It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Liberals?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

Many people secretly want to control other humans. I don't know why, though.

Conservatives do it too, though.

Nazi Christians like to use law to legislate morality, too.
edit on 4-4-2015 by LewsTherinThelamon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

So ignore my question on how it was the fault of liberals for the bail out and shipment overseas...

Barry is FAR from a liberal regardless of what Mr. Jones says, I guess you could say he is a LINO.

And yes bring up petty things like who was invited to the whitehouse, like that really matters.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
intrptr, Jude and stremmos have given pretty salient truths as to what is wrong. These huge Corps monopolise everything..including you.

The attack of the T in my name happens again!

But yes, spot on simple answer right there.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

So ignore my question on how it was the fault of liberals for the bail out and shipment overseas...

Barry is FAR from a liberal regardless of what Mr. Jones says, I guess you could say he is a LINO.

And yes bring up petty things like who was invited to the whitehouse, like that really matters.

Hold on, I specifically state that this is not an all liberal issue and you turn around and use Alex Jones in my signature as a straw man? And since when is inviting a former drug dealer that call women bitches to the white house not a big deal?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: xuenchen
The ones shouting the loudest never solve the problems, in fact the poverty and high crime keep getting worse despite the increased funding of programs.

Americas crime rates have been dropped significantly since the nineties.

Just I'd clear that up.

Never trust wide spread "averages". They always miss the point.

I bet Liberal voting pockets have an increase. If so, who was responsible for the decrease?

America’s most violent cities reveal failures of liberal policies

The Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) just released its annual list of the 20 most dangerous cities in which to live. The results are not pretty. The FBI ranks cities with a population of over 100,000 based upon the prevalence of violent crime within the city limits; crimes including rape, murder, aggravated robbery and aggravated assault. The report shows that, overall, crime is down across the United States and is currently at a five-year low. That is the good news.

The bad news is that the cities on this list are all facing an increase in the incidence of violent crime and are facing, on average, violent crime numbers approaching five times the national average. The worst city, Flint, Michigan, had 2,337 violent crimes in 2012, closely followed by Detroit, Michigan with 2,137 (including almost 400 murders). While not contained in the recently released FBI numbers, there are several one common features of these cities. First, with very few exceptions, almost all of these failing cities are being run by Democrats. In fact, seventeen of the twenty worst American crime spots are run by Democratic mayors. Two others have Independent mayors. Just one of the top twenty worst American cities, number 17 Miami, is run by a Republican mayor.

Four cities constantly vie for the “honor” of being the very most violent city in the nation; Flint, Detroit, St. Louis and Oakland, California. All four have been run by Democrats for years.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I got most of my philosophy from the Beatitudes, guess that makes me a liberal by the responses of what a liberal is. Especially the one about showing mercy. I might need it in return one day.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

How Is Detroit the shining example of liberalism?

Do you know the history of Detroit?

Yes prettyuch nothing but dems elected for decades.

It is the liberal paradise they always dremt of.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Can you please just answer the question of why Detroit is a liberal utopia and the result of liberal policies?

And you specifically state in your OP that it is a liberal issue.

Also I could care less who he invites to a dinner. It is not like he is letting that person do their job for them.

That former drug dealer is also the epitome of capitalism.

Some people understand that those singers do and say things just to sell cd's.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
This thread is the epitome of political trolling and baiting. Not worthy of ATS.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

And who dismantled they auto industry?

Was it all them?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greven

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: Greven

I saw a great article on that I will link you. It had 12 unspoken rules for being a liberal. Here's number three it's my personal favorite.

12 unspoken rules for being a liberal.

That's actually quite a bad article.

I'll let you in on a little secret: the founders of the United States called themselves liberals.

So did the KKK.

Oh but the parties switched right?

Sure they did!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

So does it mean your a liberal?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
Honestly? That America is bad or wrong. That religion is bad. The white male is bad. And that flooding the border with illegals is okay. That we shouldn't even have a border because "it's racist". That every cent of our tax dollars should go to public housing and food stamps. That hand outs are the norm, nobody should work because the Government takes care of you. That only "officials" should be armed because we're all too stupid to defend ourselves. That the nanny state needs to dictate to us how big our sodas are and what our kids eat at school. That common core is a good thing and our savior to the failing education system that was brought on by the same do gooders that now push this crap. That Detroit is the utopia.

Oh, my GOD! No wonder you don't like your idea of "liberals" LOL! You have been hoodwinked by Alex Jones and Michael Savage. I am mostly considered liberal and I disagree with EVERY statement above. I feel sorry for you for believing what the right-wing media has told you... There is probably a small percentage of liberals who believe SOME of what you've posted, but FAR more have a much more logical and realistic view of things, just as many real conservatives do.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Can you please just answer the question of why Detroit is a liberal utopia and the result of liberal policies?

And you specifically state in your OP that it is a liberal issue.

Also I could care less who he invites to a dinner. It is not like he is letting that person do their job for them.

That former drug dealer is also the epitome of capitalism.

Some people understand that those singers do and say things just to sell cd's.

Who's in charge of Detroit? Who ran it into the ground? Was it Republicans? Because all I see are states like Florida and Texas that are Republican and Chicago, LA, Detroit and NY with Democrats. What's the difference in these cities? Is Florida restricting soda? Is Texas a warzone like Detroit? This is what Liberals produce. And then they disarm the population so that only the thugs and criminals are armed.

