It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Liberals?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: STTesc

Have you read the description of this particular forum that you've chosen to post in?

Mud Pit Rules and Guidelines

I did not choose to post here. I was moved here.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

They don't have to write messages they don't agree with. Just to provide them with the same service as they would everyone else.

You need to step away from the themes and messages.

We are talking people being denied the basic services the shop offers.
edit on thMon, 06 Apr 2015 16:20:43 -0500America/Chicago420154380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: STTesc
People that identify as homosexual make up less than 1% of the entire world's population. Compared to 1% of 7 billion, how many business' identify themselves as bakeries?

Solution: Find a new bakery.

They shouldn't have to find a new bakery...that is the entire point.

Pick out a trait of yours...any trait...lets say your religion, because that is a choice as you claim being gay is a choice.

Should you be denied service anywhere because of the choice of your religion?

I'm just saying there are more bakeries in the world than there are homosexuals. And it wouldn't really bother me, I'd go spend my money elsewhere.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Perhaps if you thought of them as "American citizens" rather than "homosexuals" you'd see where some folks are coming from more clearly.

That would require some empathy though ...

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

In that case I'd say the bakery was wrong. If there was nothing differing the product from one the bakery would gladly sell to someone else, then the discrimination is purely focused on the individuals or group. Per my second example, if they were ordering a typical wedding cake then it could have just as easily been for a straight couple's wedding.

link   

Perhaps if you thought of them as "American citizens" rather than "homosexuals" you'd see where some folks are coming from more clearly.

I did mention the world, right? Not just America. Is everyone an American citizen... nevermind, don't answer that.

link   

Have you read the description of this particular forum that you've chosen to post in?

It is what it is.

Tell me, do you really feel like you're the victim here as you indicated above?

That you've just been trying to have decent debates with folks, and all you've gotten in return is being called names?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

Glad we can agree there.
I'll even star ya.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Speaking of cakes and discrimination, another case was decided recently:

Denver's Azucar Bakery wins right to refuse to make anti-gay cakes

The dispute began March 13, 2014 when Jack went to the bakery at 1886 S. Broadway and requested two cakes shaped like bibles. He asked that one cake have the image of two groomsmen holding hands in front of a cross with a red "X" over them. He asked that the cake be decorated with the biblical verses, "God hates sin. Psalm 45:7" and "Homosexuality is a detestable sin. Leviticus 18:2", according to the Civil Rights Divisions' decision.

Marjorie Silva, the owner of the bakery, told Jack that she would make him the bible-shaped cakes, but would not decorate them with the biblical verses and the image of the groomsmen that he requested. Instead, she offered to provide him with icing and a pastry bag so he could write or draw whatever messages he wished on the cakes.

Silva told the civil rights agency that she also told Jack her bakery "does not discriminate" and "accept[s] all humans."

Herein is an issue; Silva did not agree with his message and so refused to put it on his cake. She did not discriminate against Jack's beliefs, but refused to agree with his speech.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

It is what it is.

Tell me, do you really feel like you're the victim here as you indicated above?

That you've just been trying to have decent debates with folks, and all you've gotten in return is being called names?

No, but I do feel that you hate white people and refuse to admit that you're actually a Libertarian but you don't want to be identified as such because you think all Republicans are racist old white men.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Greven

Perfect example, still sold him the product, but didn't have to write the message.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

a reply to: kruphix

The problem is you view your ideology as evolution. It's not simply what you agree with, it's demanding that everyone adapt said ideals because Liberalism = evolution.

You make a point I have been trying to articulate myself for some time. I think some people who call themselves "liberal" don't understand that liberal is not synonymous with evolutionary progress. Sometimes it is actually going backward. The misunderstanding comes because of stereotypical language.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I did mention the world, right? Not just America. Is everyone an American citizen... nevermind, don't answer that.

Oh I'll be glad to answer it.

No everyone is not an American citizen. It is a priviledge and an honor in my opinion to be an American.

So you meant to compare the number of actual bakeries in the world with the number of actual homosexuals?

Let's see, even if we used your spurious figure of 1% of the population that would give us 70 million homosexuals.

So, there's more than 70 million bakeries in the world?

Hmmm. Seems there are only around 8,800 bakeries in the US. Bakery Industry Overview

That would mean that there are 69,991,200 bakeries in the rest of the world?

Where are they all?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

No everyone is not an American citizen. It is a priviledge and an honor in my opinion to be an American.

So you meant to compare the number of actual bakeries in the world with the number of actual homosexuals?

Let's see, even if we used your spurious figure of 1% of the population that would give us 70 million homosexuals.

Hmmm. Seems there are only around 8,800 bakeries in the US. Bakery Industry Overview

Where are they all?

Pakistan.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

a reply to: kruphix

The problem is you view your ideology as evolution. It's not simply what you agree with, it's demanding that everyone adapt said ideals because Liberalism = evolution.

You make a point I have been trying to articulate myself for some time. I think some people who call themselves "liberal" don't understand that liberal is not synonymous with evolutionary progress. Sometimes it is actually going backward. The misunderstanding comes because of stereotypical language.

So, you're the only one that understands what people really mean when they describe themselves?

Sounds more than a little elitist to me.

Not to mention, arrogant.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

What part of "I think" do you NOT understand?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

It's okay, he just hates us because we're white.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

I understand it fine, do you?

For example: I THINK you have quite a high opinion of yourself if you THINK you're the only one that understands what the world liberal means when applied to political ideology.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Personal attack and race card?

Hmmmmm thought you didn't like the use of those?

Think I rolled around in this mud long enough.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Where are they all?

Pakistan.

There aren't 69 million plus bakeries in Pakistan, silly. Bakery in Pakistan

So, where are they? Even with your minsicule percentage of population number, there aren't more bakeries than homosexuals in the world.

So, were you ignorant of the facts, or were you intentionally misrepresenting the truth?

You're asking for greater respect and credibility here ... what's the answer?

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join