It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails: Spraying to Fix the Atmosphere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here is chapter 31 in the Fever Rising series of threads. This one takes a look at the chemtrail conspiracy and if it has anything to do with the escalating levels of methane gas in the atmosphere. To go back in the thread series, go to this thread and at the beginning of each thread you'll find links to the previous one. What does the government really know?

Chapter 31: Chemtrails: Spraying to Fix the Atmosphere

Are chemtrails real or not? In my opinion they are.

First, let’s examine what a contrail is and what makes it different from a chemtrail. A contrail is simply a condensation trail that follows closely behind an airplane crossing the sky. Normally, a contrail dissipates shortly behind the plane and occasionally, we observe a long trail that stretches clear across the sky. On some occasions, the trail even spreads out and creates a cirrus cloud. These are what some people believe are chemtrails, and exactly what does that mean? The most commonly held belief is that the chemtrails are part of a covert government-spraying operation. The purpose of this spraying operation remains a mystery, if in fact the chemtrails are real.

Here is a description of what a contrail is from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association.

From wrh.noaa.gov/fgz/science/contrail.php?wfo=fgz
Contrails form when hot humid air from jet exhaust mixes with environmental air of low vapor pressure and low temperature. Vapor pressure is just a fancy term for the amount of pressure that is exerted by water vapor itself (as opposed to atmospheric, or barometric, pressure which is due to the weight of the entire atmosphere above you). The mixing occurs directly behind the plane due to the turbulence generated by the engine. If condensation (conversion from a gas to a liquid) occurs, then a contrail becomes visible. Since air temperatures at these high atmospheric levels are very cold (generally colder than -40 F), only a small amount of liquid is necessary for condensation to occur. Water is a normal byproduct of combustion in engines.

They liken this explanation to how you see your breath on a cold day. Basically, the NOAA site states that on some days you may see your breath a little longer than others, which is exactly what happens with contrails. If there is more humidity in the air, the contrail will last longer while at the same time, if the air is dry, the contrail will be short-lived. In addition to that, if the air is very dry, no contrails will form at all. The NOAA also explains how you might see a broken plume rather than one continuous cloud. This happens when the plane is either ascending or cending and passes through a much drier or more moist layer of atmosphere.

One of the reasons that conspiracy theorists believe in chemtrails is because prior to the 1990’s, they were very rare if seen at all. Most people who believe don’t ever recall seeing them in the 1980’s, but the NOAA claims otherwise. They report that during World War II pilots complained of contrails so thick sometimes they couldn’t see their neighbors or enemy planes during combat. I’m not sure if this claim is enough to disprove that chemtrails first started occurring in the 1990’s or not. Could there have been a lot of smoke during combat situations? Maybe, maybe not, but at the same time, I would think pilots would know the difference between smoke from war and clouds from condensation of airplanes.

Another problem with chemtrails posed by skeptics is the fact that not one pilot of these spraying planes has ever turned whistleblower. This is a good point. If this project began in the 1990’s, then it has been going on for two decades now without one pilot revealing what he knew. On the other hand, these pilots could be the best of the best, paid very well, and could live in fear for their families, or themselves.

I personally believe that if chemtrails exist, they are for the good of our planet and not meant to harm us. The conspiracy theory claim is that the actual chemtrail is made up of nanoparticles of aluminum oxide and barium oxide meant to reflect the sun’s heat. The purpose of this project would be to help mitigate runaway global warming. I’ll let Jonny explain his belief on chemtrails.

JumpingJackFlashHypothesis.blogspot.com
By Jonny Mnemonic
I don't agree with the idea that they're behind our problem here. I provided a link in the Info Links, an email interview with an anonymous purported chemtrail scientist. I found him VERY credible, though he never mentions hydrogen sulfide or methane. But if you carefully investigate the things he recommends you investigate, you will fall into a very deep rabbit hole.

I believe the first evidence that this problem was creeping toward us was in the early-to-mid 1980s, when Lake Nyos (I think that's the name) bubbled up some gas suddenly and killed 1700 people in a village nearby, in Cameroon, a kind of microcosm of the problem as it is today. That was obviously quite a long time before there were any chemtrails. I think when 'they' saw that, they knew that this extinction event was upon us and that's when they began to investigate the possibility of chemtrails as a mitigation tactic. This same extinction event has happened a number of times, and it is only THIS time that humans are around for it, so I think it's overly humancentric to think we've had much to do with it, other than trying to survive it.

