It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch this open-carry activist taunt cops outside a school - "I’m talking to you, tough guy"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

A gun owner triggered a brief lockdown last week while demonstrating his open carry rights outside a Michigan high school.

Link

So, a guy with a high powered rifle shows up near Lamphere High School in Madison Heights. Apparently he's been no stranger to the area.

Police said they received “about a million calls” about the man, who lives near the school and was carrying a rifle and holstered pistol

See something, say something. Open carry has become taboo in most areas, so people naturally fear themselves into submission.

In the man's own words...

“While out on an open carry walk, I was followed by the Madison Heights police department,” said the man, who calls himself Nunya Beeswax online. “They followed me from a distance, which was troubling, because they could clearly see that no laws were being broken. After initially declining to speak with the police, I decided to approach them and ask why they were essentially stalking a law abiding citizen. I did not appreciate the fact that one of these trigger happy morons placed his hand on his pistol when he approached me.”

If it wasn't for the officers prior history with the man, or the fact that he was white, according to Cenk Uygur from the Young Turks, he would have been either gunned down or the situation would have been handled in very different way.

A prick in his own right, he does seem to have produced three deer standing in headlights. Amazingly, he goes on...

“I’m talking now,” the man says, interrupting one of the officers. “That shiny little badge he has on his chest doesn’t give him any more rights than I have. Actually, you all work for me and the taxpayers, right?”

“You come over here with your hand on your gun, that’s reason for me to think that you feel ill will towards me,” the man continues. “If I were to do the same thing, you’d probably pull your gun out and point it at me, am I right? I’m talking to you, tough guy.”

While the guy makes sense, he is being a little insensitive. I'm not sure how race would come into play here, but it sure is being made a big deal during the video. Anyways, his final thoughts...

“Bottom line: I don’t give a # what any of you liberal pussies has to say about my decision openly bear arms,” the man said in a Google Plus post from November 2013. “I will continue to do so, not because I have a license, but because I am a free man. So chime in all you want about how I was looking for trouble, or trying to bait the cops, and I will continue to exercise my rights … All of them. Also, if the police approach you, and you don’t turn your camera on, you are a f*cking idiot.”

We should all be able to exercise our rights, but this guy doesn't set the best example. While he's right in what he said, I wouldn't go about it this way.

edit on 5-4-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This guy is NOT helping the cause.
At all.

Idiot.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

He is an idiot, but he is correct about his rights.

Sometimes you have to exercise a right or you lose it...sad, but true.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

How did you watch the video in a minutes time and form a well enough opinion?

Care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
What do I think? I think the dude lost his crap and isn't helping "normalize" this at all. Because people see a video like that and think "well that guy sounds like a lunatic." Had he kept his crap together and sounded even remotely calm and reasonable it would've helped his point infinitely more.

And that is the biggest problem with these videos: the "activist" comes off sounding like a raving loon, even when the officers do nothing to warrant it.

That being said, I can't come up with any reason to carry a gun in to a school other than to provoke a reaction. Which is what he got. Unfortunately he handled the reaction, that I think he wanted, pathetically.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I'm all for open carry and not a fan of cops but...

This guy is an ass who is Doing more harm than good for the people's rights.

He has no reason to be Doing this other than cutting a youtube VID for 15 minutes of fame. True open carry proponents have no need for this IMO as it just causes more harm than good.

A School Zone? IDIOTx2!

JUDE!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

He is an idiot, but he is correct about his rights.

Sometimes you have to exercise a right or you lose it...sad, but true.

Is that what they're doing in Indiana?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Agreed.

I believe that people like him are rabid morons who can't deal with their political positions in an adult fashion.

I am a no compromise 2A advocate, but you're not going to see me taunting the cops, who are largely pro-2A, because I am also not a damned idiot.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

I'm going to lean towards ass hat myself.

He might come in handy during a SHTF moment though.

I'll keep him on speed dial, but never call unless there's an emergency.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
in front of a school? really?
what are the cops supposed to do?
bad form..this guy is asking to be harrassed.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You want to exorcise your rights !!!! go do it on a gun range ! or hunting !!!!

This moron in the video is just asking for a confrontation .

People like this just provoke law makers to strip us of what little rights we have left .

If I were present in this video I would have exorcised my right to freedom of speech and Smoked!!!! this d-bag like a Drill Instructor!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Glad to see this guy getting called a moron.

Exercise your right, just lets do it away from a school when it involves guns.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
a reply to: lordcomac

How did you watch the video in a minutes time and form a well enough opinion?

Care to elaborate?

Saw it a few weeks ago, when it was posted.

I know he's got his rights- and I know he's technically not breaking the law, here- but if you cant differentiate between what is right and what is legal, YOU are pushing the law makers to restrict your freedoms.

I stand by my response- this guy is an idiot.

The legal system doesn't differentiate between what is right and what is legal- they just make more laws to punish us for what they don't want us doing- right or wrong.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
just a stunt

no cameras would of been diferent

only protection is the camera not the gun sad but true

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This guy is NOT helping the cause.
At all.

Idiot.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Lazzzarus22

Are you guys clones? Say jinx!

I did a little copy and paste.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Idiot .. does more harm to the cause than good with his stupidity ...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Exercise it or lose it is right, but exercise it in front of a school?

AS others have stated, he's an idiot.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Cenk is right, if this guy had been black he would have been treated much much differently. To give the cops the benefit of the doubt however, they had previous encounters with this deluded nut case and his in-your-face gun "rights."

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   
To all the members calling this guy an idiot, I politely disagree, an idiot is someone who does something ignorant out of stupidity. This guy is doing this deliberately. He is an agent provocateur. He is just hoping for a confrontation, and in front of a school of all places. Maybe some of his fellow gun-rights advocates should give him a piece of their mind about what he is doing.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join