It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police kill more citizens in 1 month then Brits do in 100+ years

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: WP4YT

Academies train cops to be judge, jury, and executioners?

I must of missed that block...

Homeland Security Made in Israel: American Taxpayers Are Funding Israel Junkets to Train/Brainwash American Police to Inculcate Brutalization/Intimidation "Strategies"

August 22, 2013 "Information Clearing House - If there should happen to be an al-Qaeda attack in Calhoun County Alabama, Sheriff Larry Amerson will presumably know what to do. That is because he and a number of colleagues in law enforcement have received paid trips to Israel to learn how to deal with the terrorist threat. The Washington-based Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs (JINSA) sponsors a Law Enforcement Exchange Program "in order to learn how to better protect the U.S. communities from terrorist attacks." The program takes law enforcement officials from the United States and sends them to Israel for training in the "strategies and techniques perfected by Israeli law enforcement." Amerson, past president of the National Sheriff’s Association, made his trip in 2012. Along the way, he reportedly benefited from a "greater understanding of the situation in Israel as it relates to terrorist threats." JINSA also hosts conferences in the U.S. where Israeli officers are brought over to brief American law enforcement officials.

The American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) is also involved in the effort to indoctrinate the U.S. law enforcement community. Its website’s Homeland Security Monitor chronicles numerous meetings between Israeli intelligence and police officials and their U.S. counterparts, to include numerous trips to Israel to learn from the masters of the craft about various aspects of security, including controlling borders and airports. Even firemen have made the journey, presumably to learn how a fire in Israel differs from a fire in the United States.

lol, you're missing out
on learning how to treat civilians like Palestinians.

edit on 5-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: added comment

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: AdamuBureido

That study includes people that died pulling guns on officers, pulling knives on officers, crashing their vehicles after fleeing form violent felonies, etc.

Do you support people that commit violent felonies?

nice strawman, there...
the last example really takes the cake

as for your baited question....
you obviously do,
as you're defending them here like a gangsta all day.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Same here. I wouldn't ever want the US gun culture here in the UK. At the same time, it is what it is in the States and I'd own a gun if I lived there.

Cultures are different across the world and it's often foolish to compare two and say one is the best.

Cultures can learn from one another, adapt and change all it takes is the will to do so.
edit on 5-4-2015 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

That article doesn't state that officers were trained to be judge, jury, and executioner.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The study you posted is "baited."

A vast majority of the people the study discusses were killed when they decided to commit violent crimes.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

makes you wonder what the real agenda is.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

adapt and change only works when the precession of the country in question isnt befuddled with lets say genocide slavery mass examples of failures on almost every societal substructure, the fairys are coming to take you away to that country cuz in the us it wont cant and never has been about that.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

i sure do if it gets the White agenda out of my sacred land, and hey uk guys you can have these war mongers back, for your putrid outcasts are they who helped start this whole #ty mess of a #...ry

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:29 AM
link   

United Kingdom = 65 mil preople
USA = 318 mil

basic math shows the UK is more effed up than the usa

b

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

US police kill more citizens in 1 month then Brits do in 100+ years

So is that good or bad?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Same here. I wouldn't ever want the US gun culture here in the UK. At the same time, it is what it is in the States and I'd own a gun if I lived there.

Cultures are different across the world and it's often foolish to compare two and say one is the best.

Cultures can learn from one another, adapt and change all it takes is the will to do so.

Totally agree

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Well for one in England it against the law to own an automatic, semi automatic or caliber greater 22 or handgun.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy

USA = 318 mil

b

I may have read it wrong, but the OP wasn't a 'ooh look how great the UK is' but merely a look at US problems with cops killing people.

stats shouldbe scaled, you have more people so more criminals so more cops so more opportunity, it would naturally be higher, but at the same time, it's a shat society when the only way you can defend an appalling fact is by slating the stat.

It's a completely round argument used over there, if everyone was armed then we could kill the armed people doing massacres. Truth is, people shouldn't have to carry to protect themselves, in a civilised society, the police take care of your protection.

Of course there are ocassions where you will be a subject of crime and the police won't be there, but to then arm everyone is a ridiculous response in my opinion.

I would rather guns be illegal and only the police armed because then the chances are that unless I was mixed with gangs, it would be unlikely I will be shot dead for my trainers.

See here in Aus, likelihood is if you hear about a shooting it's between gangs and a lot of hold ups are with bats and screwdrivers, of course it's not nice to be robbed, but if it's going to happen, at least it's unlikely anyone is going to get shot.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bspiracy

USA = 318 mil

b

No basic maths shows the US still has a higher cop killing rate.

If you work it out per 100,000 death by cops is still way above the UK...way way way above.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

True, and I'm surprised any US folks are even trying to make out their death by cop statistics are anything like the situation we have in the UK. Obviously they have a major problem over there which we do not.
Extendable baton over the head or being tazed is not really very scary compared to being shot dead. Saying that though, if you don't act like a prick to UK cops then they generally won't do that, and even put the cuffs on loose so it won't hurt...as long as you aren't being a prick to them.
Yep, I love being oppressed in the UK, our slave/subject prison cell has carpets and everything lol

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mekhanics

I watched the vid and while being surprised that the guy wasn't tazed (because in my police area about 1 in 10 cops have a tazer) I'm not at all surprised about how they handled it. The guy had a #ing machete, can you blame them backing off when they only had extendable batons?!
That vid is a good advert for UK police if you ask me, they are mostly cool in my experience and I've actually helped a few restrain violent blokes (along with some other decent blokes who thought the same as me) over the years because they were doing the right thing but were outnumbered and losing the battle.
UK cops are not scary, they are just the annoying referee or nightclub bouncers which help the game or good night to happen.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I don't here any solutions in this thread. It's easy to complain. let's here some solutions.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 00018GE

What solutions do you suggest then?
UK/US is apples and oranges, we have a pretty friendly outnumbered (5000 to 1 in my area) police service which can't get away with being brutes because they would lose the battle.
The US has an armed populace and military style police so deaths are obviously more likely.
What's your solution to that then?

*Edit*
So no suggestions then?
Why moan about the lack of suggested solutions when you have none to offer yourself?

Personally I don't really care what happens in the US as it is a nation I have no intention of ever spending my money in. Every single friend of mine who has visited has come back with tales of aggressive border guards and police, every single one.
I am glad to live in a nation with an unarmed police service in my area which is outnumbered 5000 to 1.
Devon and Cornwall Constabulary is the land of the free if you ask me.

...oh, and there are plenty of legally held shotguns in these parts, and illegal handguns are easily available for rent although the rounds are the expensive bit. It's just that is all contained nicely in the naughty world and not the 'normal' world. A cultural thing I guess, Brit's do the fist fight thing before grabbing a weapon. Male pride perhaps.
edit on 5.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DonVoigt
This has already been attempted, I live in Chicago, the numbers in this are 300 million in the US, 1000 in the US are shot by police in one year. I don't feel like searching to make a link to the thread, but it was already showed that almost all of them were criminals some were suicide by cop. As I've said I live in Chicago , with crime as bad as it is I'm surprised that the numbers aren't higher. Your attempt to rehash this topic in the way you did is pretty sad.

A new year brings new U.S. and world population totals. According to the U.S. Census Bureau’s annual projections, the United States will enter 2015 with 320,090,857 people while the planet Earth overall will have more than 7.2 billion living souls on it.

Link

But who's counting...

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join