It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Liberals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: STTesc

So how is the bail out and them shipping the jobs overseas the fault of liberals?

Cause isn't it who is the gov to tell a company what to do with their jobs a d their profit margins line of thought that allowed it?

Not all liberals are after your guns and the money grabbing, true capitalist, Jesse and al do not represent them all either.

I was going to say...they did that due to the lax business laws that the conservative/Republicans insisted were good for capitalism and free market.

Conservative people always loose to progressive people, history generally shows that trend. They (the conservative, old school values people) end up getting dragged kicking and screaming into the future every time.

Ronald Reagan, who many Republicans consider one of our best presidents would be considered a liberal today.

Sorry guys, we're moving forward into the future in a progressive, liberal way. Thanks for the debates though, they keep us from moving forward TO FAST. So, in a way conservative people are needed to prevent progress from happening to rapidly.

America will resemble Europe as it is now in about 50 years, there isn't any way to stop it from happening. Europe has a head start on us on managing "white people". We ought to see what works and what doesn't.

You can't be serious... "managing white people" is progressive?

Can one of you liberal minded folks that I've spoken with and are capable of speaking reason put this guy in his place? Seriously, managing white people? Talk about drinking the koolaid.

And wow you're a mod? Just noticed that. I guess I see how this website leans. Managing white people from a moderator. I have no other words.
edit on 4-4-2015 by STTesc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   

And wow you're a mod? Just noticed that. I guess I see how this website leans. Managing white people from a moderator. I have no other words.

Then you clearly have not been around here long enough.
Mods are members first, they have their opinions are free to voice them just like the rest of us.
ETA: Not even taking what he said in context lol.

Did you ever answer my what liberal policies led to the current state of Detroit?
I'll go check the previous pages and see.
edit on thSat, 04 Apr 2015 22:10:29 -0500America/Chicago420152980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Then you clearly have not been around here long enough.
Mods are members first, they have their opinions are free to voice them just like the rest of us.

Did you ever answer my what liberal policies led to the current state of Detroit?
I'll go check the previous pages and see.

No, hold on, this isn't acceptable. If someone posted about "managing black people" it wouldn't be tolerated. Why is this okay because it's white people? You're actually defending this racist garbage? A moderator just told me that we need to manage white people and you find that acceptable? What happens when people say that Jews need to be managed?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

You need to take a look at context of the thread.
It is being said the progressive/liberal policies is "managing white people" in this thread.

So IMO what mushroom was saying is that Europe is ahead of us in the progressive mind set and used the "managing white people" as a tongue in check comment.

Now is it possible for you to answer the statement you made that Detroit is a liberal utopia and a result liberal policies?

Or gonna dip dodge duck dive and dodge it again?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I don't like it when people paint a bunch of people with the same brush.

Yeah, I'm a liberal. I strongly believe in the second amendment. I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal.

I created a thread awhile back, reminding people of all the things local government does that most people totally take for granted.

I'm a proud 20 year Navy retired veteran. I love my country. Do you think that because I declare myself liberal that I'm some person who hates my country, that I'm not patriotic?

Unbelievable. Please don't paint us all with the same broad brush. We're people.

I will agree to disagree with you.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Detroit Liberal debt policies over decades ran them broke.

Their revenues were steady but they spent like crazy.

Most likely corruption.

Bust started in the 90s

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I've answered your question regarding Detroit, what more do you want?

And no, it wasn't taken out of context. You don't "manage white people" the same as you don't "manage Jews". You know what happens when you "manage Jews"? They end up in ovens.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

All you said was that it was the dems elected there, I asked what were the polices, specifically liberal, that were caused the need for the bailout and then the shipment of the jobs.
Since you said it was their policies that made it what it is today.

No one is talking about killing people at this point but you so think what you want.
I read it differently then you, if you have issue with the comment report it and it will be seen by the other mods.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I suppose I should have used the word "Caucasian" instead of white. Caucasian European people colonized North America, and founded it's government. They've had systems of government for these said people in existence longer than the United States. The dominant ethnicity, historically, in Europe has been "white" or Caucasian. I am pointing out that they've had more experience managing these this ethnicity of people (of whom many of our ancestors were as immigrants).

