It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese stealth bomber?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This is probably NOT the next generation Chinese stealth bomber, but it's still a rather pretty design. It may be just fan art, but it may be concept artwork. It's an evolution of previous designs see, using both internal weapons bays, and externally mounted racks. It appears to have a side by side cockpit, similar to the Su-24 and F-111 designs.

Interestingly in the artwork, it appears to be flying over the Senkaku Islands.

Although China is known to be working also on a new stealth fighter bomber, we don’t know much about the H-20, as the aircraft is believed to be dubbed.

The long-range strike aircraft should be built around the concept of a subsonic, radar evading, flying wing configuration and some scale models have even appeared at aviation exhibitions.

While previous artworks depicted shapes of Beijing’s LRS (long-range strike) inspired to several existing U.S. planes, including the F-117 Nighthawk, the YF-23 and the B-2, a new image has recently popped up on the prolific Chinese Internet.

theaviationist.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Isn't mounting the missiles on the exterior counter productive to the stealth features though? nice looking design though

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ukmicky1980

You'd do that after defenses were degraded, when stealth was less important. Once you get air superiority, it doesn't matter as much if you're stealthy. You can also mount stealthy pylons and weapons that would help.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

IS there any easy way to look at the design and tell if it's actually a stealth cross section??
Pretty nice looking.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I feel if any war would start between China and Japan, it would be a war of land base missiles. Also I see this of the thinking of North Korea's way of thinking. An all out missile attack. No winners, not that there needs to be one as in the end, we all turn out to be economic and business friends again. Just look at Vietnam and US business relationships these days. Heck even look at Japan and US business relationships. Do you know that up till recently you couldn't find any American teaching textbooks for English juku schools in Japan, they were all from British publishers, no American publishers. My thoughts were, there still is a war going on.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: KnightLight

Based on what we can see of the design, it matches up with most stealth designs. The canted outward tails, and the blending of the design match up with known stealth designs. There's no way to tell the RCS itself, without building an RCS model though.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
that is one slick looking design!!
now..can they really build it?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnightLight

IS there any easy way to look at the design and tell if it's actually a stealth cross section??
Pretty nice looking.

To go stealthy, you want flat surfaces that reflect radar signals in one direction well away from the original radar base. Curved surfaces guarantee there will be one point that reflects the signal back to the station. The engines (and fan blades) are concealed inside the main body, and there would be baffle to reduce turbulence (and noise) as well as to conceal the IR signature. Even the air intakes are concealed by the wedge profile of the fuselage which also provides lift.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
The Chinese now have computers capable of keeping a stealth in the air I doubt that they can develop the technology however and bet what they have is from the Clinton era when they stole just about everything so something akin to an F117 is probably about their limit.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

I was imagining it like that, but obviously my brain isn't a super computer haha.. Or maybe it is but I can't devote all the resources but anyway..

So it's either a real design, or someone who knows what it should be made it up.. Great artist and knowledge..

Or it's just China messing around.

Which option do you think?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

They have at least two stealth aircraft flying, with more in the design stages. None of which are designed anything like the F-117. They're quite advanced.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Quite surprised by that,was reading aviation weekly last week and owe you an apology the F35 was put up againt the F16 in combat manoeuvers recently and has now been cleared to go beyond those parameters which reading between the lines means its better.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

I saw both high alpha and BFM testing when I was up around Edwards a couple weeks ago. It was an interesting show.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Is it weird that the F35 reminds me of a wasp? It's the way the "butt" can turn under itself.. haha..

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
It's all about tactics anyway.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Kinda looks like a cross that TESTOR'S fake Russian plane and the YF-23
wedmodelfactory.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:11 AM
link   

obviously with computer modeling you would not have a 117 again. but when you say quite advanced what does that mean? surely the PLA's air force would be a peer level enemy? i wonder how there missile tech is going.

i bet all that stolen data is serving them well. unlesss all the stuff they stole was read herrings

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The air intakes look too small for a twin engine.

You have to imagine no matter what they steal, your just never going to produce engines like rolls Royce, ge or Pratt and Whitney with over 100 years experience of building hi spec, uber tolerance machines.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I bet it can become completely invisible...

...by staying in a closed hangar.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Front looks very much like that of the "Fullback".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join