It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Liberals?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: STTesc

How about you show some #ing respect?

Woooow.
You should heed your own words.

Should I? For the past 24 hours I've been called every name under the sun. And honesty, I'm sick of the bull#. You don't want a proper debate, because when it comes time to explain your hypocrisy or why you continue to attack people, you pull the race card. You people are literally mentally disturbed. Just dropped on your head as a child. I have no other words to describe the endless circle jerk that has occurred via the tribal-like mentality that plagues the liberal mind. I've shown respect and I'm not going to continue to put up with people telling me I'm scum because I'm white. ##SNIPPED##
edit on Mon Apr 6 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: vulgarity is not allowed in the MUD PIT or anywhere on ATS

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I have pulled the race card?

I haven't said anything, and I would say you are taking things topersonally. Your whole OP is an attack on people, and you wonder why you were met with the same tactics?

You are not scum cause you are white, if some one said that they are wrong. I maybe missed a couple post bur don't think people said that.

My point was you just basically said it was white people that civilized this world, if that wasn't your point then I apologize but if it was, you may want to fact check that.

While they have done some good things, all cultures have made this world what it is today, both good and bad.

Possible to respond with out calling me mentally ill?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Hmm... perhaps you should read this.

This post seems awfully similar to a collapsing outer narrative.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: neveroddoreven99

What is your obsession with nambla?

Did the couple ask for a gay cake or just a wedding cake when they were denied?
Simple question.
edit on thMon, 06 Apr 2015 15:51:14 -0500America/Chicago420151480 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thMon, 06 Apr 2015 15:56:36 -0500America/Chicago420153680 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Let's take a discrimination quiz!

Who could potentially be refused to have a cake made with a message on it that contradicts a baker's specific religious values?
a) a homesexual
b) a heterosexual
c) an asexual martian
d) all of the above

Who is allowed to purchase a cake using themes or slogans a baker does not feel conflicts with his/her religious values?
a) a homesexual
b) a heterosexual
c) an asexual martian
d) all of the above

The answer to both questions is D. No one person or group of people are being discriminated against, simply particular messages that happen to conflict with the owner's personal religious, and constitutionally protected, faith. But I look forward to your picture of the NAMBLA cake you requested and found someone to bake for you. I mean, that would shut me up pretty quick. However, you would have to explain to the baker what NAMBLA is. Then ,of course, alert the media and take them to court. Because your argument is sincere, right? Pedophiles shouldn't be discriminated against either.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

It is a simple question! Feel free to answer it before throwing stones!
If the answer is that they wanted the same type of wedding cake the bakery would sell to anyone, and they were declined due to their sexuality, then yes... the bakery is very clearly wrong. If the couple wanted the cake tailored to celebrate something that specifically contradicts the baker's religious beliefs, and then complained when they were refused, then the engaged couple is wrong. I'm not obsessed with NAMBLA. It's a legitimate organization that no one in their right mind would support, full of members who would very likely argue they were born that way and, as such, should also not be discriminated against in any way shape or form. I'm just trying to point out how stupid of an argument that is.
edit on 6-4-2015 by neveroddoreven99 because: imcompletely answered the question previously

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   
People that identify as homosexual make up less than 1% of the entire world's population. Compared to 1% of 7 billion, how many business' identify themselves as bakeries?

Solution: Find a new bakery.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No nambla is not a protected class, it is not sexual orientation, their's is preference. Orientation is not preference. Though marrying young women isn't all the frowned upon in the bible.

I don't agree with anything they stand for just dont see what they have to do with what is being discussed.

You are trying to equate the lbgt community to theirs, classic and tiresome move.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh, so some sexual orientations are choices and some aren't? I'm learning so much. It's weird, because there's really no scientific evidence supporting that homosexuality isn't a choice either. But whatever, right? I thought sexual orientation was something you were born with, but I guess you can cherry pick. I'm not comparing in any other sense than that. It's not like I equate homosexuality to pedophilia, that's just a conclusion you jumped to. Since you're obviously the authority can you post a list of what sexual orientations are choices and which ones aren't?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

I am no authority but I thank your for the admiration.