That doesn't mean I think chemtrails are safe! Heck no! Read that interview. That scientist said that some estimates were that as many as 2+ BILLION people might die from the chemtrails themselves! And if that's what HELPS with the problem, then just how bad is the PROBLEM?! Pretty effing bad, that's how bad. Slow poisoning from nanoparticles of aluminum oxide and barium oxide, or fast poisoning from hydrogen sulfide (along with raging fires and fierce explosions), I guess that was the choice. Horrible choice!

And that's why 'they' won't tell us what's happening: the first duty of any government is 'protect the people'. Yet what happens when they CAN'T protect the people? Then it looks like they build some 'continuity of government' facilities, pass some 'mass fatality' legislation, and keep people oblivious for as long as possible.

Meanwhile, the Earth doesn't care about any of that, and we are being systematically wiped out, and it is escalating. Someday, people are going to wake up - that's inevitable - and then we will have to face this threat head-on.

Continued...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Another idea for chemtrails was revealed to us on the dangerous gas thread at Above Top Secret. In this thread, a member of the site, Amatrine, asked a question about pumping ozone into the atmosphere and if that would help stop the methane-hydrogen sulfide chain reaction. Here is that exchange.

Post by Amatrine
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Dangerous Gas may be the cause of super-charged, mass die-offs, quakes and more
www.abovetopsecret.com...
I have a question. I am not a scientist, so this may sound stupid, but I have to ask.
What if we pumped ozone into the atmosphere? I worked for a scientist that invented the ozone machine. I worked for him back in the 80's. He had invented a way for planes to put ozone into the atmosphere, and the government seized that work and classified it, and he was no longer allowed to pursue that area of work.

I use ozone to this day in my home to kill molds and bacteria. Would ozone in the home have any effect on these gasses if they were to enter the home, ozone is O3, until it destabilizes to 02. How would sulfide react to 03?

Reply by JonnyMnemonic
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
Yes, ozone helps! It reacts away hydrogen sulfide: O3 + H2S --> H2O + O2 + S.

I have three ozone generators going constantly. I don't wanna be seen as promoting any particular product, and I own no stock in ozone generators (or anything else), but ozone generators are a good idea. That should help eliminate any H2S that infiltrates your home. If your clothes or cardboard boxes or books have absorbed any, it should help there too.

Interesting about the planes generating ozone being classified. That's a big problem, how to create ozone in the upper atmosphere. It's so incredibly reactive that it's basically impossible to transport, so it has to be created where you need it. I suspect that's partly what chemtrails and HAARP are for: to generate electrical arcs in the stratosphere, which would create ozone there. If planes could create it too, all the better!

I don't really know about chemtrails, but I do see the giant checkerboards in the sky, and I did mention a proposed reason for that. You ever look at the screen in your microwave? Grid pattern, to slow/stop radiation leakage. So yeah, I do think 'they' are trying some stuff, to buy us a bit of time if nothing else. Doesn't matter to the hypothesis though. If they're not trying any protective measures then we'll just die a little faster. And I don't think they can SPRAY ozone. But I didn't know about any classified ozone-generating planes before either, so who knows. I hope they ARE trying stuff to protect us, being one of those don't-wanna-die-sooner-than-necessary type of people. Heh.

Reply by UnityEmissions
AboveTopSecret.com
The Above Network, LLC
I can't believe I overlooked this post! Brilliant!

I have, at least a dozen times over, mentioned this same reasoning in chemtrail threads for years now. Not tying in ozone...never made that connection before, but just material which will reflect the solar radiance back into space. I've intuited for a long time that AGW is much worse than it seems to be. It's well known among climatologists that the models are rather conservative. I've intuited that they don't properly understand the feedback mechanisms, and how they all interact, to properly assess the rate at which changes will occur.

We're actually much closer in our reasoning than you may think. I simply think we have at least a decade before civilization is challenged. That's all. I think these releases seem ginormous, but am thinking it's not much in comparison to what is actually down there. It won't all bubble up at once. Just as the arctic breaks off in chunks over many years, so too will these methane plumes be released over the years and decades.

