It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most American Conservatives actually hate America? I'm convinced they do.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Progressives are dangerous because they will do anything and follow anyone in order to achieve their morally superior and intellectually advanced view of the world.

No, we don't follow "anyone" or do "anything" except for following our principles and using our inborn intelligence to see the problems around us and come up with possible solutions.

In addition to being morally superior, progressives are always willing to lie.

No.

Lying is permissible, even favored, because it works and because otherwise the "greater good" might not be realized.

Lying about what, exactly?

And no - lying is not part of the Progressive agenda.

OTOH, lying about [Iran, gays, abortion, social tolerance] being a threat to world peace is a favorite conservative technique now.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

How about these?

Progressives correctly perceive that the vehicle for their morally superior outlook is government. How else but through the coercive power of government could they force the entire population to do something it does not want to do?

Many progressives are well-meaning people. Others are not. However, all progressives share the conviction that they will do whatever it takes – they will trample on any rights, destroy any traditions, confiscate any property, redistribute any wealth – in the service of their quasi-religious vision, whatever it may be at the time.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Progressives are dangerous because they will do anything and follow anyone in order to achieve their morally superior and intellectually advanced view of the world.

So it's a bad thing to be smart and intellectual? Aren't people that are smart making the world cleaner and safer? I for one do not want to go back to living in grass thatched roofs and herding goats.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: infolurker

So it's a bad thing to be smart and intellectual? Aren't people that are smart making the world cleaner and safer? I for one do not want to go back to living in grass thatched roofs and herding goats.

It is when "Your Moral Superiority" is a legend in your own mind and the intellectually advanced view of the world is a sarcastic joke.

We are "laughing" at you:
www.hark.com...

edit on 8-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

However, all progressives share the conviction that they will do whatever it takes – they will trample on any rights, destroy any traditions, confiscate any property, redistribute any wealth – in the service of their quasi-religious vision, whatever it may be at the time.

The "Progresssive" vision is about everyone being okay - not having to be homeless, starving, threatened, destitute, indigent, in threat of extinction, poisoned, decimated, etc. And caring for our environment - our HOME, and our Mother, without which/whom we would die.

You aren't buying into preserving our planet and the security of our children and later descendants?
Why? It isn't like it's a new idea.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

However, all progressives share the conviction that they will do whatever it takes – they will trample on any rights, destroy any traditions, confiscate any property, redistribute any wealth – in the service of their quasi-religious vision, whatever it may be at the time.

The "Progresssive" vision is about everyone being okay - not having to be homeless, starving, threatened, destitute, indigent, in threat of extinction, poisoned, decimated, etc. And caring for our environment - our HOME, and our Mother, without which/whom we would die.

You aren't buying into preserving our planet and the security of our children and later descendants?

And the 2nd part:

And we will dictate by force and whatever it takes – we will trample on any rights, destroy any traditions, confiscate any property, redistribute any wealth – in the service of their quasi-religious vision, whatever it may be at the time to succeed.

Why? (I am not buying into being a slave to you nutcases who have a desire to force everyone to agree with you and tell everyone what they should think, say, and do regardless of what excuse or cause is utilized to get us there)

our HOME, and our Mother, without which/whom we would die.

edit on 8-4-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

And attack Christian values,traditional ideas and creating false enemies like the Neocons also construct.
This is done to create more control.
EVERYONE should be OK .
NOBODY disagrees with the ideas behind unity.
THE exececution by government edict ,hostile social shunning of those who aren't progressive but only want order instead of the police state and having varient cultures MANDATED to be put into learning eviironments , is as bad as the prog view of seperation of church and state issues.
The overbearing hostility and the lack of competent FAIR leadership...on BOTH sides really. will continue.
Foreign policies that don't work, scrapping defense,overblown watch dog agencies infiltrated by those they should watch,and activism that breaches function on the national level will create a backlash.
edit on 8-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
The current division and war of ideas between progressives and conservatives reminds of the feud between the Hatfields and McCoys. In the future both sides will look like idiots.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

a reply to: STTesc

I liked him too, when I first stumbled upon him.
Now, he seems more on the par of Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh. Two ginormous losers.

You like them, too?
Just curious.

No I never really got into Rush and Glenn Beck seems ...i don't know, like a sell out. I do like Michael Savage though.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You are making a grand assumption that most progressives make. Can you change all those things WITHOUT destroying the country, the economy and our general values? The answer is a resounding NO. You can't redistribute wealth (eg. steal money) from people to give to others without breaking the value of not stealing. You can't simply turn 180 degrees on green power, etc. without crashing the economy. And even if you could do all these things...what kind of America would remain? Your utopia would result in a dirt poor America, with no jobs, few corporations, a nation of needy citizens and non-citizens, etc...AND...in the process you have stolen, made stupid, rash decisions that will likely not work, made equals of legal citizens and illegal citizens, taken away education, and emptied all our safety nets when we crash, burn and eventually are taken over by others.

