It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Retired NYPD cop mows down another driver in road rage, victim gets arrested

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku
'the cop' ? he's retired , he's not a cop.

its a road rage incedent being twisted by the dailyfail and being promoted by ats's resident cop hater.

You're right, there's no reason even a retired cop should be aware of or act in accordance with the law.
What would he know about it after all?
edit on 4-4-2015 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I guess if you make a career of being above the law, its hard to follow those laws once you retire.

Good thing they don't need to, their status as first class citizens extends until they are either shunned or die.

It's going to be neat to see how they react when the structure of society they depend on crumbles.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Ever since Reginald Denney, if you get out of your car and threateningly approach another, you are taking a chance on getting run down by a driver honestly in fear for their life.

If you come yelling and screaming at me after a traffic incident and my child is in the car... well, I'll hose you off of my tires later.

Of course if the headline was " RETIRED JANITOR RUNS DOWN EX-COP ROAD RAGE ATTACKER" you would all be too busy giving a standing ovation to type a reply.

edit on 5-4-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Hm, so if I become a cop I'm able to pretty much do... whatever I want? That annoying kid that throws the newspaper in my bushes? Oh, sorry I thought it was a gun...

That little old lady that drives 30MPH in a 45MPH zone? Oh sorry, the vehicle matched an armed and deadly suspected criminal...

That annoying cashier that let's more than ten items in her lane causing the whole 10 items or less lane to become congested? I'll just beat the living sh** out of her because f*** you, I'm a cop.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Spooky4Me

Hm, so if I become a cop I'm able to pretty much do... whatever I want? That annoying kid that throws the newspaper in my bushes? Oh, sorry I thought it was a gun...

That little old lady that drives 30MPH in a 45MPH zone? Oh sorry, the vehicle matched an armed and deadly suspected criminal...

That annoying cashier that let's more than ten items in her lane causing the whole 10 items or less lane to become congested? I'll just beat the living sh** out of her because f*** you, I'm a cop.

Some, not all cops, feel the law is different for them. I doubt to the extent your describing, but to a varied extent. One cop shot a guy because he thought a pill bottle was a gun. Seriously? If you can't tell the difference between a round pill bottle, and the butt of a gun, maybe you shouldn't be a cop! Or how about the cop who shot the service dog? They went to the wrong house, one cop bent down to pet it, the second cop got scared and fired his gun killing it. Give me a break! It obviously was not a harm if the one cop was able to pet the dog. It's instances like these that are enough to anger a person.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
Ever since Reginald Denney, if you get out of your car and threateningly approach another, you are taking a chance on getting run down by a driver honestly in fear for their life.

If you come yelling and screaming at me after a traffic incident and my child is in the car... well, I'll hose you off of my tires later.

Of course if the headline was " RETIRED JANITOR RUNS DOWN EX-COP ROAD RAGE ATTACKER" you would all be too busy giving a standing ovation to type a reply.

It used to be, a woman alone could drive to a well lit area if she was worried the cop may rape her, or a fake cop. Now that can get you into trouble too!

Sou rce

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

'the cop' ? he's retired , he's not a cop.

The people of New York are probably paying him a pension. Wonder what he was like on duty in his day.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Oh I know there are good cops out there, I was just venting my frustration.

I'm more upset with how we just seemingly allow anyone who wants to be a cop, be a cop. I know a couple who signed up and wanted to make a difference. But then you have those who do it for they have a need to wield power over people, and how they aren't weeded out during training is beyond me.

Then you got cops covering for cops, precincts covering for cops, cops covering for precincts... It's so shady it feels like something you would expect from a crime drama than actual life.

Something keeps buzzing in my head, who polices the police?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Spooky4Me

Oh I know there are good cops out there, I was just venting my frustration.

I'm more upset with how we just seemingly allow anyone who wants to be a cop, be a cop. I know a couple who signed up and wanted to make a difference. But then you have those who do it for they have a need to wield power over people, and how they aren't weeded out during training is beyond me.

Then you got cops covering for cops, precincts covering for cops, cops covering for precincts... It's so shady it feels like something you would expect from a crime drama than actual life.

I think we need an independent committee who investigates police and doesn't answer to police. That way, things like this wouldn't happen. But that's wishful thinking.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
If someone cuts you off you get out of you car and at night? Dont sound right to me. The cars never touched, why get out of the car? Take a license plate number for what?

Dont sound right to me.

edit on 5-4-2015 by Harvin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Spooky4Me

The police. Great system isn't it.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
All the more reason he should have been arrested. a reply to: Rikku

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join