It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you read "recent" posts or just what makes it to the main site index?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I only monitor NEW threads. Then when one peaks my interest I post and subscribe and track through MYATS.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I like to go to recent posts first, then to new posts. Most of the top page is stuff I already read.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I, as many others on here, also have a preference for the New threads.
My only wish is to be able to remain in the same thread after logging in, instead of being redirected back into the main topic screen.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blastoff

I think you can click on "log-in" with a scroll wheel then and just refresh the first page.
Just be carefull with the new tabs. I've usually got over 300 opened tabs waiting for me.
I think they made that Mozilla update with "don't load tabs until selected" option because of me and my crash reports

edit on 4/4/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: grammar

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: PapagiorgioCZ

I click "recent" and "new", scan the page for interesting titles, then read what looks good.
2nd.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I live in live section,

Front page is only about 5% of the daily stuff, I've also found some little gems on the live page

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Blastoff

I mainly have only one problem and that's when I click on a link, image or vide outdoes by allow me to go back to the thread. I have to exit the page and reopen then navigate to the thread.

I am using IOS8 and safari

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

I have found, IMHO, that I find more topics that interest me if I see new threads and not rely on what is 'popular'.

The 'fresh ' approach. Not only, but new topics is where you get to see stuff before it gets dumped, provides a chance to get in early and help illuminate the terrain… and expose lies.

If there is to be an alternate opinion then early is best. Attention spans seem to be shrinking by the minute (laughs).

Fresh wine in new wine skins.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I am with the readers that go to the "new post first" as well. Seems to be that is the best way to find out about some important breaking news that may be happening from around the world.

Sometimes I wish more people would scan that first as it might slow down some of the repetitive post of same topic.

I also like to do that because it gives me a glimpse of some of the BTS topics that won't make it to the "recent" post.

I am adved reader of the site throughout the day as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As I am in the UK i tend to ignore the new thread section as it's often already old by the time I get there. I used to use the live feed until I realised that there is a lag and a lot of stuff gets missed.

I flick between MyAts for subscribed threads and recent to see whats happening.

I never use the front page as by the time it gets there I'm either not interesed, already said my piece or the thread is so derailed theres no point trying to get involved.

After a few years I seem to be more of a BTS kind of member anyway.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I skim through live and recent with not paying much attention to the front page unless I haven't been on the site for a while. Recent, as it has the last in the past x hours for them all. Somehow miss certain threads too, quit hiding.
:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yeah, that difference between LIVE, RECENT and NEW is so sneaky that I decided to decide later what is best for me
...and not decided since yet

edit: I hope it's not some kind of progressive disorder

No, I remember I was actually waiting for a fix. However if it's been this way for so long it's maybe how it's supposed to be.
edit on 4/4/2015 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I jump straight into the "New" threads listing usually, especially when I'm more active on this site, like recently.

Always on the lookout for that first minute warning about something big and scary I guess. Real news tends to gravitate to this site pretty quickly.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   
a reply to: johnwick

Avatar is a Screenie from a game called Kerbal space program , a very challenging game with a very wide mod community.

Probably there are a few threads on ATS if you are interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join