You destroy America by demanding changes you can't afford. You destroy what we are all about by demanding special treatment for only those you choose, and you kill our children's future for what???? To stand on top of a trash heap and proclaim "WE DID IT". Then look around and see what you did. Destroy the best idea, the best values and the best people in the world.

THAT is reality. Is THAT what you really want?

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

LOL!!! Lame.
And very, very poor form.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

You are making a grand assumption that most progressives make. Can you change all those things WITHOUT destroying the country, the economy and our general values?

Um, yes.
A lot of that first 'assumption' that you allege, however, depends on how you define "destroying the country" (do you mean 'countryside'? Our 'natural resources'?)

The economy? Sorry, but rampant capitalism is WHAT DESTROYED THE ECONOMY.

General values? Like what? Ayn Rand's economic model of "eff everyone else, I've got mine!"

You are making a grand assumption that most "Libertarians/Tea Partiers/Evangelical Bible Thumpers" make: that people who are looking for progress instead of stagnation - looking to the possibilities as they unfold - are
"lily-livered, , bleeding-heart, liberal, egghead communist[s]."

Shake my head. You have no real idea how mistaken you are. THAT is the pathetic thing about it.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

No I never really got into Rush and Glenn Beck seems ...i don't know, like a sell out.

Well! I'm very happy to hear that.

Stick around. There's much more to come.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

No, we don't follow "anyone" or do "anything" except for following our principles and using our inborn intelligence to see the problems around us and come up with possible solutions.

And the solution progressives have is to force their views on everyone else.

Lying about what, exactly?

For example, there has been this claim floating around, in leftwing circles, that if it wasn't for left-wingers we wouldn't have civil rights, when Republicans were not only the first to be against slavery despite the mayority of Democrats in the south wanting to keep slavery.

Even the civil rights acts were passed by majority Republicans, with smaller sections of Democrats voting for it.

Civil Rights Act of 1957.

Democratic Senator Strom Thurmond of South Carolina, an ardent segregationist, sustained the longest one-person filibuster in history in an attempt to keep the bill from becoming law. His one-man filibuster lasted 24 hours and 18 minutes; he began with readings of every state's election laws in alphabetical order. Thurmond later read from the Declaration of Independence, the Bill of Rights, and George Washington's Farewell Address. His speech set the record for a Senate filibuster.[3] The bill passed the House with a vote of 285 to 126 (Republicans 167–19 for, Democrats 118–107 for)[4] and the Senate 72 to 18 (Republicans 43–0 for, Democrats 29–18 for).[5] President Eisenhower signed it on September 9, 1957.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Civil Rights Act of 1964

Vote totals

Totals are in "Yea–Nay" format:

The original House version: 290–130 (69–31%).
Cloture in the Senate: 71–29 (71–29%).
The Senate version: 73–27 (73–27%).
The Senate version, as voted on by the House: 289–126 (70–30%).

By party

The original House version:[20]

Democratic Party: 152–96 (61–39%)
Republican Party: 138–34 (80–20%)

Cloture in the Senate:[21]

Democratic Party: 44–23 (66–34%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version:[20]

Democratic Party: 46–21 (69–31%)
Republican Party: 27–6 (82–18%)

The Senate version, voted on by the House:[20]

Democratic Party: 153–91 (63–37%)
Republican Party: 136–35 (80–20%)

en.wikipedia.org...

Note again in the above that the greater percentage in favor for the Civil Rights Act was again from Republicans.

And no - lying is not part of the Progressive agenda.

OTOH, lying about [Iran, gays, abortion, social tolerance] being a threat to world peace is a favorite conservative technique now.

Hence the lying part. The majority of conservatives do not hate gays, but rather believe that marriage has been and should continue to be the union between man and woman. Personally I don't have anything against gays or anyone else. If two men, or women want to live together it's their decision. But what is this wanting to force a change in what marriage means? Marriage has always been a religious union between man and woman. The problem comes from wanting to force the notion that churches should marry gay people. Why?

If two people of the same sex want to be together and make it official it should be a civic union instead of wanting to force churches to marry them.

Heck, why not call it "civic union" instead of "marriage"? in this manner both sides are appeased.

But instead we are already seeing same sex couples making complaints and even making lawsuits against churches for not performing same sex marriages.

Gay couple files complaint for refusal of wedding

By Heather Hahn
Nov. 12, 2014 | (UMNS)

A United Methodist pastor is facing a complaint under church law because he declined to officiate at a same-sex wedding.

A gay couple at Green Street Church, a United Methodist congregation in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, has filed the formal complaint against their pastor, the Rev. Kelly P. Carpenter.

