It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange metal in a tree!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I would like to start by explaining I am a mail man. I do this particular route every Saturday to help a small rural office. Well this stop is called a dismount where I hop out and back in. This caught my eye. So I grabbed a stick and tried to pry it out. I was unable at the metal was dug in vertical what seemed to be far into the tree. It seemed to have something behind it, but I gave up as I was wasting time.

back to work

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Man... that's a great story. Had me on the edge of my seat.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

almost lloks like the side of a mans face, head down and eyes closed...let us know if you find out more, after work
edit on 4-4-2015 by research100 because: dang spelling

link   

double post so deleted
edit on 4-4-2015 by research100 because: double post

link   
a reply to: Answer

I'm sorry were you looking for entertainment? You could go to the short story section. Or get a job.

I am simply wondering what this may be.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Things like this happen in tornado country.

this looks like a piece of metal imbedded in the tree from a long ago tornado.

link   
Broken axe / hatchet head?

link   
From the shiny surface, could it be glass? maybe an electrical insulator grown over? I have seen a cannon ball imbedded in a tree like that...somewhere in the States, I think.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

I am working currently will get to everyone. This may help a lot of the questions. A bit thicket than sheet metal as I was prying it was a bit flexible.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

I'm sorry were you looking for entertainment? You could go to the short story section. Or get a job.

I was just messing with you. I'm not sure what part of my response made you think I'm unemployed...

You should go back after work and inform the property owner. Maybe they'll let you spend some time trying to dig it out.

It could be something cool like this:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There are occurances where a tree can grow around and absorb and object over time.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
One more then before I get back to everyone. The bark around it looked burnt. If you zoom you might be able to tell.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Check it out at night and see if it glows.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My guess is that the tree grew around something. There was a tree in my friend's yard that grew around a chain. It was cool seeing it dangling from the tree trunk.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
My biggest thing about the metal. It seems like the metal is in between a hallow place hiding something behind. My main curiosity was something behind it. Then I tried to move the metal, and it would not budge.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

Didn't you know it's ATS t&c that someone has to chime in with a dick comment in the first three posts of any thread?

On topic, could it be maybe an old cannonball? Like someone shot the tree and it continued to grow around the ball?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Strange metal n' a tree!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

When I first saw it I thought the same. Metal grew around an object. The metal it just a bit thicker than sheet metal. I tried getting the stick to go around and wedge it out. It didn't move, but it did give. Indicating it was thin, and not thick like a cannon ball or say a gun ^^^. I have the impression something could be behind it. Like 356324632 dollars(wishful thinking). I would go back with a crow bar, but you know.

Also fun fact. This town is where James Dean was born.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=19198358]ANNED[/post
We do get tornadoes yes. The tree looks like the hollow point is larger than the rest of the tree.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The obvious next step according to me would be to get the right tools and come back with enough time to get that thing out. Meanwhile, don't reveal the location. Good chances that it is something old and with a certain value.

Good luck with that !

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join