And it matters who the man invites to dinner when his guests are calling people bitches and selling drugs. It wouldn't be an issue if Obama wasn't on about women's rights while actively supporting a war on drugs. It's hypocrisy and he is the President. You don't surround yourself with thugs and scum as the President, it makes you look like an idiot to the rest of the world.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Honestly? That America is bad or wrong. That religion is bad. The white male is bad. And that flooding the border with illegals is okay. That we shouldn't even have a border because "it's racist". That every cent of our tax dollars should go to public housing and food stamps. That hand outs are the norm, nobody should work because the Government takes care of you. That only "officials" should be armed because we're all too stupid to defend ourselves. That the nanny state needs to dictate to us how big our sodas are and what our kids eat at school. That common core is a good thing and our savior to the failing education system that was brought on by the same do gooders that now push this crap. That Detroit is the utopia.

Oh, my GOD! No wonder you don't like your idea of "liberals" LOL! You have been hoodwinked by Alex Jones and Michael Savage. I am mostly considered liberal and I disagree with EVERY statement above. I feel sorry for you for believing what the right-wing media has told you... There is probably a small percentage of liberals who believe SOME of what you've posted, but FAR more have a much more logical and realistic view of things, just as many real conservatives do.

Maybe you can explain to me why New York bans soda? How about why the Government wants to dictate what kids eat in school? Can you explain to me why either issue is any of the Government's damn business? I keep being told I've been brainwashed but the people telling this to me won't specify how. Why do Liberals keep trying to take away our 2nd amendment? Why is questioning Liberals "trolling"? See the above guy up there that called the thread trolling? It's called silencing the blasphemer!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
This thread is the epitome of political trolling and baiting. Not worthy of ATS.

That's right, how dare I question Liberals! This is not worthy! I am not worthy! I am a heretic and blasphemer! HEIL HITLER!

o/

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   

What do you think these liberals/progressives believe?

Criticism of the US is not wrong or bad - it's our right and our duty in order to 'form a more perfect union'.

Religion can be bad or good.

The white male can be very bad or good.

We the People (government) should (if you believe in charity) provide for those members going though hard times and that are old and infirm. Or does your good-religion teach otherwise.

Every cent of our tax dollars don't go to public housing and food stamps (I'd much rather pay for lots more of that then endless wars of aggression).

Handouts (charity again) to people are bad but massive handouts to Big Businesses are good? A bit contradictory - don't ya think.

Everyone should be armed - really?

Without your 'nanny state' we'd have no regulations on nuclear power leaks, or toxic waste dumping, our cars would be unsafe, and our children poisoned by Big Business. And YES - WE ARE TOO IGNORANT to protect ourselves.

Common Core is a dud - agreed. But hey, it's free market education at it's best.

And who is saying Detroit is a utopia.

WTF is wrong with 'regressives'? FEAR as sole motivator, is what's wrong.

I wanted to add this link:

www.nsfwcorp.com...

The title is: "When Congress Busted Milton Friedman (and Libertarianism Was Created By Big Business Lobbyists"

edit on 4-4-2015 by FyreByrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Why is questioning Liberals "trolling"?

It's not, but have you read Greathouse's posts?

e: Let me elucidate:

a reply to: Greven

I saw a great article on that I will link you. It had 12 unspoken rules for being a liberal. Here's number three it's my personal favorite.

12 unspoken rules for being a liberal.

That's actually quite a bad article.

I'll let you in on a little secret: the founders of the United States called themselves liberals.

If it's such a bad article why did you just follow rule number two?

'Rule #2' from that article:

You exempt yourself from your attacks on America:
Ever notice that liberals don't include themselves in their attacks on America? When they say, "This is a racist country," or ",This is a mean country," they certainly aren't referring to themselves or people who hold their views. Even though liberals supported the KKK, slaughtering the Indians, and putting the Japanese in internment camps, when they criticize those things, it's meant as an attack on everyone else EXCEPT LIBERALS. The only thing a liberal believes he can truly do wrong is to be insufficiently liberal.

See me attacking America in that post that he alleges follows that 'rule' - anywhere? I even asked where I had attacked America, and he accused me of using tactics based in emotion and not reading this 'rule' that he cites.

Yet his post gets multiple stars; quite hilarious, really.
edit on 16Sat, 04 Apr 2015 16:33:21 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago4 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Maybe you can explain to me why New York bans soda?

That's called a talking point. Something you're CLEARLY familiar with. New York has NOT banned soda. That's RIDICULOUS!

How about why the Government wants to dictate what kids eat in school?

Again, another talking point. Kids can bring WHATEVER they want to school. The government-sponsored schools decide what to serve, which I agree should meet a standard of healthy food.

I keep being told I've been brainwashed but the people telling this to me won't specify how.

Maybe you should listen to them...

Why do Liberals keep trying to take away our 2nd amendment?

People are going to TRY things. That doesn't mean that liberals (generally) ALL agree. I'm a proponent of the second amendment.

You have an idea in your head about what a liberal it and it's just VERY convoluted! If you're not willing to step away from the extreme right-wing media and entertain the idea that not everything is as cut and dried as you seem to think, I really can't help you. If you think liberals believe the stuff you have attributed to them, it's YOUR job to find out why people say you're brainwashed. It's not MY job to tell you how.
edit on 4/4/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   

You are still not showing how it was liberal policies that did it.

It is not secret that it was the auto industry that kept Detroit going.
So can you show how it was liberals and liberals alone that were the cause of them going under and then after getting bailed out shipping the jobs over seas?

Yes they had primarily democratic leadership, but democrat does not automatically equal liberal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join