It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do most American Conservatives actually hate America? I'm convinced they do.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Two words: Robert Byrd

What's that got to do with my point? I don't agree with who he used to be or what he did. But that doesn't address why conservatives still don't speak out against or shun other conservatives who are neo-Nazi or Aryan Nation. The point I made still stands. And like I said, I'm not a Democrat so why would I defend him anyway?

Also did you watch the Lee Atwater clip above? Or read the article I linked (the 42min full clip/interview is there)? It goes into many of the things I mentioned in #1.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

This honestly can't be anything more than trolling. R8ted 8/8, gr8t b8 m8.

(In all seriousness, any idiot can say the same about [INSERT POLITICAL PARTY HERE] and it wouldn't be any more true.)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So it's deflecting because I haven't answered you in the manner you wish to be answered? I had the audacity to answer how I wanted to, and not how you wanted to be?

How very progressive and liberal of you to be upset and accuse me of deflecting because I'm not doing what you want me to do.

No it's deflecting because you're deflecting. It's fine if you don't want to refute the actual points in the OP. That's your right. And it's fine if you don't want to answer any of the questions I directly asked to you. They were very specific questions and you chose not to address them. That's fine as well.

Though there's a saying that "silence signals compliance". And the fact that you feel the need to keep posting "anti-liberal" stuff here, without refuting a single point I made, or without answering a single question I directly asked you speaks volumes. If you agree with some of those points, just say it. Nobody's going to hate you for it. You'll probably even get a bunch of stars (see the "What's Wrong with Liberals" thread).

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Spooky4Me

This honestly can't be anything more than trolling. R8ted 8/8, gr8t b8 m8.

(In all seriousness, any idiot can say the same about [INSERT POLITICAL PARTY HERE] and it wouldn't be any more true.)

Why would I troll on this? Did you even read the OP? I don't see how someone can claim they love America, but hate American minorities, women's rights groups, American workers in unions, Americans on govt benefits, LGBT Americans, etc. And who openly state they hate our government (though one person told me they only hate a bloated govt). And who openly call for less regulations on pollutants for our land, air, and waters. And who won't rebuke conservatives who wave 2 flags from 2 nations who were hostile to the US, the Confederate flag & neo-Nazis.

EDIT: All of those things damage America and/or Americans. So how can some of them love something & someone they intentionally damage?

Also, "conservative" isn't a political party, it's a mindset/way of life.
edit on 4-4-2015 by enlightenedservant because: added a line because i'm a dork

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

9/8 m8, keep going and you'll win an internet!

How is it trolling?

By claiming that all conservatives hate America by generalization.

P.S.
I don't adhere to either liberal or conservative stand points, in fact I don't adhere to any political ideology except stay off my lawn.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: 2Spooky4Me

9/8 m8, keep going and you'll win an internet!

How is it trolling?

By claiming that all conservatives hate America by generalization.

P.S.
I don't adhere to either liberal or conservative stand points, in fact I don't adhere to any political ideology except stay off my lawn.

You should probably read the OP. Or the title. I specifically said "most", "some", or "many", depending on the point. I haven't said "all conservatives" during this discussion. Though you would know that if you actually read what was typed.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Nah man. I addressed one of your questions. Just not all of them, like you wanted. You conveniently ignore ignore my comments on it. So I'm deflecting.

I'm pointing out that liberals are no better and no worse than conservatives. So I'm deflecting.

I'm pointing out that liberals are no better and no worse than conservatives, so I must be a liberal hating conservative. Couldn't possibly be that I don't buy into the conservative bashing or liberal bashing. I would point you to threads created by a certain individual, but that person has been banned so I guess that's pretty moot. Suffice it to say, that person had a thread about how wonderful conservatives are and how terrible liberals are.

There's no need to go down the "good post for star" road with me. After all, it's your thread. With 25 flags and 26 stars.

Hi pot, I'm kettle. Nice to meet ya.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I think the vocal ones do and then most just vote along party lines cuz they're too busy or too lazy to think about what's actually best and vote that way but it's the same with liberals minus the hate (hate for conservatives aside that is which if conservatives would stop hating minorities, women and gays/trans... liberals would stop hating them).

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Perhaps a ROUSING argument about GUNS then?
HOW can you hate them when they defend YOU?
OF course there are always those who are aberrant and push things too far but to leagally impose social changes is causing a nasty backlash that is only JUST now beginning.
My lesbian friend in art school was commenting the other day ,how she wondered what people expect when they try to force others to be like they are.
I ,OF COURSE, voluteered immediatley to kill ANYONE who would do that to her.
She said she had it.
edit on 4-4-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think the vocal ones do and then most just vote along party lines cuz they're too busy or too lazy to think about what's actually best and vote that way but it's the same with liberals minus the hate (hate for conservatives aside that is which if conservatives would stop hating minorities, women and gays/trans... liberals would stop hating them).