It is rather simple, being attracted to men, women or both is an orientation.

What attracts you within the gender is a preference.

Like women or men with blonde hair, or the age or body type.

If you are straight did you choose to be so?
Do you just choose you not like the same gender as your self?

If it is a choice to be gay then it is a choice to be straight.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

So people are born gay? There are 6 month old babies that are homosexual? I'm just trying to understand what ultimately leads to the refusal of a wedding cake.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I get that logic. You'll also kindly notice that I answer all of your questions. Still waiting to have that quiz returned. But I don't know if I was born a certain way, or at some magical moment made a choice. I thought girls were cross when I was six, and then later I didn't. So maybe a choice? Who knows, there's really not enough scientific evidence for me to say one way or the other.
Though I have wondered, and this is a bit off-topic, if it was decided that sexuality was nature rather than nurture, then they must also be able to to identify and isolate the responsible gene. If that were the case and parents made the choice to not have a gay child, would the same people who support that sort of thing now still be cool with it? Obviously it's hypothetical, so there's no right or wrong answer if you chose to address it... I just thought about that the last time I researched the subject, which was probably a year ago or so. I'm not aware of any scientific breakthroughs since, but there was no significant evidence at that time.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc

So people are born gay? There are 6 month old babies that are homosexual? I'm just trying to understand what ultimately leads to the refusal of a wedding cake.

There are 6 month old babies that are heterosexual?

News to me; how exactly did you discover that fact?

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The people above told me that people are born gay. So that means there are gay babies. And then no wedding cake.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I don't think there are any 6 month olds with an orientation that is quite ridiculous
Now once they hit puberty or just mature really and start to get those attractions I don't think it is a choice then.

Did you just one day make a decision that you will be straight?

What lead to the refusal was that the lady knwe the man was asking for a cake for a wedding of two men. It is my understanding it was not a request for a cake that glorified gay marriage, just a normal cake.

link   

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: LOSTinAMERICA
Liberals are a sad people who are miserable. We all know that misery loves company. Add that with trying to feel relevant because the media told them what to think and we have the sorry liberal. They don't know how to mind their own business. Their morals are all find and dandy until they have to live by them.

Hi there...I'm a Liberal, pretty damn happy too.

You know who are usually unhappy...those that rant against other groups of people...kind of like you and the OP.

Ok, you can be happy without pushing your ideologies down others throats.

That's is unless you get your jollies pissing people off doing so. I can see a sociopath getting happy about that.

Expecting people to evolve with society is not pushing ideologies down others throats...it is a simple fact of growing.

Most people don't need a law anymore to tell them certain things...like don't discriminate against others based on race, gender, or religion. But there are still those that refuse to evolve with society, and then laws are necessary to let these people know that their thinking and behavior is out of date.

I would love for us to not have to have any laws...and just expect people to act like adults...but apparently that is too much to ask.

link   

Have you read the description of this particular forum that you've chosen to post in?

Mud Pit Rules and Guidelines

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

The people above told me that people are born gay. So that means there are gay babies. And then no wedding cake.

You sidestepped the question. Are there straight babies? How did you determine that?

link   

People that identify as homosexual make up less than 1% of the entire world's population. Compared to 1% of 7 billion, how many business' identify themselves as bakeries?

Solution: Find a new bakery.

They shouldn't have to find a new bakery...that is the entire point.

Pick out a trait of yours...any trait...lets say your religion, because that is a choice as you claim being gay is a choice.

Should you be denied service anywhere because of the choice of your religion?

link   
a reply to: kruphix

The problem is you view your ideology as evolution. It's not simply what you agree with, it's demanding that everyone adapt said ideals because Liberalism = evolution.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join