It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ‘BASALT FLOOR’ Giza Plateau Smoking Gun Evidence of LOST ANCIENT TECHNOLOGY

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Doesn't that interest you as well.

I marvel at it so often and it seems to be the same thing with
the same people in many other topics. So I have concluded that
they are frightened of a world not being exactly as they were
told it is. I think it's very scary to them for some reason where
it isn't to you and me. The world at a glance is not what we are told.
Some will not go there.
edit on Ram40515v222015u33 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
IMHO, I think we are really missing something humans did to build these structures.

The tooling marks are pretty evident. Why someone would deny their implications and cling to pounding rocks is beyond me.

Just because I am not buying the rock pounder/copper chisel nonsense does not mean I think aliens did it. Don't want to play with stupid retort.

I think humans obviously had a range of technologies to work the stone and move it. While rock pounders/copper chisels may have been in use for some tasks as we have evidence of that, that does not equate to rock pounders/copper chisels being the whole equation.

To claim we have no evidence of modern analog types of machines in use back then as evidence that they did not exist is arrogance.

I got it the scientific method requires it, but to assume the real world will always bend and provide to that construct in order ensure everyone always understands the truth is silly. History does not care if you can prove X. X happened. Period. Now, what you do about it is your business but X does not change.

Maybe we just have to accept we will never prove some things. We just infer, extrapolate, and interpolate the best we can.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   
While I don't know much about this particular floor I have always found when it comes to the masonary of hard rocks it really is all about the cutting angle. When you master the right technique it pretty much crumbles. At the end of the day like any rock basalt is composed of grains and anything of granular formations has weaknesses. Also the basalt itself may not be as strong as you think. It comes down to two factors, the mineral content of that particular basalt and how weathered the source material actually is. Basalt weather's fast and this could damage it's structual integrity making it alot easier to cut.

Another thing to take into consderation is you need to look at this from the prospective of Ancient Egypt. You keep talking about it taking too many hours, too much material, lots of manpower; you are approaching this from a modern efficiency driven idea about production. In Ancient Egypt it was spare no expense production. You have to remember this was for their gods, their afterlife, eternity. Nobody would have been thinking "oh this project is going to take too much copper we should take a different direction" What give the gods something sub par? Ruin your chance for a blissful eternity? The Pharoah would have been thinking "who do I need squeeze and which kingdom do I need to overrun to get the copper I need". Yes it took a long time but that was why they started so far in advance of the Pharaoh's death. Sometimes the Pharoah died before the completion leaving his decendants to be intered instead. As for manpower every year the Nile flooded all the farms leaving thousands unemployed for months. They were happy to take work as stone cutters, it was for the Pharoahs and gods, it was like a civic duty, you didn't get paid just fed and if you died on site they gave you a basic mumification. Making blocks looks impressive but it is actually one of the less technically demanding skills of masonary. Once learned you pretty much can rely on your motor memory to keep up consistency.

When it came to building projects Ancient Egypt wasn't practical, it was superflous and excessive and very expensive. It was one of the reasons why the coffers of Ancient Egypt ran out so often. While I understand where you are going with your arguments when looking at the culture of Ancient Egypt and their obsession with the eternal afterlife (you know the old joke "Egyptians lived to die") I don't think it is unbelievable that they as an example would make more copper tools than stone blocks. They were fighting for a place with the gods in eternity, if you think about it from their persepective, copper wouldn't be that big a price to pay.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

You say the only reason they stopped was to move on to more complexity? That sounds extremely speculative on your part, I have never read anything that makes that claim as the reason they stopped building. If you have any resources I can look at for that, I would be very appreciative of it.

Nah there's plenty of evidence, even on ATS regarding that. There's a clear progression of pyramid building as well, starting out very shoddy and culminating in the the very large ones we see.

I can't find the thread right now, but IMO, and until I see real evidence otherwise, nobody but man built those marvels of architecture.

~Tenth

Except that the shoddy ones are far far newer than the greats at giza, and a couple of the temples.

It takes an engineering team 2 months to plan one lift on either of the 2 cranes in the world that can lift the megaliths at giza. At that rate it would take many decades if not centuries to build one.

