It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DESCENT FANS, UNITE!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Ok, so maybe some of you remember the PC game franchise "Descent"

If you do, Then you'll know that there hasn't been a Descent game released since 1999

With any luck, that's about to change. Descendant studios has purchased permission to use the Descent name, and is working on a new game.

It's called "Descent: Undergound", and serves as a prequel to the games we know. These guys are old-school fans of the franchise, and the project has the support of veteran pilots from the, still VERY active, Descent online community. The game is shaping up to be the real deal..

If you remember Descent, and want to see a new entry in the franchise, check out the project's kickstarter here. there's only 6 days left, and they can use all the help they can get.

Mandatory Disclosure: I am in no way affiliated with descendant studios, or the development effort. I'm just a rabid Descent fan, spreading the word..

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Awesome news. I remember playing on the high school network at lunchtime with a dozen other players. Was always fun to blow the reactor, then dump mines right at the door to the exit shaft. Muhahahahaha! Good times!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IpoopThere4IAM

lol, you dick.

I remember having to jump through a ton of hoops. and do extra chores, so my dad would buy me the first game....i played the hell out of that game...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
OP , you really had to go there...Believe it or not one of my all time favorites (actually in the beginning made me have motion sickness , had to go for Dramamine)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: here4this

had to go where?

i loves me some Descent.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

Loved that game.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Be sure to check out the KS for the new game....i would love to see it happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Haha, wow.. Blast from the past. That was such a kick ass game.

Damn, if they make it, I'm investing in a good joystick, and off-hand throttle system.

I had an old thrustmaster system I used to play the first two. (It used a SERIAL PORT!).

Never got motion sickness off of this game, tho, nor any other flight based game. However, jump off something high, in a game, and I grit my teeth and clench my guts. Dunno what it is, but only in a game do I have this issue. /shrug

Rock on, hope to see it.. Would be a NICE change..

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:18 AM
link   
My wife needs to get her nursing job soon so she can buy me a new PC

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus
Dramamine = Cheap non-prescription motion sickness medicine. I got it bad from all the 360 movement at first. I could not play for 20 min at a time. Then I got used to it and even still play all the Descents today.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

well, the only way it happens, is if it gets funded...tell your friends, pass the KS link around...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: here4this

oh, lol

sweet deal.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

well, the only way it happens, is if it gets funded...tell your friends, pass the KS link around...

Oh, I did... TRUST me.. I did.. hehe.. spammed ftw!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

good man...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
4(ish) days left...c'mon guys, get that word out.

top topics

join