I can see this is an emotionally charged subject, so I'll just keep to myself from now on about it. I may be on the staff here, but as already pointed out -- I am a member first. I'm allowed to have my own opinions. We have all sorts of folks on the staff here with all kinds of beliefs and political leanings.

Also "managing" doesn't mean rounding up people in cages. It means governing. It means creating social policies to manage the public and ward off chaos. It appears you are taking what I said out of context.
edit on 4-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ya cause borrowing money is totally a liberal only policy!

Laughable at best.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
And for the record, I "manage" people at my job during the week. They don't end up in cages, chains, or in ovens. Any job you work at you are being "managed" by the supervisors and executives.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

White wasn't the word that bothered me. Manage, as if we're some sort of animal, was the word that bothered me. It doesn't matter what color I am, I'm a free human being. I am not a domesticated dog to be managed. And I'll be god damned if I'll be rounded up and thrown in an oven under this "Liberal" Fascism. The United States didn't fight through 2 world wars to have her people adopt the same bull# mentality that we bled and died for. There is no taking "manage white people" out of context. What you said proves the point that Liberalism is dangerous and more so a cult than anything reasonable.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
I was going to say...they did that due to the lax business laws that the conservative/Republicans insisted were good for capitalism and free market.

Clinton signed NAFTA and the progressives cheered wildly. Furthermore, the Democrats focused most of their energies on rigorous regulations restricting business and on empowering unions to the point where America's manufacturing industry HAD to jump ship as national protectionist policies were relaxed. It is fundamentally impossible to have free trade, open borders and strong labor protection laws and strong development regulations. This is telling industry "Bend over with your head against the wall so your face hits those bricks when we kick you in the ass." Nobody in their right mind would remain for that treatment when there are open doors to run out of.

Conservative people always loose to progressive people, history generally shows that trend. They (the conservative, old school values people) end up getting dragged kicking and screaming into the future every time.

It's difficult to beat the Meal Ticket when half the voter base's entitlements, income, and welfare depend on them remaining in power... It is doubly hard to do when we allow more and more loosely regulated immigration to enter the country, upsetting the balance of things. If we saw doctors, lawyers, and engineers making up the majority of immigrants, we'd see conservatism prevailing because again (wall, face, boot, ass) people appreciate keeping the product of their gainful employment. Sooner or later the gravy train will derail, the US will be broke, and society will awaken to the shocking reality that is "Either earn it yourself, or go without it." On a local level, the state of Alaska is about to learn that lesson itself very, very soon...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc

White wasn't the word that bothered me. Manage, as if we're some sort of animal, was the word that bothered me. It doesn't matter what color I am, I'm a free human being. I am not a domesticated dog to be managed. And I'll be god damned if I'll be rounded up and thrown in an oven under this "Liberal" Fascism. The United States didn't fight through 2 world wars to have her people adopt the same bull# mentality that we bled and died for. There is no taking "manage white people" out of context. What you said proves the point that Liberalism is dangerous and more so a cult than anything reasonable.

So a department store "manager" is a racist serial killer? Or an assistant "manager" at McDonald's is racist Nazi? Interesting. I didn't know that...

Though if you're going to keep painting "liberals" like that, I have a question for you. America's neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation are right wing groups. So how do you feel about them in conservative circles? Do you accept them as fellow conservatives or do you shun them? This is a serious question, btw

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

So a department store "manager" is a racist serial killer? Or an assistant "manager" at McDonald's is racist Nazi? Interesting. I didn't know that...

Though if you're going to keep painting "liberals" like that, I have a question for you. America's neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation are right wing groups. So how do you feel about them in conservative circles? Do you accept them as fellow conservatives or do you shun them? This is a serious question, btw

Do you have a problem with the black panthers and La raza being left wing?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   

That general sentiment regarding the "white people" and how to "manage" them is a huge racist issue that is clearly progressing. Forget all the stuff about America's founders etc...