I think the fastest we'll have to worry about civilization collapsing is maybe 2025, and the latest maybe 2045. Until then, I'm staying in a keto-adapted state, already stocked up on minerals, vitamins, and lard, and have a private lake house in a gated community ready to inhabit.

Amatrine worked for a man who created a way to deliver ozone into the atmosphere in the 1980’s, but his work was seized by the government, classified and he wasn’t able to do that kind of work anymore. Very interesting, and several years later, chemtrails begin to appear in the skies above us.

If this is true, then this may be the most plausible theory for chemtrails yet. Either way, ozone or aluminum oxide, the government is trying to save mankind without telling us about it. I would much rather prefer that it’s ozone they are pumping into the atmosphere because I don’t think all those aluminum nanoparticles could be too healthy for us when it eventually drifts back down to the surface.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Rezlooper

I have to ask...

Where are the air tests that are taken directly from a supposed chemtrail and why hasn't anyone done this in the 20 years that chemtrails have supposedly been around?

You see the first thing to do is prove they exist then your free to make whatever conspiracy you want that involves chemtrails.

But first prove they exist.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h

I have to ask...

Where are the air tests that are taken directly from a supposed chemtrail and why hasn't anyone done this in the 20 years that chemtrails have supposedly been around?

You see the first thing to do is prove they exist then your free to make whatever conspiracy you want that involves chemtrails.

I know that question has been posed over and over again and I've often wondered that myself. But, at the same time, if this is a massive government conspiracy they don't want us to know about, wouldn't they do what they could to prevent anyone from testing. And the other side of this is, as discussed at the end of the thread, it's possibly ozone they are spraying, they wouldn't be testing for ozone. Just offering up some ideas, as I don't really know, just like you or anyone else.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't buy the idea that chemtrails would be primarily used for making us sick.

But that chemtrails are used to fix the atmosphere, now that makes sense. If it was the only way to save us from extinction but in doing so, it would make us sick, no wonder they would keep us in the dark about it all.

I said that it makes sense, but not that I agree with it. Humanity should stop fixing problems with other problems only for the sake of continuous growth and profits.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   

But, at the same time, if this is a massive government conspiracy they don't want us to know about, wouldn't they do what they could to prevent anyone from testing.

Well for one it's not a government conspiracy it is mainly an internet conspiracy.

Now how is it we have private companies that specialize in testing contrails which also means they can test chemtrails, and they do it all the time.

The company is called DLR, and they have specialized planes just for that task.

www.dlr.de...

The government isn't stopping this company from doing what they do. So then it must be something else...like chemtrails don't exist or are you saying this company has to be in on the conspiracy?

And the other side of this is, as discussed at the end of the thread, it's possibly ozone they are spraying, they wouldn't be testing for ozone. Just offering up some ideas, as I don't really know, just like you or anyone else.

Except people do know...

Unfortunately, we can't make more ozone to patch the hole. It takes a lot of energy to make ozone - in the atmosphere, the intense energy of the sun drives most of the work. Ozone is also a dangerous pollutant at ground level.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Ozone isn't something you can just throw together and spray out of a plane.

Here just a bit more...

A big reason we can’t make more ozone to send into the upper atmosphere is because it would take a LOT of energy. In fact, to make the amount of ozone normally found in the upper atmosphere, you'd need about double the electricity that we use in the U.S. every year. In the atmosphere, this huge amount of energy comes from the sun. We also don’t have a way to transport the ozone to the right places in the atmosphere. Since we can't make more ozone, the solution is to slow the flow down the drain back to its normal rate. And the only way to do that is to stop using ozone-depleting chemicals.

www.airnow.gov...

So it seems chemtrails aren't going to be used to fix the ozone as we don't have that ability to do so.
edit on 4-4-2015 by tsurfer2000h because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I see the weird trails in the sky just like everyone else, but with everything else I have learned about the ones in control of this planet, I find it VERY hard to believe they are doing anything in the best interest of this planet or it's inhabitants.

In fact quite the opposite. So I'm not one of these nuts that is 100% certain of chemtrails without any hard evidence whatsoever, but with all of the shady things being done by these inhumane evil bastards, it is not difficult at all to believe they are up to something sinister as usual.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: roncoallstar

In fact quite the opposite. So I'm not one of these nuts that is 100% certain of chemtrails without any hard evidence whatsoever, but with all of the shady things being done by these inhumane evil bastards, it is not difficult at all to believe they are up to something sinister as usual.