The couple, Kenneth Barner and Scott Chappell, charge Carpenter under the Book of Discipline with “failure to perform the work of ministry.” Their complaint also accuses Carpenter of “gender discrimination” in not officiating at their ceremony. Gender discrimination is also a chargeable offense under church law.

www.umc.org...

LONDON, August 2, 2013 (LifeSiteNews.com) – Less than two weeks after the coalition government’s gay “marriage” bill was signed into law, a homosexual man has launched a lawsuit against a Church of England parish in Maldon for refusing him and his civil partner the lavish church wedding of their dreams. Barrie Drewitt-Barlow told the Essex Chronicle that he has launched the suit because, despite the law, “I am still not getting what I want.”

www.lifesitenews.com...

Again, my question is why not call it "civic union" instead of "marriage"? Why is this notion that people must accept the union of same sex couples as marriage when by definition marriage has always been the union of a man and woman?

This is not about hatred, but about people being able to keep the moral values they want to keep, for people to be able to believe whatever they want to believe.

About abortion?... The problem is that Americans are now being FORCED to pay for abortions whether they agree with it or not. Do you understand the difference?...

What if there was a law FORCING YOU to accept Christian belief?... Would you accept that?...

Social tolerance... I have no idea what you are claiming with that. Conservatives do have social tolerance. Many of us have friends who are gay. Many of us even belong in minority groups, etc... But what we are against is that certain people want to "change" our moral values. They want to change our beliefs... WHY?...

What is this entitlement some people have that they think they have a right to change the moral values, and beliefs of others?

edit on 8-4-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

And... we all know THEY lack the conscience or the wherewithal to realize their "America" is founded on a bunch of back-handed wrongs which must be reckoned at some point some how. If so, that is why they hate America because it's a recessed deeply hidden hatred for themselves because THEY built it.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   

You are making a grand assumption that most progressives make. Can you change all those things WITHOUT destroying the country, the economy and our general values?

Um, yes.
A lot of that first 'assumption' that you allege, however, depends on how you define "destroying the country" (do you mean 'countryside'? Our 'natural resources'?)

General values? Like what? Ayn Rand's economic model of "eff everyone else, I've got mine!"

You are making a grand assumption that most "Libertarians/Tea Partiers/Evangelical Bible Thumpers" make: that people who are looking for progress instead of stagnation - looking to the possibilities as they unfold - are
"lily-livered, , bleeding-heart, liberal, egghead communist[s]."

Shake my head. You have no real idea how mistaken you are. THAT is the pathetic thing about it.

While you are obviously beyond any discussion of reason simply judging by the ridiculous examples you include...lets talk about "progress". Progress is a slow, well thought out thing that people and a society can do after evaluating all the options, all the requirements and all the implications. You can look at progress in many ways, for for simplicity sake, lets use money.

A family can progress by increasing their income. And a progressive would agree with that and call it a good thing. In general it likely is. But a progressive DOESN'T CARE HOW THEY GET THERE. Is the wife whoring herself out on the side? Did the Father sell a child? Does the family force the children to build widgets for a large company instead of going to school?

A progressive says "YES! Progress". I don't. I look at what all that progress requires and KNOW that with much of it, we can't afford it, we aren't ready for it and many of us see it as an attack on our core values. Real progress takes short, careful steps toward bettering ourselves. Trying something and having a real plan, dipping your toe in the water and if it doesn't work...pull your foot out. Progressives say "dive in"...you won't drowned. And if you do...too bad.

Or...if that is too much to swallow or you simply decide to continue to twist where I'm going with this...an experienced chess player positions their pieces, plans for success and builds a plan to counter failure all while trying to win the game. A progressive moves his queen across the board, ignoring all the other pieces and yells "checkmate" after breaking all the rules of the game.

Take "green" energy. A progressive would gladly outlaw gas and oil, force people to buy $50,000 cars whether people could afford them or not and claim VICTORY. Ignoring that now people can't get to work since they can't afford a car and ultimately discover that without oil, the majority of the electricity wouldn't exist for the cars.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant
Why do all conservatives hate America? They don't. Nor do they use the confederate flag as a rally or hate anyone who isn't white.
I'd elaborate but your post is so full of reductionist vitriol I won't even bother.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The US economy is not "destroyed."
Nor does the United States have rampant capitalism, whatever that means. The government has had essentially full control of the economy since World War Two.
edit on 9-4-2015 by StalkerSolent because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   

And a progressive would agree with that and call it a good thing. In general it likely is. But a progressive DOESN'T CARE HOW THEY GET THERE. Is the wife whoring herself out on the side? Did the Father sell a child? Does the family force the children to build widgets for a large company instead of going to school?

What absolute, utter nonsense.

That whole post of yours. Bull S # ! T

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Sorry, but rampant capitalism is WHAT DESTROYED THE ECONOMY.

Progressive style Capitalism isn't true Capitalism.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join