If you grew up in the shadow of those great structures, you would likely emulate them as well

Show me the missing link between the shoddy pyramids and the great ones. Show me which stars they align with. Show me the directional accuracy. Show me the channels carved from the interior rooms to the surface in line with stars. There is almost nothing in common between the hundreds? of Egyptian pyramids and the great ones at giza, except egyptology.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
just to add a little fuel
en.m.wikipedia.org...
It took years just to decide on "How" to move two
statues from a location that was to be dammed .
Just two little statues ? And yet ancients built the pyramids
in 20 years with copper chisels and sweat ? I don't believe in alien help
I believe it was all human, but we are definitely missing a big part of the process.

In the end the statues had to be cut into 20-30 ton pieces
to be handled. Something that wasn't necessary and probably would have been
considered blasphemous by Ancient Egyptians.
All this modern technology and planning was pooled from many countries
just to move them a few hundred feet from where they were.

The ancient Egyptians had quarried these statues from miles away.
In our defense we did have to resort to 1960's crane technology. I guess cranes from
the 1960's BC were better...

edit on 5-4-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: paragraphs

edit on 5-4-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: pic

edit on 5-4-2015 by UnderKingsPeak because: no pic

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   
You made an interesting suggestion about sampling cuts in the blocks to find mineral deposits but I was thinking if these blocks were dragged some distance then wouldn't those cuts be contaminated and therefore any sample left from the cutting tool would be impossible to isolate? a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

I wish I could fine the thread in question I'm thinking of, it was like..3 years ago, very good analysis.

But, it's probably old info tbh. I don't pretend to be an expert. I don't discount them having tech that we don't know about, I just don't think anything out of this world helped them is all.

~Tenth

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
This thread is hilarious.

Nevermind copper tools.
How did *Egyptians* quote Build an 8 sided pyramids that is Earthquake proof.

Has anyone human built an 8 sided pyramid before? And don't say the Egyptians did. Because The Egyptians don't even know who built the Pyramids.

There isn't any Evidence the babylonians built it at all. Which is what the Egyptians were, Babylonians.
So where's the Great pyramid of 'Babylon'?

I don't think many people realize here that decendents of babylonians are the ones who defaced and destroyed the nose The Sphinx. Technically, Muslim ancestors.

You think Muslim ancestors built the Pyramids?

Muslims. Let that sink in for a moment. How long did babylon stick around for? Lets find that babylonian pyramid guys its gotta be in Iraq somewhere.

Or the Assyrian Pyramid.

Maybe the Nubian pyramid in Southern Africa? No? What's that you say there isn't one? oh well.

edit on am40000003015Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:05:37 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Read Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods. It's about 1000 pages of dry evidence without conclusions. The greats at giza have FAR more in common with the pyramids of central America than they do with their local miniatures.

There is TONS of info about the giza pyramids in that book. They are far more amazing than most even think. Just the math involved in the Queens chamber is more than any ancient culture was aware of, yet we see the same maths in the incas, the bible, ancient religions.

Yeah I know he shows up on ancient aliens from time to time, but don't throw the baby with the water. If you want the info, there is tons in there.

The book opens with the US Air Force Cartography departments analysis of the piri reis maps. If you skip to the giza chapters you will end up going back, once you see how tied together it all is.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

The first pyramids that are known of were built in Saqqara and they were fairly small and step pyramids. I don't know if I would call them shoddy but they were less impressive than the no step pyramids. I saw a question asking why pyramids were ditched and essentially they made really crappy tombs. Everybody knew where the loot was and as much as eternity was held sacred there were enough people who wanted the good life right now. Not to mention pyramid building was expensive and the coffers ran out. Also you had change in politcal dynamics. When the pyramids of Giza were being built it was an absolut dictatorship. And the one thing dictarships are good at is mobilising large groups of people to do what needs to be done. After Giza powers started shifting to other people and other departments. You have to remember the pyramids were not public temples, they were private tombs. It would take someone's singular force and will to make pyramids happen because most likely the other beauracrats (especially if you consider by now Egypt was broke) and the public would not have cared much about pyramids either way.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LifeInVirtual

What do you mean * The First*.

There are stepped pyramids all over the the globe. In fact. The great pyramid of Giza and the other 2 surrounding pyramids are the only non-step pyramids in the globe.

And how did they jump from 4 sided steped pyramids to 8 sided?

That's like jumping from issac newton finding gravity to building a rocket able to reach space.

