It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Easter from an Atheist.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
That's right folks.

I am not a believer in religion or god.

What I do believe in is family and friends. I enjoy getting together with my whole family and enjoy a good dinner and watch the kids do their easter egg hunt.

Yeah, they go to church, I don't. That is fine with all of us. As a matter of fact I got invited to Easter services, I politely declined. They knew what my answer would be. We were ok with that.

My kids Easter baskets are made and I am ready to see their joy.

I look at it as a tradition and good family time together.

What's wrong with that?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   
There's just as much NOT wrong with all of that than it is for some of us to go to Sunrise service and offer up our thanks for what occurred during this time so very long ago.

So I thank you for your Easter wishes, and I hope that your day is awesome and am glad that you will be spending it with those you love, and appreciate enough to not let something like this divide you. There are far too many people that relish in that divisiveness already. We certainly don't need more. On either side.

edit on 4/5/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01

What I do believe in is family and friends.

Everybody believe in something
your "god" is just less Abstract

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

It wasn't until my teens that I found out that Easter was related to a religion.

It was a time for egg hunts and chocolate. I have a slightly spiritual atheist family for the most part. It was the same way with Christmas.

I can kind of remember being asked by fellow schoolmates if I had to go to church and me saying "what for".

I really didn't know. lol

Heathen Bunnies.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

It is for the hare club for men duh.

Don't you watch any south park!

Happy Easter to you too OP as well as everyone else.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Nothing wrong with that at all.

Happy Easter to you as well.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Like you I don't believe in religion which confuses my friends and family as I have a reproduction of the Salvador Dali "Christ of St John Of the Cross" on my living room wall, my most prized possession. However that is accompanied with religious art from Buddhism, Hinduism and Thai Spiritualism. For a non religious person, my obode looks like a multi faith church

But as you said, I wish the Christain ATS members a happy Easter and thanks for the long weekend

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Thank you...I don't know what I am these days..but i do have the kids participate in egg hunts and they do get Easter Baskets.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

What do you mean you believe in family and friends? I've read that over and over. I can't make any sense of it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I look at it as a tradition and good family time together. What's wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with that at all. As a matter of fact, I would like to thank you for treating us so kindly. LOVE

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Happy Easter my atheist and theist friends! Today I go to my family's house where I will partake in prayers giving thanks. Only a few of them know I am an atheist (It's easier that way). How amusing!

edit on 4-5-2015 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
That's right folks.

I am not a believer in religion or god.

What I do believe in is family and friends. I enjoy getting together with my whole family and enjoy a good dinner and watch the kids do their easter egg hunt.

Yeah, they go to church, I don't. That is fine with all of us. As a matter of fact I got invited to Easter services, I politely declined. They knew what my answer would be. We were ok with that.

My kids Easter baskets are made and I am ready to see their joy.

I look at it as a tradition and good family time together.

What's wrong with that?

liejunkie01,

Nothing wrong with watching over ones family. That is what a good shepherd does..watches over his flock. By the way....this is every day..not just on holydays.

As for myself..I do not celebrate Easter..nor Birthdays, nor Christmas or other holydays. They are all the same day to me.

Once I caught on..I quit the whole mess...when I realized what was being done to us. Somehow I do not believe a sale day at a department store was what was intended for Holydays. But then again..I never thought there was anything truly religious about blue days/laws for the stores. Being shut down on Sundays. I always thought that was a phony.

There is such a plethora of misinformation about what tries to pass for Holydays today. I am glad to quit the whole mess and leave it behind. I am never again getting on that treadmill.

Orangetom

new topics

top topics

join