It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange metal in a tree!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

edit on 4-4-2015 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Well I read your post and the replies, and still I do not see anything referring to a strange metal, as was your title of this post, ok it's in a tree, but what is strange about the metal? is it other worldly, or shaped like an alien or something, perhaps its the exhaust off one of those triangular craft that we all keep seeing. but anyway, I clicked into this link to find out what was strange about the metal. as for the tree having grown around a piece of metal well thats not strange, its normal in fact. hmpf!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

Petrified squirrel skull. Seen it many times out there in the sh#t.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: flipflop

So you think trees grow around flexible metal without crushing it or bending it? It is a confined hole in a tree. And the metal seems to be hiding something. It's more the placement of said metal.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

lol

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
One more then before I get back to everyone. The bark around it looked burnt. If you zoom you might be able to tell.

Maybe lightning hit whatever the tree had grown around burning it? Good as guess as any. Pretty cool, no matter what.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Anyafaj

Like a magnifying glass? Possibility. I have Monday off. Gonna check out this little James Dean museum they have with the kids. After we will try to pry it out. And see what is hiding.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles
a reply to: Anyafaj

Like a magnifying glass? Possibility. I have Monday off. Gonna check out this little James Dean museum they have with the kids. After we will try to pry it out. And see what is hiding.

Definitely let us know! You have my interest!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes it's very possible.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Cool pic. The difference is. One side of the one I saw has a inch to a half inch slit I could fit something behind. I would think it would wrap around it in whole. As it does in yours.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yeah I saw your pic and read the description. it looks to me like a can of a old tin coffee cup was either set in a knot on a tree or placed in a fork on the tree and the tree grew around it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

It isn't rounded though. It is flat. As I was able to get a stick to go partially to the side. It just wouldn't budge. Good theory though. One would think it would simply fall off with a slight gust of wind. If it were to be played on the Y

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Does anyone else see what I see?

The mystery deepens...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Without knowing more it's hard to say other than it's interesting but at some point it's eiter been absorbed or embedded in the tree.

I know a tree that grew around a brick wall, I will get a pic next month when I'm back there next month.

Nice OP, I remember watching a tv show about a sawmill in france that had to be carefull as they were still hitting WW2 shrapnel from bombs but I am guessing its not that

I like the tornado idea though.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Well duh, where do you think metal comes from? I kid!

Could it be a metal bird house that was "devoured" over time by the tree? Could it have been part of an old mail box? Maybe lawn (or in this case, tree) art that has had the tree grow over it?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
dont wait until monday try sunday! Everyone will be in a good mood because of easter. Maybe the house owner already knows what it is, I would consider asking him/her.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: birhan

That would be funny. It is adjacent to a church. All the church goers wondering what in the hell I am on about, while searching for their eggs.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
My guess is that the tree grew around something. There was a tree in my friend's yard that grew around a chain. It was cool seeing it dangling from the tree trunk.

Exactly,I've seen it many times growing up/living in a rural area.
edit on 4-4-2015 by greydaze because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hopefully it's not some gnome's doorway or something..
plz don't release an angry horde of leprechauns on us all

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join