It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is knocking on my bedroom door.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

?Have you tried knocking on the door in response to these impossible knocks. I ask because perhaps some entity of some such is wanting to establish communication with you.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tindalos2013

this sounds like fun^! , if you hear that knock again some night, go ahead and knock back! I wonder if something will happen? maybe another knock? or two? or simply nothing , worth a shot.

if you have a phone use 1 of those sound detecting app leaving the phone near the door to try and record it, maybe hearing it more times can give an idea what it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
This used to happen to me for 20 years (18-38). The first time it happened I was wide awake watching TV and home alone. Except there were 3 distinct knocks on 3 separate walls.

Firstly on the wall to my right, then the wall behind the TV then the wall to my left. It freaked the bejesus outta me. I thought it was my sister playing jokes on me but nobody was home.

What really started to freak me out though was when I realised that if somebody was playing tricks on me, then I would have seen them running from behind the first wall to behind the second wall. As soon as I heard the first 3 knocks on the first wall, my head snapped around to that wall, and if anybody ran between the two (because there are rooms behind each) I would have seen them.

Since I moved out of home at 18 I have only lived by myself. However up until the age of 38 I would still hear the 3 knocks in the dead of night, banging on my bedroom wall.

When MySpace was just as populxar as FB, I used to have a MySpace account under a different name. That way I could blog about all the freaky things that happened to me and my parents. Oddly enough within 18 months of starting that blog 2 things happened.
1. The knocking ceased to happen.
2. I was denied access to my Myspce account.

That was 5 years ago.

If you say you are being haunted by these knocks, I for one, believe you. However they never harmed me, although every now and then I would see the shadow people during sleep paralysis, and the 3 knocks would snap me awake.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
On the note of asking questions or saying something when the knocks occur ask it yes and no questions with one knock or two being the answers, because it knocks

On a less paranormal side if there was a breeze at the time it could of made the door make knocking noises via the latch assembly hitting the strike plate aband the door hitting the door frame. Used to have a noise like that myself and then closed the windows and it stopped.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I had the same thing start happening to me a few months ago.
Then I realized it was my new phone. 2 light knocks when
I get a notification. LOL! Scared the bejesus out of me at the
time.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

funny how the xtians are all negativity and demonomania and
OH NOZE!!!! TEH OCCULT!!!!

makes the following image depicting a possible source of the knocking quite disturbing considering the xtians
refusal to answer, convinced as many are that what's knocking is not to be answered

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Hey OP!
If you have a spare phone or something, just leave it behind the door recording sounds... maybe it catches something you can't hear on the other side of the door, you know

And even though you may not have a spare phone, use your primary device, iPhone or whatever, put it on the side of the door you hear the damn knocking from and leave "Voice Memos" or any app like that recording.
BTW, there is an app I used for recording weird sounds at night, it's called Dream Talk, there is a free and a paid version... u will see it on the AppStore, well.. the point is, it doesn't record sounds all the time, so you can just leave it running in the background and once the noise reaches the threshold, it stars automatically recording.... thus you can try it when you go to sleep, leave it there runnin' all night long and in the morning you will see the recordings only in case it caught some noises during the night.
Pretty effective, innit?

How long does the one "knocking session" last?

Is the knocking rhythmical, do you hear any pattern... or is it just plain random?

Also, have you tried opening up the door while the knocking is present?

BTW: Do you consider yourself being scared whilst listening to the knocking sounds? Does it make you feel uncomfortable to the point where you stop all your work and you focus only on the knocking and you wait until it stops?

Cheers
edit on 5-4-2015 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Not sure if someone has brought this up already. Have you tried to answer the door ? (by opening I mean)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I know you have gone through a lot of possibilities before coming to this site but I would like to ask you a few questions that may come from a different perspective and hopefully find an answer. I don't need answers unless you want to post them. Just follow them and think about your situation then look at my conclusion.

Do you have a decent amount of trees outside this house and is it on the West Coast?

Have you been able to replicate the sound on your door using your own bare knuckles?

Are you on the second floor or higher?

Does the house you are in have a lot of older hardwood trim inside (Think Victorian or Colonial, Farmhouse Style)?

Do you have a wooden soffet and fascia board surrounding your home?

I have had very similar knocking sounds in early spring last year at my home, very eerie and made me jump up and literally fling the front door open thinking I was getting deliveries or something.

Turned out to be a Northern Flicker or Woodpecker tapping at my home on the fascia board where it was wet but not rotted. Seemed to think there was something good in there and it started off like a gentle tap-tap-tap then got a little louder on each subsequent tap for a total of about 6-7 knocks. Repeated a few minutes later (after I had already ran downstairs and opened the front door) and then stopped. Happened again about 2 days later. I asked about the second floor and hardwood trim because up in my house, the interior wood seemed to resonate, channel and/or reflect the sound just so that the lower fascia board sounded like it was knocking about knee level outside the room I was sitting in.

Anyhow, the second time it happened, I was heading down the stairs and the bird flew by the little octagon window on my staircase and sat in a tree and made me wonder. Turns out there were a few knock-marks on my exterior trim upon inspection.

So, it may not be what is bothering you but I figured I would chime in with my experience.

-EVC

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Well, I can tell you that knocking sounds with no-one there are really serious.

It's well known that phantom door knocking, especially one that follows you around, is an unmistakable indication of death. Up there with owls hooting in the daytime.

I'd be purchasing a serious term policy, were I you.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   
O.o
edit on 4.10.2015 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Wow you're really rude, not really deserving o f peoples help at all!

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I lived in a place that had an active ghost. I actually had a face to face close encounter with her once. In that room whenever I would think about spooky stuff the energy would go up and there would be loud knocks and bangs on the walls. I think perhaps if the spirit wants to manifest then this is a relatively 'easy' way for them. More so than moving objects or becoming an apparition. I think that in my case the ghost was able to channel some energy when I was thinking about it, and the knocks and bangs would start.
edit on 16/4/2015 by cvsouth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Whatever you do, don't open the door.

I've had that happen to me on a few occasions and it would startle me at night. I did some research and it ranged from Jesus trying to contact you to death is almost upon you. Scary stuff. However, one night I realized what I thought was a door knock were actually sounds coming from the neighbor downstairs. The reason it would startle me at night would be because I was obviously sleeping and I immediately assumed that it was something knocking. I eventually compared the two sounds and it was a match.

If you can, I would suggest staying up as late as you can see if perhaps there is something other than paranormal activity causing the knocks.

posted on Apr, 16 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

Isn't that how Insidious 3 begins?

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Is it three distinct knocks? How often have you heard this growling noise, did it sound like an animal? Have you been experience any nightmares lately? Have you had any really negative or bad thoughts flood in your head? Any strange odors like something smells rotten? Any feelings of being watched when alone? Other weird noises, like footsteps in the house when no one is home? Objects missing than reappearing in other places? Negative mood swings?

It really might be coincidental, but if some of the stuff i asked about start hitting targets, it might be demonic in nature. If not it might just be you're mind playing tricks on you. See the thing about negative entities like poltergeist or demonic activity is one or two clues might not mean anything, but when you have multiple signs that match up usually can point to something more.

The knocks and the growling noise is throwing alarms for me, but alone they might be coincidental.

posted on Nov, 10 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Are you actually hearing the Hammer ?

www.youtube.com...

Or are you hearing an MKULTRA neurologically generated noise ?

what do you think ?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join