True.

I've had some pretty lively but educational debates with conservative & libertarian coworkers before, so I know that most don't agree with every point I made. In fact, some don't even care about this stuff at all & just want to live their lives.

But there are just as many who do believe the points I've mentioned & posters here know it. I just don't see why so many are denying this when I can go to drudge report or stormfront right now & find all of the proof I need. And I can turn on Fox right now & see their constant stories highlighting the first 3 points I made. Or listen to almost any Limbaugh or O'Reilly broadcast & they'll constantly attack some of the groups or points I've mentioned.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is more of the intolerant preaching tolerance. If you don't agree with my stance on things you're a racist, sexist, evil evil conservative. And since you're white, you're evil and racist anyway. Witch hunt witch hunt witch hunt bla bla bla.

The difference between Liberals and everyone else? They don't argue politics, they pull cards.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
You know what's the worst for America, though, OP? Dumb shts who can somehow identify with either of the major parties. I'm so sick of this garbage. No offense (or maybe lots), but if you can genuinely call yourself a Democrat or Republican, you're too fking dumb to be voting in the first place. Sorry I had to break it to you. A vote for one is a vote for the other. It's just like religion. A bunch of dumb fks all worshiping the same thing, and murdering each other for their perceived differences.

This is par for the course on ATS now, though. Banality is the order of the day. You are the reason we can't have nice things.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
If conservatives love America, why are they so persistent in their efforts to create new enemies for us?

Does the "if we aren't fighting, we look weak" come from love? and if it is, what is is it love for?

Love for your ability to kick ass and never ask questions? Love for your ability to make the biggest guns an use them? Loving this country enough to make the world hate us, is a weird kind of love. You love this country so much, you are willing to publicly undermine it's peace negotiations. I don't get it. They actually shame people as unpatriotic, if they fail to blindly fall into the traps of attrition warfare lol

Some America loving conservatives are willing to support people like Jeb Bush and his PNAC buddies who salivate over their plans to interfere with the worlds order. Remember their list of countries to get involved with? The middle east is already buzzing, I dread the idea of psychotic neo-cons being injected back into the current climate. Their history of showing they give a # is non existent.

Seems more like a fatal attraction to me.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Enlightenedservant....

First I will say that your labeling is partially incorrect. The people you speak of are not "conservative" they are nothing more than obnoxious reactionaries, be they of the religious, social or corporate stripe.
Sure they vote Republican but no way are they deserving of the title conservative.

Their goal is regression, they (want "their" country back), the country where christendom reined supreme, blacks were slaves, other races knew their lower status & woman were kept in their place.

You know why they scream big government? It's because with a weak & ineffectual central authority it would give those that wish to trample the rights of their neighbors license.

A weak government means that citizens & corps can pollute with impunity.
Religious fanatics can discriminate without cause.
Business can cheat & steal with little repercussion.
Labor becomes indentured servitude.
Look at all the horrific things that have been done in this country during it's history & that is what the reactionaries want to return to.

As far as the Republican or Democratic party is concerned while they've both been complicit in ushering in a new age of corporate oligarchy (regressive) at least some of the Dems are still trying to perfect our union while lately most if not all of the Repubs have been trying to sabotage it.

Now about the most strident & usually inarticulate loudmouths that you read everywhere & perhaps were part of your motivation for this thread. I will say those that cling to outmoded archaic social & religious beliefs will not be reasoned with & they will not be swayed, in the immortal words of Oddball "they gotta be full on fanatic freaks".

Look at this latest ignorance in Indiana & elsewhere, they have the deluded belief that some how they are justified in their discrimination because OMG baking a cake is just like renouncing god & engaging in sin. Idiots.

The very first sentence of the Bill of Rights states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" so every law that is even loosely based on biblical belief is unconstitutional from the get go & yet these people can't seem to wrap their little minds around that. Of course when dealing with religion you know up front there is no reason to be found.
America was not founded as a christian nation & to read what some of the founding fathers had to say about christianity is quite the treat for the more rationally minded.

This country has been in a state of slow progressive change since it's founding, sure we've had lapses & some justice has been slow to materialize but overall we still progress. Hopefully that will continue as the old ideas die their deserved death & the original progressive ideals of our Nation will be manifest.

Ain't that a pisser, the Founding Fathers were for the most part militant progressives.

