It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Liberals?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I think it's the connotation. Maybe people take it differently in different areas, because I didn't see a problem with it. All I thought was "manage white people like in Europe? Well, white people run Europe so what do you mean?" I don't know if there's a single non-white prime Minister, Chancellor, or President in Europe. Or major banker, or powerbroker in the European Union, etc.

But to each their own, I guess.

That doesn't make it any more clear. If white people run Europe and the heads of everything are White, then who is managing them??? To be managed implies that you're not on top already, because that would make you the manager, not the managed.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
You see, I can be called a cracker, honkey, and white boy until the cows come home, that's not racist. The new black panther party can sit there in the streets and call for the execution of white babies. That's not a hate crime. But the second a police officer does his job and puts down an animal, it's hands up across the entire nation.

I think you need to re-examine your wording, especially given your objection to the word "managed" earlier.

Anyhow, the problem is complicated. Consider this - schools are parts of school districts, which raise money based on the areas they serve. All other things being equal, school districts in poorer areas are going to have less money and so less resources.

Perhaps poorer schools do worse at educating students than richer schools? That might lead to certain advantages on being born in a wealthier area, no?

Similarly, look at these charts. Affirmative action is discrimination, yes. It is an attempt to make things more 'fair' I suppose. Consider that government positions frequently bias hiring towards individuals that served in the military. This too is a form of discrimination. Would you consider this good discrimination?
edit on 0Sun, 05 Apr 2015 00:31:50 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

You see, I can be called a cracker, honkey, and white boy until the cows come home, that's not racist. The new black panther party can sit there in the streets and call for the execution of white babies. That's not a hate crime. But the second a police officer does his job and puts down an animal, it's hands up across the entire nation.

I think you need to re-examine your wording, especially given your objection to the word "managed" earlier.

Anyhow, the problem is complicated. Consider this - schools are parts of school districts, which raise money based on the areas they serve. All things being equal, school districts in poorer areas are going to have less money and so less resources.

Perhaps poorer schools do worse at educating students than richer schools? That might lead to certain advantages on being born in a wealthier area, no?

Similarly, look at these charts. Affirmative action is discrimination, yes. It is an attempt to make things more 'fair' I suppose. Consider that government positions frequently bias hiring towards individuals that served in the military. This too is a form of discrimination. Would you consider this good discrimination?

The man was an animal. Have you seen the security camera? The cop told him to stop. Proceeded to fire and continued to tell him to stop. And then finally put the man down like the animal he was acting like. Basing an opinion on facts is not the same as demanding that an entire race be "managed". But the hands up and "black lives matter but only when killed by a white guy" propaganda is for another thread.

I believe all discrimination to be wrong. As I said, I respect Dr. King probably as much as I respect our founders. I consider the man on the same level. And I believe in his words that people should be judged based on the content of their character. Poverty isn't an excuse. I went to a poor school and dropped out in 11th grade. Do I use it as an excuse? No, I fully own, understand and learn from the mistakes that I made. I don't look for someone or something else to blame. I look right in the damn mirror.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I'm targeting you because you're defending the ridiculous statement. I'm sorry, but it seems you have something against white people. That's fine, I don't care who you like and don't like etc, but at least admit your racism in that regard.

I don't know where you're from (your stats say America), but here in America, if anyone whatsoever made a statement like that publicly and replaced the word "white" with "black" we would have a huge problem. I'm pointing out, as I often do, the pure hypocrisy and tired double-standards continually displayed by the left on a DAILY basis. It truly is OK to be racist as hell against whites, and many, many liberals have proven they are.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't look so deeply into a phrase like "managing whites" before the liberals worked so clearly hard at pointing out over the past couple decades that statements like that toward ANYONE ELSE is totally racist.

edit on 5-4-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

I think it's the connotation. Maybe people take it differently in different areas, because I didn't see a problem with it. All I thought was "manage white people like in Europe? Well, white people run Europe so what do you mean?" I don't know if there's a single non-white prime Minister, Chancellor, or President in Europe. Or major banker, or powerbroker in the European Union, etc.

But to each their own, I guess.

That doesn't make it any more clear. If white people run Europe and the heads of everything are White, then who is managing them??? To be managed implies that you're not on top already, because that would make you the manager, not the managed.

It was clear to me because the vast majority of Europe's populations are other white people. So they're managing themselves. That's why I said I didn't see any problems with it. So when he/she says "managing white people in Europe", it meant nothing to me. Like black people managing black people in Africa. Or Latinos & Latinas managing "Latinos/Latinas" in Latin America. What's the problem?

That's why I said it probably had something to do with the connotation, because I didn't see a problem with it.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I'm targeting you because you're defending the ridiculous statement. I'm sorry, but it seems you have something against white people. That's fine, I don't care who you like and don't like etc, but at least admit your racism in that regard.