I'm comparing the 2 because the probability is basically worse than getting struck by lightning 100 times in a row. within a year long period.

Am i saying its impossible? No, Just as unlikely as me throwing a rock to the moon.

( I could throw a rock ontop of a NASA rocket heading there... so not impossible but improbable in this timeline and impossible when NASA didn't exist )

Heres some Babylonian *Pyramids*

Sudan Ect.

But no *Great* non step pyramids.

We know who built these tho, Great pyramid not so much.

When i said no other no-step pyramids. I meant from around the time of the Great pyramids. There have been numerious imitations since their inception. When ever that was.

So i have no doubts about these ^ pyramids being created by known nations. But i am not convinced babylonians created the Great pyramids. Not convinced at all.
edit on am4u3015Sun, 05 Apr 2015 11:41:42 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

edit on pm4u3015Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:19:25 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Uh you'll love this, if you don't know it already:

They called it "Lotus Flower Vase" I would say it is a piece of a huge drill.
Some more specualtions I don't think this source is very reliable but I also saw it in an Arte documentary a few days ago, and they are usually pretty reliable, but unfortunately just German&French.

edit on 5-4-2015 by Peeple because: bee

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: AnuTyr

Uh you'll love this, if you don't know it already:

They called it "Lotus Flower Vase" I would say it is a piece of a huge drill.
Some more specualtions I don't think this source is very reliable but I also saw it in an Arte documentary a few days ago, and they are usually pretty reliable, but unfortunately just German&French.

Looks like a handle for a Pipe for water or other, A Valve. To turn a pipe and open close something pressurized.

Heres a physical picture of the * Lotus Flower vase* cough cough VALVE WHEEL cough cough ohh man sorry. sorry im allergic to BS. lol
Yes i'v seen this before. My theory is an industrial valve wheel.

edit on pm4u3015Sun, 05 Apr 2015 12:09:31 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Where exactly is this "smoking gun evidence"?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesTB

So you say one thing is impossible while saying another is possible.

You take the common sense solution and label it impossible, while taking a far fetched idea promoting it to probable.

Do you see anything wrong with this picture?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
imagine you are digging in the soil over 500 millions year ..wat chances are there to find an car/gun/IPhone than... ?
we might be not the first civilisation on earth...and time erases all traces

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Its stated that it took 100,000 slaves/workers, 20 years to build the great pyramid.

Its estimated that the pyramid contains 2,300,000 blocks. Ranging from 3 - 50 tons each.

That means, working around the clock, they would need to remove the stone from the quarry's, transport, lift, and set 315 blocks a day.

So taking into consideration that it would take 150 hours to cut 1 meter into a slab. Then you're already 6 days behind on the FIRST block and its still sitting in the quarry.

* keep in mind, some individuals sole responsibility is to side track and derail topics that are on point. It doesn't take a genius to realize that some feats, in our past, were simply impossible according to what we know. Similarities of construction within these huge monolithic sites. From Easter Island, to South America, Asia, India, Old Sumeria ( present day Iraq ) all have much in common. Someone, or something was able to communicate around the globe and it wasn't Kufu on a chariot swinging around a copper Khopesh.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Triton1128 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Dos centavos Part II

Besides having an incomplete picture of the tech tree, we probably have a incomplete picture of human history.

Every few years, new evidence comes along (e.g. GT in Turkey) which shifts all we thought we knew. Large gaps form, unknown players emerge, and the sequence needs adjustment.

Out on a limb here but I would wager our picture of the puzzle is probably made up of more holes than known pieces. Which is kinda cool IMHO

The discussion on pyramids and locations around the world is part and parcel of this.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Wonderful post, thanks for sharing. When will mainstream archaeology accept the fact that civilizations that have come and gone long ago have been advanced beyond our understanding and have either vacated elsewhere or have been were wiped out by some kind of catastrophe.

The history of our species is the biggest anomaly. By continuing to cover up and/or act willfully ignorant to hard core evidence that is continually found then we will never fully progress. Who knows when the missing link will be known publicly, I just hope it happens in my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
explain the striations. hand chisels can't do that and besides if you are cutting stone with slow speed hand tools and start to cut further than you need you would tend to stop way before the tool kept cutting into the stone such as we see here. it would take months to make those mistakes with hand tools. quite an inefficient method no?

a reply to: hellobruce

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join