It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something is knocking on my bedroom door.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   
The last time I had any "paranormal" experiences like this were years ago when I live in an old Victorian apartment building in Napa, CA., which was over a decade ago. So the thought of something happening again really freaks me out.

I am having something knock on my bedroom door while in my room. I have investigated all possible explanations such as wind, drafts, house settling, cat, etc. Nothing explains it. There have been TWO episodes this week, and they just started. It's a light knock which sounds like a 'human' knock with knuckles. They have been light, not loud, but enough to get my attention.

They are literally on the door, not around it. The first one was at child height. The one that just happened an hour ago was at my head height right when I was near the door at a desk (about 2 feet away). This has my bothered because the other night when I was falling asleep I could have sworn that something 'growled' in my ear. But sometimes I have auditory weird things happen as I fall asleep due to being overtired or low level anxiety/stress. So I have written it off as that.

But now that the knocks have started, I'm wondering.

The worry is that this type of activity is 'back in my life'. I don't want it to be because it really is stressful. Anyone who has experienced it knows. I came to ATS because there are a lot of people that have lengthy experience and advice.

I've had much more freaky and scary things happen when I lived in the old apartment in Napa. But I don't want this to be a thing where it starts with little knocks and then grows into something.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BatheInTheFountain

Assuming it's not your imagination, how long have you been at your present residence? Did you just move into the place, or have you been there for awhile and this just started happening out of the blue?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Assuming it's not your imagination, how long have you been at your present residence? Did you just move into the place, or have you been there for awhile and this just started happening out of the blue?

It's my Mother's house. I came here about a year ago because she needed help with things after she has severe cataracts and heart issues and the house needed work,etc.

She's been in the house almost 20 years. I've been here about a year. I was here on and off years ago and nothing like this happened.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
are you into any occult type activities, anything in your life an invitation.

I have heard of too many of these incidences to pass them off as just natural phenomena

If you want out you have to change your life

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: borntowatch
are you into any occult type activities, anything in your life an invitation.

I have heard of too many of these incidences to pass them off as just natural phenomena

If you want out you have to change your life

No, I'm practically on the Atheist side of Agnostic. I was a Christian at one point and wanted to teach Biblical Studies, but that was a lifetime ago. I've never messed with any Occult stuff.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i had that once as a young teen, freaked the hell out of me, i wasn't asleep as id got straight up and ran to the dorr to give my brothers a kicking (in a brotherly kicking way) on the landing, all were asleep including the mu and dad, totally gobs open in the land of nod. their bedroom doors were closed and the creaky floor boards never let off a sign of anyone knoclking ( we brothers used to play blind mans buff in the large hallway, with sticks and try to hit each other in complete darkness, i knew no one could of crept across those floor boards without a creak.

never explained, was it a ghost , no idea, my mum heard a knocking on the wall too, and a young boys voice once call hello whilst she was in the kitchen. a phone once flung itself down the stairs too. weird but weird cant b proved beyond hearsay.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

No, I'm practically on the Atheist side of Agnostic.

That's ok, every atheist is an atheist until they need the LORD. Try this, say: "In the name of the LORD JESUS CHRIST, I command you to stop!" I will message the CREATOR that you have a troubled mind. LOVE

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Dont be afraid it can not harm you ... Tell it strongly to GO AWAY

I used to have dreams where I was being pursued by something behind me I could not see ... it was scary ... then someone told me to face my fears so I did ... next time I had the dream I turned around to face whatever was chasing me and told the shadowy figure to eff off ... I never have had that dream again since then
edit on 4-4-2015 by artistpoet because: Typo

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: donktheclown

No, I'm practically on the Atheist side of Agnostic.

That's ok, every atheist is an atheist until they need the LORD. Try this: "In the name of the LORD JESUS CHRIST, I command you to stop." I will message the CREATOR that you have a troubled mind. LOVE

I said I was an Agnostic. I meant that I LEAN toward Atheist. But Atheism itself is a belief, so I can't say I am one. But please, I don't want this to be about my beliefs or non beliefs.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Let it in.

JUDE!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

thats easy for you to say sat behind a screen

brave jude, so brave lol

i can imagine you dancing around the room flapping your hands around squealing lol sorry tmi

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
hrmm.. Opportunity??

Seriously though, it's likely nothing. My refrigerator makes a knocking sound that would freak anyone out and it kind of resonates through the walls as well. Could be pipes in the walls, an electrical issue(worth investigating), rodent problem or something inside the door that's doing it. Doors can be hollow. Try taking it off and checking it out.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: gottaknow
hrmm.. Opportunity??

Seriously though, it's likely nothing. My refrigerator makes a knocking sound that would freak anyone out and it kind of resonates through the walls as well. Could be pipes in the walls, an electrical issue(worth investigating), rodent problem or something inside the door that's doing it. Doors can be hollow. Try taking it off and checking it out.

These are distinct KNOCKS to my door. What part of that did you miss?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

yeah i get you

not the knocks like waking from a dream or even half way

freaky to experience, even harder to try to put rationality on it when irrtrationalty can be ruled out. you are left with nothing but an experience being told. i get you

just roll with it, accept, keep an open mind and open your mind to others who say the same. either way, you will only have what you experience first hand to go from, accept others will need that too.

like ive said ive had that too but not since , i can prove nothing, no matter what i say will or should sway any opinion , too many variables of whatever. it happens

edit on 4-4-2015 by ProleUK because: t

edit on 4-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ProleUK

brave jude, so brave lol

i can imagine you dancing around the room flapping your hands around squealing lol sorry tmi

NOPE,

I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Peace

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: ProleUK

brave jude, so brave lol

NOPE,

I say what I mean and mean what I say.

Peace

lol sorry jude not being funny or owt (northern twang),

lost in dialogue or whatever you post made me laugh....let it in lol

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Yeah. Ok then. It MUST be some paranormal experience of some sort. Maybe some ghoulish creature from beyond the veil, following you for miles to once again knock upon your bedroom door. Waiting for you to answer. Waiting for you to die.

Is that what you want to hear? Because that SURELY makes more sense than anything I replied with before.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Yeah. Ok then. It MUST be some paranormal experience of some sort. Maybe some ghoulish creature from beyond the veil, following you for miles to once again knock upon your bedroom door. Waiting for you to answer. Waiting for you to die.

Is that what you want to hear? Because that SURELY makes more sense than anything I replied with before.

ok thats just based on fantasy trying to create an answer to a problem.

dont get me wrong all speculation is good but I could speculate something really creepy and weird to answer something but have no proof. it doesnt make it right or dicredit the voice of the person asking a question.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   
If it bothers you enough to write a thread about it, why not just open the door? Asking everyone else what it is, is not going to get you any closer to answering the question.
Just open the door when "it" knocks or leave the door open so you can see when the noise starts.
edit on 4-4-2015 by DAVID64 because: typo

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Yeah man, there's a 'rodent' in my door.

Or no wait, there's 'pipes' in my door....

Yeah man, makes total sense. I don't know what knocking is when it's 2 feet away from me. Must be that really huge MOUSE in there.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join