That is where the conspiracy goes wrong...just because something was done in the past, people automatically think they must be doing it now.

And I am not saying that your doing this, but it seems to be the trend when it comes the chemtrails.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
As always I have questions that can't seem to be 100% answered when it comes to chemtrails, so I remain on the fence. If they are spraying I would imagine it's for good reason(?)

1. If "chemtrails" really exist, that would mean the persons/group responsible are also spraying themselves and their family.

2. Has anyone actually seen them attaching the chemical to the airplane? Are there any statements from a worker or photos?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

1. If "chemtrails" really exist, that would mean the persons/group responsible are also spraying themselves and their family.

Yes they would.

2. Has anyone actually seen them attaching the chemical to the airplane? Are there any statements from a worker or photos?

Nothing that hasn't been debunked.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I have to ask...

I know that question has been posed over and over again and I've often wondered that myself. But, at the same time, if this is a massive government conspiracy they don't want us to know about, wouldn't they do what they could to prevent anyone from testing. And the other side of this is, as discussed at the end of the thread, it's possibly ozone they are spraying, they wouldn't be testing for ozone. Just offering up some ideas, as I don't really know, just like you or anyone else.
Something overlooked when that strawman argument is posed - how could testing be achieved when someone inclined to incur the cost would have no idea when and where to test and have everything at the ready for doing so.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

That is where the conspiracy goes wrong...just because something was done in the past, people automatically think they must be doing it now.

And I am not saying that your doing this, but it seems to be the trend when it comes the chemtrails.

From the last few days.

Part of the proof for me is people like you that stalk these threads and argue so vehemently and defensively. You know "Thou dost protest too much" kind of thing.

Oh and yeah those that are responsible for our welfare don't do stupid things like infect large populations with STDs in order to track their effects

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
As always I have questions that can't seem to be 100% answered when it comes to chemtrails, so I remain on the fence. If they are spraying I would imagine it's for good reason(?)

If you look at the history of the chemtrail conspiracy you will see that when it originally surfaced, sometime in the late 90's, theorists were saying that we were being sprayed with...you name it. The point is that it was us, on the ground who were being targeted. As time went by the theory evolved, again the claims of what was actually being sprayed have been numerous, and at best outlandish, blood for example, nano tech, even vaccines.
Jump forward a few years and up pops the dreaded geo-engineering. Chemtrail theorists have now almost completely jumped on the GE theory, but, depending on who you ask, CTers will still throw in various nefarious substances being sprayed not related to weather manipulation, why? I don't know, and I don't think they do either.
Also the radius of this conspiracy is constantly expanding and contracting, one minute all governments in the world are involved, next minute it's just the US, one minute all commercial pilots and cabin crew are in on it(and held in check by fear), next minute they are innocent due to the remote activation of spraying from their planes etc. One minute it's all commercial airliners, next minute it's unmarked military jets. One minute it's all compartmentalisation, next minute it's "many pilots have come forward already".

Then we have crop-spraying, defoliation, cloud seeding, chemtrail ships, HAARP, orbs, and on and on. A conspiracy kids wet dream.

I once heard the chemtrail conspiracy called "an entry level conspiracy" by a CTer, as in, if you're into conspiracies then chemtrails are one of the first subjects you should believe in, he then went on to lament the fact that people "even question the reality of chemtrails".

As I've said on here before, I've paid a lot of attention to this theory over the past 6/7 years, and I have never seen anything other than speculative "dot-joining" touted as proof. Most proponents of CTs don't seem to know what they're talking about. And none of them are versed in meteorology, aviation, climatology, logistics or physics.

The chemtrail theory is based in ignorance and fear, and propagated, mostly, by people for whom those maladies play a big part in their worldview, but that's just my personal experience with this matter.

edit on 4-4-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I also forgot the mention the "paid government shill" aspect of the chemtrail conspiracy.

For many CTers there's the idea that the internet is swarming with agents who's job it is is to heckle CTers, downplay their theories, debunk and disrupt the CT movement, plant misinformation and target discussions like this one.

