It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredibly Funny Chinese Mis-Translations

page: 1

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
40 Hilarious Chinese to English Translations

Chinese, or more specifically Mandarin, is nowadays the most spoken language in the world with around 2 billion speakers. English on the other hand, is the third most spoken language with an estimate of between 300 – 400 million speakers. [1]

Even though both languages can be regarded as world languages, translations between the two seem to be much more difficult than expected. Especially, when considering the bloodcurdling examples, which we provided below

Maybe you should add a plate of “Sixi Roasted Husband” or “Meat Fried Cat Ear” to that order! Well, if these choices do not suit you, maybe you are in the wrong restaurant or maybe the translator of the menu card needs to take a language course.

Due to the T&C's I can't load most of the content from the article here. Just click the link and I guarantee hilarity will pursue.

edit on 4/4/2015 by dezertdog because: content

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: dezertdog

Holy carp!
Those are funny.

The duck that exploded and why it exploded was especially humorous.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Holy carp!
Those are funny.

The duck that exploded and why it exploded was especially humorous.

I LOL at that one drawing a few disapproving stares from my fellow coffee shop patrons.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Wewt! I've had these in my uploads folder for ages, time to bring them out again!

There are some wonderful ones with the F word, but i'm staying away from those as i've been told off recently

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I learned two things from this post.

1. Mandarin is the most known language.

2. How to write the f bomb in Mandarin.
It's actually quite easy.

Great post OP! Thanks for the laugh.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Epic!!

S&F mate!!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That was funny. S&F!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
OT but wait...
only 400 million speakers of the english language?
What?

That just can't be.

That's like the US and half of the UK...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Priceless.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Ha ha thanks for this.
"Do not disturb, Tiny grass is dreaming." Is a good sign to have in any garden.
And that Thomas Edison quote looks like it relied too much on google translate to translate it back into original english, lol

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Had a good laugh at those!

thanks

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Brilliant, so funny. love the exploding duck one too. :-))

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

I agree that doesn't make sense add in Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa. Plus a large portion of India and The Philippines speak English as well

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I am Chinese. The cat ears one is corrected. not that they are actually cat's ears(I dont know what is it) but this is how they named it in chinese word by word.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This ridiculously funny...and somehow mildly exciting

...I must be a perv

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
So I grab my kindle and go to the living g room where my husband is watching tv and I try to tell him a few of these and I simply cannot speak. I'm laughing and tears are streaming down my face a d I'm bent over and the man has no idea what's going on only that I'm trying very hard to tell him something. So finally I hand him the kindle and manage to spit out the phrase "just scroll down the page" before exploding in laughter again. I left him with the device and went to the kitchen to get a drink and compose myself when I hear him laughing hysterically and I lost it again.
Later I said to him. We're having chicken for dinner tonight...do you think that duck recipe will work with chicken. His response was I'll gladly oblige the cook but not the chicken.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: rival

We all are which is why this is so freakin funny.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

No that's not correct. Chinese may be spoken by more but only in China and only because their population is Hugh. English on the other hand is spoken around the world.
Side note: English was the language spoken by the surfs and farmers in England in the 13 th century while the aristocracy spoke French.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: athousandlives

I know. I loved that one. I want a sign for my garden too.

posted on Apr, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

They weren't disapproving...They were jealous. Who doesn't love a good belly laugh?

top topics

join