It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's wrong with Liberals?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Can we take a show of hands, who here thinks I've done that?

Of course you haven't. Certain members here are seizing on any miniscule element they think they can blow up to justify their nutty political agenda.

Notice the absolute lack of proof for any of their wild claims.

Notice the absolute lack of evidence for what they say we're saying.

This is grade-school level silliness.

(post by Wookiep removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

You actually believe that? That black people can't be racist because you think they have no power to change anything?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

My party? Have I once in this thread said I was registered as a Democrat? Now I'm apparently a registered Democrat, that's news to me. I just looked at my voter registration card and it says "I" as in "independent".

I don't think an official from the Nigerian government would be the only one to "get away" with saying the phrase "managing black people". That's reaching too, from your end.

Every single conservative person I know (and I know a lot, Sarah Palin lives just up the road in Wasilla) hates excessive political correctness, and I'm seeing nothing but a hypersensitivity to political correctness from self-described conservative people in this thread. I'm kind of confused.
edit on 5-4-2015 by MystikMushroom because: had to change people to person, whoops!

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Can we take a show of hands, who here thinks I've done that?

Of course you haven't. Certain members here are seizing on any miniscule element they think they can blow up to justify their nutty political agenda.

Notice the absolute lack of proof for any of their wild claims.

Notice the absolute lack of evidence for what they say we're saying.

This is grade-school level silliness.

Sounds a lot like what Liberals do, huh?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Aren't most Progressives "WHOITE" as are most Conservatives??..so why the Blk man popped up in these conversations...oooh because they recognize who are more likely to disenfranchise them and thus side accordingly, same with Gays,Hispanics,Asians,Native Americans, women etc.

Haven't you heard, Spider? WHITE STRAIGHT CHRISTIAN MEN are the MOST DISCRIMINATED GROUP in America?

Let's ignore the fact that they hold 99% of the wealth and political power in this country.

Let's ignore facts altogether and sputter inane snippets from the rightstream media.

Let's ineptly try to attack anyone that points out our dishonesty and empty rhetoric.

LOL ... it's a joke man. It's comedy.

Too bad it ain't funny.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
I could make a thread and titled it whats wrong with Conservatives, I can throw around buzz words to make one feel queasy

Think I beat you to it

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

What if George Bush said what you said, about "managing blacks"? Not whites. Be honest for once, stop with all the other BS. I don't care about the other nonsense you said.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: STTesc

Not at all, but here's your chance:

Prove anything you've claimed here.

Quote my attacks and insults. Quote your statistics and evidence for white straight Christian men being the most discriminated against.

I know you can't and you know you can't because you're not telling the truth.

But you keep on trying to make it about me or about liberals ... your song-and-dance doesn't cut it around here.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It is pretty funny isn't it? I wish John Stewart was an ATS reader, I bet he'd be slapping his knee right now.

I'm surprised the memes haven't started to come out yet -- you know, the snappy sayings with pictures? Usually when an open dialogue devolves into semantic-parsing those become the weapon of choice.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: STTesc
a reply to: Aazadan

You actually believe that? That black people can't be racist because you think they have no power to change anything?

No, I don't. I think it's an important consideration in terms of the impact racism has but I don't think it's the only metric to use, we can say that it's more important for whites to not be racist than blacks but that doesn't mean they can't be racists. I'm simply answering your question on racism, why so many liberals find it impossible for a minority to be racist and why there's such a disconnect. It's because the definition of racism that you're each using is different.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I could see Bush saying that. Good example actually since he was a conservative. I could see the following being said:

"Mr. Roberts is a man to be commended, he's done a remarkable job in managing black people in inner city Detroit, helping them establish outreach programs to empower black youth".

I don't see anything racist or sensationalistic about that.

link   

Not at all, but here's your chance:

Prove anything you've claimed here.

Quote my attacks and insults. Quote your statistics and evidence for white straight Christian men being the most discriminated against.

I know you can't and you know you can't because you're not telling the truth.

But you keep on trying to make it about me or about liberals ... your song-and-dance doesn't cut it around here.

I've already explained my stance in this thread, you simply refuse to acknowledge it. But I do find it hilarious that you're so upset when the same tactics Liberals use on a daily basis are being used against you. Why do Liberals hate Christians? Why do Liberals hate men and white people? Why do Liberals want to control my soda consumption? Why did Liberals ruin Detroit? Why? That's the reason I started this thread, I had these questions. How about YOU answer MY questions?

link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yada yada empty leading question ... yada yada veiled insult.

You can't and haven't proven a single claim you've made.

Until you do, or at least attempt to do so, you've just slid down beyond my notice.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I could see Bush saying that. Good example actually since he was a conservative. I could see the following being said:

"Mr. Roberts is a man to be commended, he's done a remarkable job in managing black people in inner city Detroit, helping them establish outreach programs to empower black youth".

I don't see anything racist or sensationalistic about that.

HAHA BS. Pure BS. That isn't the context you put it in. How about in the context of an ENTIRE nation, not some inner city predominantly black neighborhood in Detroit.

link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Well thank God! It's hard attempting to communicate with that which refuses to read.

link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

What if George Bush said what you said, about "managing blacks"? Not whites. Be honest for once, stop with all the other BS. I don't care about the other nonsense you said.

You're proving my point that my words are being taken out of context.

You don't get to pick and choose what you want to address. If you do that, you're showing your hand that you don't have the ability to effectively argue and defend your position.

Picking bits and pieces of someone's statements, and twisting of words isn't a good strategy, as it only serves to undermine your credibility.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I think any time anyone says anything as general as "Conservatives....." or "Liberals....." you can count on it being mostly knee jerk BS. Why??? Because almost nobody ever exclusively fits such a group and is also that shallow of a person. Only an idiot would believe that Liberal is the same as Communist or Conservative is the same as Fascist. Those are the extreme of such leanings but only in the most simple terms possible.

Nobody is that simple....Well, usually....I'm sure I could be proven wrong in a few cases....

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   

You don't group ALL people of a certain politlical stripe together?

You just did. (Are you not reading what you write?) Here, let me help you:

originally posted by: Wookiep

This is a REAL problem when it comes to the left. They FAIL completely to recognize the hypocrisy they display DAILY by examples just like this!

Quote an attack that I've made on you or anyone else.

Quote an insult that I've made to you or anyone else.

Prove your claims with evidence.

When you can't your posts will be seen for the frauds they are as well.

Don't worry about it. At first I was getting a bit angry w/his or her posts. Then I thought about it: what if it's actually 2 different people posting under the same account?" Then it would make sense, right? I'm not saying they're crazy or anything. It's just that I've literally seen someone on other forum who shared an account w/2 other people. So even if the poster looked like it was the same people, they would constantly contradict each other. Once we figured out what was happening, it made sense (don't know if you've seen "The Illusionist" but kind of like that).

Of course of if that's not the case, ignore my post lol.

And for the record, I'm kind of loving these threads. I think that once we get past most of the rhetoric, it's actually pretty entertaining. Or maybe I'm just a little loopy from being on 2 different computers all day...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join