I don't know where you're from (your stats say America), but here in America, if anyone whatsoever made a statement like that publicly and replaced the word "white" with "black" we would have a huge problem. I'm pointing out, as I often do, the pure hypocrisy and tired double-standards continually displayed by the left on a DAILY basis. It truly is OK to be racist as hell against whites, and many, many liberals have proven they are.

To be completely honest, I wouldn't look so deeply into a phrase like "managing whites" before the liberals worked so clearly hard at pointing out over the past couple decades that statements like that toward ANYONE ELSE is totally racist.

Cry me a river. I never once said I hate white people. That's a figment of your own imagination. Don't project that crap onto me.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

The man was an animal. Have you seen the security camera? The cop told him to stop. Proceeded to fire and continued to tell him to stop. And then finally put the man down like the animal he was acting like. Basing an opinion on facts is not the same as demanding that an entire race be "managed". But the hands up and "black lives matter but only when killed by a white guy" propaganda is for another thread.

I believe all discrimination to be wrong. As I said, I respect Dr. King probably as much as I respect our founders. I consider the man on the same level. And I believe in his words that people should be judged based on the content of their character. Poverty isn't an excuse. I went to a poor school and dropped out in 11th grade. Do I use it as an excuse? No, I fully own, understand and learn from the mistakes that I made. I don't look for someone or something else to blame. I look right in the damn mirror.

What man do you refer to - John Crawford? He was shot on video, I can't think of another in that unrest that was. Just as you take offense to the term "manage" others might take offense to the term "animal" when describing a human. Do you not understand this? You come across as racist just by using it - same thing with "thug" - because everyone else knows exactly what you mean: a black person.

Anyway, speaking of our founding fathers, did you give a thought to this post with the quote by Thomas Jefferson? The fact of the matter is that discrimination exists. Hell, Conservatives have been rallying recently in support of the freedom of businesses to deny services to individuals - what's that called again? I would say that's discrimination. Why would you blame yourself for going to a poor school? That's not your fault in the slightest.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Cry me a river.

Thanks, you're showing your true colors!

I never once said I hate white people.

You didn't have to.

That's a figment of your own imagination.

So then YOU must be a figment of my imagination, (woah) since YOU wrote what you wrote in defense of a racist statement. Now you can't come up with anything else so, now it's down to the same old insult slinging. Welcome to ATS btw, there is much for you to learn.

Don't project that crap onto me.

And who's the one crying now?

You projected yourself just fine while defending a racist statement.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

So all people cops kill are animals or only the black ones?

And you were on your high horse about a comment about managing white people.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

What man do you refer to - John Crawford? He was shot on video, I can't think of another in that unrest that was. Just as you take offense to the term "manage" others might take offense to the term "animal" when describing a human. Do you not understand this? You come across as racist just by using it - same thing with "thug" - because everyone else knows exactly what you mean: a black person.

Anyway, speaking of our founding fathers, did you give a thought to this post with the quote by Thomas Jefferson? The fact of the matter is that discrimination exists. Hell, Conservatives have been rallying recently in support of the freedom of businesses to deny services to individuals - what's that called again? I would say that's discrimination. Why would you blame yourself for going to a poor school? That's not your fault in the slightest.

When someone is acting like an animal, there's no reason not to call them an animal. But I believe I got the people mixed up, I'm referring to the guy that robbed a store prior to being shot by an officer. The man who was told multiple times to stop. But again, comparing calling a single man an animal based on his own behavior is not the same as saying that an entire race needs to be managed.

As to the freedom of business? It's a direct contradiction to the 1st amendment. You, as a business owner, have the right to deny service to anyone you choose. Just as some people require "shoes, shirt or no service". Refusing to hire or handing a person a job based on their sexual orientation or color would be discrimination. The point being that the free market will dictate what happens to these people, Government isn't needed to place in laws. People that don't agree with the actions of a store owner have the right to boycott.

And I don't blame myself for having to go to the schools I did, I simply don't use it as a crutch or excuse for my own actions.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I see what you did there. Clever!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: STTesc

So all people cops kill are animals or only the black ones?

And you were on your high horse about a comment about managing white people.

You just love your straw mans don't you? I specifically refereed to a single person acting like an animal, not an entire race as our moderator friend did.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Obviously you didn't mean anything by it, but it sounds bad just for future reference.

You manage employees and stuff but anytime you "manage" a race of people, it's not going to go over well.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   

a reply to: MystikMushroom

What you said proves the point that Liberalism is dangerous and more so a cult than anything reasonable.

Oops. You just tipped your hand.

You're an extremist and an absolutist. You're not out to "understand" anything in the discussion, you merely wanted a platform that would let you espouse your very obvious reactionary/regressive agenda while seeming "open-minded."

