It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay teen can't attend prom wearing a tuxedo; It's against dress code says Principal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Who cares. She's just doing it for the heck of it anyway because she's entitled to do whatever the hell she likes and scream discrimination if anyone raises any objections. Is rules not allowed any more? This wouldn't be an issue if she didn't make it an issue by being vainly contrarian.

Then again, she should be allowed to wear whatever she likes, and maybe soldiers and sailors should be allowed to start dressing as clowns too, since they too should be allowed to express their inner sad clown.

Hell, let's get rid of all types of dress codes lest it offends some confused and angry unique LGBT snowflake.

Are we allowed to gather together under a set of agreed rules without some entitled and attention starved brat arbitrarily wanting to challenge them?

I understand there's a difference between being employed and going to school but this new generation of kids... they get to me, they really do. And I just wish that they would shut up and stop being such a worthless distraction. See, I lost a few minutes just by typing up this reply.

Stop feeding the real life trolls.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

A dress code that's non bigoted has a code which would define the types of outfits that can be worn, irregardless of gender.

The person wanted to wear a tux, which is in the dress code, the only problem was her gender.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Yes, I see. Because we subscribe to these arbitrary oppressive and outdated gender roles right?

Very important, I hope she didn't suffer major psychological trauma from this barbarious ordeal.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Due to an outpouring of support, principal reverses his decision!

But now, Principal Taylor and Monroe City School Board President Rodney McFarland - who had backed Claudetteia - have reportedly told the student that she can wear a tux to the prom after all.

On Tuesday, the National Center for Lesbian Rights said in a news release that the pair had contacted the teenager to inform her of their decision relating to the event on April 24.

In the release, Claudetteia, who is openly gay, said she had been inspired by the countless supportive comments and offers she has received in the wake of her controversial tuxedo ban.

The support included a local businessman's offer to create a prom for her and her friends, and a letter sent to school superintendents in the state by the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana.

So it looks like she will be wearing a tux after all later this month to her prom. I think it was very nice of the businessman to offer her a prom of her own. Very sweet of him.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Anyafaj

But now, Principal Taylor and Monroe City School Board President Rodney McFarland - who had backed Claudetteia - have reportedly told the student that she can wear a tux to the prom after all.

On Tuesday, the National Center for Lesbian Rights said in a news release that the pair had contacted the teenager to inform her of their decision relating to the event on April 24.

In the release, Claudetteia, who is openly gay, said she had been inspired by the countless supportive comments and offers she has received in the wake of her controversial tuxedo ban.

The support included a local businessman's offer to create a prom for her and her friends, and a letter sent to school superintendents in the state by the American Civil Liberties Union of Louisiana.

So it looks like she will be wearing a tux after all later this month to her prom. I think it was very nice of the businessman to offer her a prom of her own. Very sweet of him.

And this is how it should be done.

IF there is an issue

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

So glad to read this! The idea that this is still an issue in 2015 is insane-formal wear is formal wear. I promise you that the school has more pressing issues to worry about a girl wearing a tux to prom...
edit on 14-4-2015 by mavra81 because: I can't count

posted on Apr, 14 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mavra81

So glad to read this! The idea that this is still an issue in 2025 is insane-formal wear is formal wear. I promise you that the school has more pressing issues to worry about a girl wearing a tux to prom...

My daughter goes to a wonderful school that is so understanding. She's special needs and had me hand sew her prom dress out of a bohemian flowing black skirt and a bohemian yellow shirt. I sewed them together to make a dress, and because the skirt is semi see through, she's going to wear a flowing long shorts under it, and a yellow matching tank under the shirt because it dips low to make it appropriate for school. The school is fine with it. It's a shame more school's can't be more open minded towards kids. As long as the kids aren't dressed as if they are getting ready to ask for a price for the night, just let them have one night of fun.

posted on May, 5 2015 @ 10:42 AM
link   
yay.
lets take away their 'voice' and individuality.

sure hope my daughter wants nothing to do with prom

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join