It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does this look like a door to you? Google Maps

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Similar to AthlonSavage's thread about "what is this on the ground?", there's an area near my house that has some weird looking things on google maps earth view.

The area is located at : 45.533394, -111.770693

Some pics.

Tried to upload to ATS, can't seem to get it to work right. Hopefully an imgur direct link is ok.

It could just be google having some weird rendering issue, but I noticed the area a while back and was curious if anyone knew/had theories. I haven't been able to get out there and look at it myself as my car is somewhat broken and wouldn't like it very much. Possibly sealed mines too I suppose.
edit on 4/4/2015 by Kalapadea because: a thought

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalapadea

My quess is it is just buildings. Notice how you can see a slight road leading up to each one? Also there is something that look like some sort of a mine on quarry nearby, and those 'blocks' are not that far from that facility. Maybe just starage warehouses or something.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Well my fist question was going to be if have been out there your self.

Do you know if that road that runs right by it is public or private?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
looks like a weed growing plant, comparing the size of it compared to the tyre tracks, the odd roof looking like a hydro plastic sheet covered thing, the little traffic going in, id say they are growing weed .

a bit more info on the site would be good

an address and listing of available bud would be fantastic

not that it is

may be just aliens
edit on 4-4-2015 by ProleUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well my fist question was going to be if have been out there your self.

Do you know if that road that runs right by it is public or private?

The area is near public land called "revenue flats", that last year I was looking to go camping in, before the car trouble started. I haven't been able to definitively find out if I can get there. I was looking to try tomorrow anyway, gps to those coords. Friends of mine have talked about "the big doors at the flats" before, but I could never find out exactly where they were, as those same friends are usually drunk camping and lack clear memory.

I'll snag pics tomorrow if I can get there. Really just wanted to know if anyone here had seen something like that before. This whole state is peppered with old silos (active ones are about 3 hours NE of me, it's pretty incredible to see them change out the rockets) and old mines.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

weed site

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Looks a little like corrugated metal to me, though it's a bit rough around the edges, they look a little depressed into the terrain, so I'm guessing it's not a roof. Wondered if it wasn't some sort of covering for plants crops, we see that around here sometimes.

Would be worth a drive if it's close and you can get your car working.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

Would be worth a drive if it's close and you can get your car working.

My car has air suspension, the front bags are popped. The car runs fine, it's just driving on the bump stops. Not exactly a winning situation for a bumpy road. Gets around fine in town, just not when it's bumpy.

originally posted by: ProleUK

weed site

Nobody really uses that measure of security for growing weed, I live in a warehouse at the end of a row of warehouses, 2/5 other shops are growing. Heck, out of the 30 buildings within a mi of where I'm sitting, I know of 8 that are growing weed. Legally or not. I don't even smoke and I know where they are. As it always, ALWAYS smells like weed around here.
edit on 4/4/2015 by Kalapadea because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

yeah seen similar flying over the very same in gran canaria quite regulary , though not corrugated, plastic sheeting, the size of it suggests a high yield crop. or something more simple

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well if any ole joe can get to it, I don't think it is much.

Though hiding in plain site can work rather well, still don't think anything top secret like doors to underground bases would be on public land.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Well if any ole joe can get to it, I don't think it is much.

Though hiding in plain site can work rather well, still don't think anything top secret like doors to underground bases would be on public land.

Any ole joe can see where the active silos are, it's not difficult and the security isn't exactly complex. Usually just a square fence 50ftx50ft about 1/4mi from a main road. Like @ coords : 46.696406, -109.743942

I'm really not suggesting there's some secret base there, I just wanted to know if anyone had seen it before. I figured with the number of people on here that look at google maps, somebody has seen something similar, as it does look interesting, doesn't it?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'm thinking Greenhouse.

JUDE!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Ya but they can't drive up to it, that is why I said if you can get to it.

And didn't mean to say you were implying it was underground bases, guess that was just me

It does look interesting, I will agree there.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Imo, they don't look like buildings. You should at least get some kind of shadowing around them.

Some of them are are receiving shadows from the raised earth around them. When you zoom out, there are a bunch of them in the area. They appear to be capped off areas that were dug out. You can notice nearly all of them have mounds of earth near them, imo they are from whatever earth they removed.

My best guess in order is: Sealed open pit mining, fallout shelters, underground storage, underground base

If you get out there, take some pics for us. Interesting find.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Could it be underground natural gas storage?
There are storage facilities further east near Bozeman.
Would make sense to keep that a ways from highly populated areas.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Good luck getting out there to look.
I'll come back to the thread to see if you or anyone finds out anything

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
If you use the history tool on Google Earth you can see the image at various intervals back to 1995. The anomalies have been there since '95 at least, unmoved. When you zoom in close, it appears to be some corrugated material, broken and jagged around the edges, sitting above ground. At ground view, you can see the ripples in the material on at least one I looked at from that angle. They appear to be slightly above ground, and from certain angles you can almost see under the edges. They cast varying shadows in the different views, or none. It almost appears as if they were tossed there in a tornado... if it weren't for the way the land looks around them.

There appears to be a ring around some, as if a path was worn, or the ground appears different within the circle around them. The color is different, or the texture of the terrain. It's possible Mandroid is correct and the earth is mounded up around them, but if so, to me it looks like they still sit slightly off ground, not flush with the land. If the land is flat and not mounded, it makes me wonder if they cover something that might seep into the surrounding ground, to account for the difference in color.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 321equinox

Exactly.

They cast varying shadows in the different views, or none.

Maybe we can refine this a little.
I saw what looked like the shadows of 4 vertical pipes that opened up like a torch head.
They were placed very close together for some reason, maybe to facilitate a venting schedule?

top topics

join