahve to do this ONE MORE TIME....

LOL

Now Explain to me Why I seem to be one of the only people trying to figure out why the name changed, and if it's even the same movie.. How come there are no movie blog posts, or news agencies discussing it at all??? It's like it never happened..

THe weirdest part is there are links calling the Movie Both Jupiter Ascending and Jupiter Rising from 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015... You would think if it was one thing and then changed the links wouldn't be all scrambled... Notice the bottom Link See how it says Jupiter Ascending in 2011, but Also calls it jupiter Rising in 2011.. New york times called it Rising and Ascending just last month..

SEE:

edit on 7-4-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join