The words of one individual (even one individual in this thread, much less, one individual IN THE WORLD) "totally convinces you" that "liberalism is a dangerous cult."

I submit, with a minimum of respect, that you've been dishonestly holding out an equanimous position the whole thread, and that you are zealously jumping on the first bandwagon you can that will let you state your REAL beliefs.

You're taking MM's comment UTTERLY out of the context in which they made it, but let's go with it since that's your chosen point of departure.

The demographics of the world are shifting. I know that this makes your guts shrivel but nonetheless, it's happening.

Your LUDICROUS statement that you keep REPEATING like a chant that the straight white male is the MOST DISCRIMINATED against is an empty and blatant lie. PROVE IT. Show how straight white men are treated as second class citizens, or removed from their jobs for no reason, or beaten within an inch of their lives or beyond their life to any degree AT ALL much less MORE THAN ANY OTHER DEMOGRAPHIC.

Until you do that, conclusively, you've made it utterly clear that you're just mouthing the standard right-wing, reactionary dittoheaded chant. Why?

Because you've shown more raw disdain and unfair discrimination for millions of people every time you mouth the word "liberal" than Mystik has in their entire posting history at this site.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Just for some clarity... enlightenedservant isn't the one who made the original statement, he/she has just been the one consistently defending it.

And for the record, I agree with you. I don't believe it was said with racist intent. I do however, believe that if the statement was said regarding any other race, and if it was something said publicly, it would be a huge problem. (therin lies the hypocrisy) I don't see why this is so hard for some people *ahemenlightenedservant* to understand.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Obviously you didn't mean anything by it, but it sounds bad just for future reference.

You manage employees and stuff but anytime you "manage" a race of people, it's not going to go over well.

Ok. But just for the record, it wasn't my comment. So just reminding you of that. Like I said, I didn't see a problem with it. Hence my "My boss manages black people every shift" response (talking about myself) etc.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

That's the second time you've called me an extremist now. Haven't you already apologized for doing that once? I jumped on the statement in question because it honestly pissed me off. Is that so hard to grasp? That I was emotionally invested in a statement that legitimately showed such disregard toward an entire race of people?

This is an 8 page thread, yet I've yet to attack a single person. All while being attacked the entire time. If I'm not an extremist, I'm a racist. Who's tipping the hand here? Because your entire post does nothing but prove my point. That you'd rather go on a witch hunt than argue the position I've taken.

when you decide to stop acting like a child, throwing tantrums and calling people names, feel free to rejoin us. Until then, go sit in the corner.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:21 AM
link   
What if I had said, "administering governance to predominantly Anglo/Caucasian Europeans"?

That statement means the exact same thing as what I actually typed. Their systems of government have had more time on the books dealing with the issues that people of that cultural group struggle with than our own.

You can twist what I said to whatever ends you want, that's your choice. I for one don't have the time to debate semantics, because really that's what this is. This has nothing to do with racism, or me being a racist. If it is, I guess I'm a self-hater and racist against my own ancestors.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep
a reply to: mOjOm

Just for some clarity... enlightenedservant isn't the one who made the original statement, he/she has just been the one consistently defending it.

And for the record, I agree with you. I don't believe it was said with racist intent. I do however, believe that if the statement was said regarding any other race, and if it was something said publicly, it would be a huge problem. I don't see why this is so hard for some people *ahemenlightenedservant* to understand.

Because you keep making it about me. And though this post I'm replying to sounds very civil, your ones at me were flat out calling me racist. Which I'm not. So don't expect me to go along with your crap when you're accusing me of being racist.

And you asked about "managing black people" and I replied to you that "my boss manages black people every shift". You are the one who's getting angry about it & can't see past your own assumptions. I explained several times what I thought the Mod was saying. Before that, they explained it themselves. But you are the one treating it as if we're saying something we're not.

EDIT: Though fo some reason I like this conversation lol
edit on 5-4-2015 by enlightenedservant because: cuz i'm a dork

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

That's the second time you've called me an extremist now. Haven't you already apologized for doing that once? I jumped on the statement in question because it honestly pissed me off. Is that so hard to grasp? That I was emotionally invested in a statement that legitimately showed such disregard toward an entire race of people?

This is an 8 page thread, yet I've yet to attack a single person. All while being attacked the entire time. If I'm not an extremist, I'm a racist. Who's tipping the hand here? Because your entire post does nothing but prove my point. That you'd rather go on a witch hunt than argue the position I've taken.

when you decide to stop acting like a child, throwing tantrums and calling people names, feel free to rejoin us. Until then, go sit in the corner.

I don't know if I'd agree with that, you've devoted quite a bit of attention attacking me and what I said.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join