I find this very telling. For example, if you visit a chemtrail dedicated FB account and engage CTers you will be blocked and probably receive a torrent of abuse, that is unless you agree with their multifaceted thesis of course. You will also automatically be awarded the title of "government agent".

I know some CTers personally, and they are dumbfounded and angered by the idea that their well laid out arguments can and will be challenged, for them I'm an anomaly, they know I'm not on any "government payroll" so I'm just a "hardcore skeptic" and generally an "uncaring person". But pretty much all the people they come across online who don't agree with them are on the governments books and are there to do the evil bidding of "TPTB".

It's like in order for CTers to perpetuate the chemtrail conspiracy, and to solidify their convictions, these paid government agents must exist. How else can they explain dissent?

edit on 4-4-2015 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

originally posted by: Rezlooper

I have to ask...

Something overlooked when that strawman argument is posed - how could testing be achieved when someone inclined to incur the cost would have no idea when and where to test and have everything at the ready for doing so.

Something that is overlooked when that strawman rebuttal for air testing is offered is that the defining factor of chemtrails is supposed to be that they are sprayed over huge swathes of sky in grid patterns and are long lasting, for hours at a time and they spread and cover the sky. Being ready to scramble at a moments notice is hardly necessary. If someone believes an area has been sprayed, or is sprayed regularly (and some GE proposals say that a constant coverage would need to be maintained to be effective) then one could surely test the air at any time?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bilk22

From the last few days.

Part of the proof for me is people like you that stalk these threads and argue so vehemently and defensively. You know "Thou dost protest too much" kind of thing.

That's pretty much confirmation bias in a nutshell. Nothing that could be considered direct evidence, merely the fact that people disagree reinforces your belief. Okay, why does that remind me of the scene where Brian denies his divinity? Consistently pointing out where something that is wrong is wrong does not fit the "thou doth protest too much" model. Not unless you REALLY want it to.

Oh and yeah those that are responsible for our welfare don't do stupid things like infect large populations with STDs in order to track their effects

Another strawman argument. Nobody is defending the reputations of anybody.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bilk22

Arguing you say, and also defensive...care to point out what threads has that happened?

Actually it's called Denying Ignorance.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

But, at the same time, if this is a massive government conspiracy they don't want us to know about, wouldn't they do what they could to prevent anyone from testing.

Well for one it's not a government conspiracy it is mainly an internet conspiracy.

Now how is it we have private companies that specialize in testing contrails which also means they can test chemtrails, and they do it all the time.

The company is called DLR, and they have specialized planes just for that task.

www.dlr.de...

The government isn't stopping this company from doing what they do. So then it must be something else...like chemtrails don't exist or are you saying this company has to be in on the conspiracy?

And the other side of this is, as discussed at the end of the thread, it's possibly ozone they are spraying, they wouldn't be testing for ozone. Just offering up some ideas, as I don't really know, just like you or anyone else.

Except people do know...

Unfortunately, we can't make more ozone to patch the hole. It takes a lot of energy to make ozone - in the atmosphere, the intense energy of the sun drives most of the work. Ozone is also a dangerous pollutant at ground level.

science.howstuffworks.com...

Ozone isn't something you can just throw together and spray out of a plane.

Here just a bit more...

A big reason we can’t make more ozone to send into the upper atmosphere is because it would take a LOT of energy. In fact, to make the amount of ozone normally found in the upper atmosphere, you'd need about double the electricity that we use in the U.S. every year. In the atmosphere, this huge amount of energy comes from the sun. We also don’t have a way to transport the ozone to the right places in the atmosphere. Since we can't make more ozone, the solution is to slow the flow down the drain back to its normal rate. And the only way to do that is to stop using ozone-depleting chemicals.

www.airnow.gov...

So it seems chemtrails aren't going to be used to fix the ozone as we don't have that ability to do so.

The ATS member I referred to said she had a boss who may have created a way to make ozone and the government confiscated his work and classified it. So, if this is true, then how can you be so absolutely sure we can't do it? And this was back in the 80's.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Let's assume for a moment they are 'spraying' ozone. Why would that look like what they call "chemtrails"? Like in the fearsome pics Bilk22 posted.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DenyObfuscation
Let's assume for a moment they are 'spraying' ozone. Why would that look like what they call "chemtrails"? Like in the fearsome pics Bilk22 posted.

No - because ozone is a pale blue gas - not white.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join