K~

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
This is more of the intolerant preaching tolerance. If you don't agree with my stance on things you're a racist, sexist, evil evil conservative. And since you're white, you're evil and racist anyway. Witch hunt witch hunt witch hunt bla bla bla.

The difference between Liberals and everyone else? They don't argue politics, they pull cards.

Like when you pulled the "Jews in ovens" card? Then turned around and said you don't actually shun Neo-Nazis and the Aryan nation? Like those cards?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Like when you pulled the "Jews in ovens" card? Then turned around and said you don't actually shun Neo-Nazis and the Aryan nation? Like those cards?

And here I thought we came to some sort of common ground, such a shame. Okay then, I guess I need to explain my stance again? And how what I said is not a contradiction? But you knew that, you simply tried to use what I said and turn it against me. It's a dirty, cheap tactic. And one used out of desperation.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: aethertek
Enlightenedservant....

First I will say that your labeling is partially incorrect. The people you speak of are not "conservative" they are nothing more than obnoxious reactionaries, be they of the religious, social or corporate stripe.
Sure they vote Republican but no way are they deserving of the title conservative.

Their goal is regression, they (want "their" country back), the country where christendom reined supreme, blacks were slaves, other races knew their lower status & woman were kept in their place.

You know why they scream big government? It's because with a weak & ineffectual central authority it would give those that wish to trample the rights of their neighbors license.

A weak government means that citizens & corps can pollute with impunity.
Religious fanatics can discriminate without cause.
Business can cheat & steal with little repercussion.
Labor becomes indentured servitude.
Look at all the horrific things that have been done in this country during it's history & that is what the reactionaries want to return to.

As far as the Republican or Democratic party is concerned while they've both been complicit in ushering in a new age of corporate oligarchy (regressive) at least some of the Dems are still trying to perfect our union while lately most if not all of the Repubs have been trying to sabotage it.

Now about the most strident & usually inarticulate loudmouths that you read everywhere & perhaps were part of your motivation for this thread. I will say those that cling to outmoded archaic social & religious beliefs will not be reasoned with & they will not be swayed, in the immortal words of Oddball "they gotta be full on fanatic freaks".

Look at this latest ignorance in Indiana & elsewhere, they have the deluded belief that some how they are justified in their discrimination because OMG baking a cake is just like renouncing god & engaging in sin. Idiots.

The very first sentence of the Bill of Rights states that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion" so every law that is even loosely based on biblical belief is unconstitutional from the get go & yet these people can't seem to wrap their little minds around that. Of course when dealing with religion you know up front there is no reason to be found.
America was not founded as a christian nation & to read what some of the founding fathers had to say about christianity is quite the treat for the more rationally minded.

This country has been in a state of slow progressive change since it's founding, sure we've had lapses & some justice has been slow to materialize but overall we still progress. Hopefully that will continue as the old ideas die their deserved death & the original progressive ideals of our Nation will be manifest.

Ain't that a pisser, the Founding Fathers were for the most part militant progressives.

K~

Very true and well spoken. So is the word "regressive" a word they actually use to refer to themselves? I'm curious because while I'm progressive, I'm only liberal on some stuff. I believe all people should have equal rights & opportunities. But I don't think it's government's business (or my business) what consenting adults do at home. So I kind of stay away from that side of stuff.

And yes, in many ways the Founders were politically very radical for their time.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

And here I thought we came to some sort of common ground, such a shame. Okay then, I guess I need to explain my stance again? And how what I said is not a contradiction? But you knew that, you simply tried to use what I said and turn it against me. It's a dirty, cheap tactic. And one used out of desperation.

No no. I feel we came to an agreement as well. But then I checked this thread & you blasted me! I was like "why are you saying I can only use cards? I thought I explained myself". lol So I thought this was a new bone you had to pick with me.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
So is the word "regressive" a word they actually use to refer to themselves? I'm curious because while I'm progressive, I'm only liberal on some stuff. I believe all people should have equal rights & opportunities. But I don't think it's government's business (or my business) what consenting adults do at home.

"Reactionary" would be their descriptor & "regressive" would be their beliefs.

For the rest of your comment, (two sides of the same coin really) "liberal" "progressive", six of one half dozen of the other.

K~

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Oh no they totally did. 1978, a Chicago suburb. They challenged a ruling on behalf of a neo-nazi group that had barred them from holding a March. I was piggybacking on your "so?" comment.

So conservatives don't attack neo-nazi groups, and liberals defend them. Yet conservatives are the bad guys.

Curious, that.

Rights only matter when they can protect the unpopular. The popular rarely need extra protections.

The people who don't understand this basic point are the ones who really scare the hell out of me.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join