Here's the entire paragraph "in context".

America will resemble Europe as it is now in about 50 years, there isn't any way to stop it from happening. Europe has a head start on us on managing "white people". We ought to see what works and what doesn't.

I sure hope we don't "progress" the way Europe has. One does have to wonder how Aisia "manages" all the Asian people in China, or Japan, or Myanmar or etc....I wonder how they "manage" those black people in all those African countries?

Never mind the fact that Europe has been facing huge immigration problems due to their wonderful "multi-culturalism". I've seen countless members from the U.K. right here on ATS explaining the true horror of it all. It's not working out well there at all, regardless of how the leaders in Europe try to portray it as lolipops and rainbows.
edit on 4-4-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

America's neo-Nazis and Aryan Nation are right wing groups. So how do you feel about them in conservative circles? Do you accept them as fellow conservatives or do you shun them? This is a serious question, btw

No, no it is not a serious question. Look, the POTUS was close personal friends with members of the defunct terrorist group Weather Underground. I've never heard him openly decry Bill Ayers or the rest of the inner circle of Chicago WU alumni. Again, as I threw at you in another thread where you got stuck in this groove: Robert Byrd.

Assholes, even really, really violent and detestable assholes are prolific in all political circles. We don't need to go on witch hunts for Aryans at the voting polls because chances are the few that vote are casting their votes for guys like David Duke and John Taylor Bowles, not whoever the GOP is running out on election day. There's nothing to shun because they aren't members of the GOP/Conservatives/Libertarian side of politics.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

It's because, at the end of the day, there is a real hatred towards white people in the world. And that hatred is starting to make it's way into Europe and America. The fact is, the most discriminated against person in the Western world is the Christian, straight white male. There's a reason why "only white people are racist", it's because it's the only race being targeted.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Do you have a problem with the black panthers and La raza being left wing?

I loved the original Black Panthers because they built schools in African American communities (when Integration was failing). They stopped police brutality on citizens in African American communities (today's police brutality is nothing compared to how it was in the 1960's). And they fought for equal civil rights for African Americans, particularly 2nd Amendment gun rights. In fact, Ronald Reagan was the California Governor during that time & he pushed gun control legislation specifically because the California chapters of the Black Panthers marched on the State Capitol (sorry 2nd Amendment activists, the Black Panthers did it earlier :p). Today's "Black Panthers" have nothing to do with that group so I don't acknowledge them.

I have no clue who La Raza is so I have no opinion on them.

I answered you, so now it's your turn. How you do you feel about America's Neo-Nazis & Aryan Nation in conservative circles? Do you accept them as fellow conservatives or do you shun them? And if you don't shun them, why are you so outraged by the mod who said "managing" when actual neo-Nazis are in America right now?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChiefD

I don't like it when people paint a bunch of people with the same brush.

Yeah, I'm a liberal. I strongly believe in the second amendment. I'm fiscally conservative, socially liberal.

I created a thread awhile back, reminding people of all the things local government does that most people totally take for granted.

I'm a proud 20 year Navy retired veteran. I love my country. Do you think that because I declare myself liberal that I'm some person who hates my country, that I'm not patriotic?

Unbelievable. Please don't paint us all with the same broad brush. We're people.

I will agree to disagree with you.

It's for this reason that I hate the labels that get used all the time. You're a great example of how people are more complex than their labels and to simply judge them by a title you end up marginalizing the rest of what that person is. I know many self titled "Liberals" just like you but because they choose the title of "Liberal" they get pushed in to this class of "Pinko Commie's" which is such BS. If fact I think a lot more people are like you than anyone realizes just because of the title they choose to wear.

I think most people are actually, Social-Liberal, Fiscal-Conservative with the label sometimes as "Liberal" or "Conservative" interchanged but their principles are the same they just don't realize it. I think this is usually a good mix when applied honestly. But the labels we choose for ourselves makes us enemies of those who choose different labels which is counter productive.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join