It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police kill more citizens in 1 month then Brits do in 100+ years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: redhorse
Culturally, with the use of this word "cowboy" this way you are able to get away with it right now so... you use it, which says a lot more about what's nasty in your character than the character of any cowboy that I know.
You need to grow a pair and get over yourself lol. Offended by "trigger happy cowboy" for goodness sake, I'm from Wales and living in England get called 'sheep shagger' quite often, although I have never actually shagged a sheep.

On topic though, the figures are quite shocking and far exceed the ratio one would expect by comparing our two nations populations. I know y'all keep calling us oppressed subjects of the Crown, but I know which country I prefer to be oppressed in. Give me an extendable baton over the head or a tazer anyday over a roid-rage US cop carrying a firearm.

The police force in my area (Devon & Cornwall) are well chilled out. They generally ignore personal possession of substances, let illegal raves go on if there is no public order/safety issues, and are friendly even when they arrest you so long as you are not being a prick to them. They are vastly outnumbered though, at best, at any given time in Winter we have 1 cop for every 954 citizens, while in Summer we have 1 cop for every 5092 citizens, only carrying batons and one in every 10 having a tazer, while a couple of armed response cars patrol on call.

I authored a thread about the situation in my area here: Is it police numbers or a nice environment that keeps the peace, or is it just a crazy mix? Our cops are friendly because they are generally professionally trained, they want an easy shift, and they simply cannot get away with being brutes when they are so outnumbered.
Yep, I definitely prefer to be a slave in a nation that uses batons and tazers instead of firearms...that's not scary at all, and I've never actually met anyone who is scared of our police, as I myself am not.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand I'm from Wales and living in England get called 'sheep shagger' quite often.

as an englishman i can confirm this occurs. but it's all in good humour generally.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4
Ooh, I'm offended!!!! I'm offended!!!
Lol, like I said, never shagged one but did kiss with tongues once....urgh, yuk, only joking

At least in the UK if you were caught shagging a sheep the worst you could expect would be a baton over the head by the lone rural cop. In the US I imagine the poor sheep would be shot as well for looking provocative or something...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Hmmm Australia have more deaths from police that the UK too...

Brazil is 3 times than the US.

Statistics are fun!

Well Australia was the penal colony from the UK so it would
make sense that they might be a bit more violent down there.

Is that a serious statement? If so, that is ludicrously ignorant.

You can be an insulting ignorant troll if you want, but genetic disposition
toward violence and genetic memory are both proven.

Planarian worm memory experiments

Genetic Aggression

So troll boy, got some more insults for me ???
edit on 4-4-2015 by Ex_MislTech because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

I see.

Good to know the intelligence level we're dealing with here.

So, what are the per capita figures for all these countries? Including Brazil, Venezuela etc?

I am not here to step and fetch for some troll bait insulting dimwit.

You want to insult, then you will get it right back.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Then keep blaming an inanimate object for the bad decisions people make...

That's a stretch for me.

unfortunately man...we cant change what human beings are...what we can do is at least remove the tools of destruction. For what it's worth.

Nukes are also inanimate objects...but I'm guessing you do want to remove those...right ?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: WP4YT

Academies train cops to be judge, jury, and executioners?

I must of missed that block...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Ah, you don't agree with Shamrock so you call him a troll. Classic.

Actually, in reality, it is you that is being insulting to Australian citizens.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Republicans & democrats kill more people than US police.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: WP4YT

Academies train cops to be judge, jury, and executioners?

I must of missed that block...

Some cops do that very well, my son was 'taken home' last year along with another 20 or so young teenagers over an issue I won't share here, but the point is the cops could have gone charge or caution but went for 3 vans and talk to parents. It was an excellent move.

*Edit*
I wasn't cross with my son though, UK law may disagree at times but his activities conform with my moral code

edit on 4.4.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Insulting by questioning your flawed premise?

No.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Bad analogy. British Police don't carry guns, and American police seem to have a "Shoot to Kill" policy in recent years, rather than a "Shoot to disarm or stop".

I remember when it was a real rarity to even hear of a police officer drawing their weapon over YEARS of service, now it seems to be an every day occurrence.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
I remember when it was a real rarity to even hear of a police officer drawing their weapon over YEARS of service, now it seems to be an every day occurrence.
...was that pre-ATS days???

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

The police were never trained in "shooting to disarm." Not sure where you got that from. The movies perhaps?

I find it very hard to believe that it was common for police to "rarely or never draw their weapons," even after years of service. Well except maybe in towns with a tiny, tiny population.

Now, never, or rarely using their weapon, sure.

In a little over a decade I have had to draw my weapon multiple times. Luckily, I have never had to use it.
edit on 4-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Last time there was a high profile shooting in London there were riots across the UK...

With us or against us...

They found out they don't have the man power to shoot us down for nothing.

Media is the worst...

They showed pictures of the pig's victim in a light that painted him as a thug where he looked "angry"...

Turns out it was a face of heartbreak at his baby daughter's grave which they'd zoomed in on for the "thug look"!!!

Media wouldn't do that???

Really...

Scumbag pigs & scumbag media can't predict a riot though!

despicable isn't it?
SOP for the MSM however...

and soon the "but there's more black on black murder" crowd will chip in
y'know what i hear when i here the above BS? i hear racists complaining about being discriminated against regarding negrocide, as if all the black on black murders gave them a right to get in on the killing...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
I do like how the writer tells us not to bother adjusting the numbers for any reason, and to only use the numbers in the manner he wishes them to be used. Solid

Also like how he then goes on to make it sound like every last person killed is unarmed and on their way to bible study. Also solid

That all out of the way: Yes, it is a problem. Yes, too many people are being killed, and at an alarming rate.

and i like how you've posted your MAJOR Reading FAIL

Don't bother adjusting for population differences, or poverty, or mental illness, or anything else. The sheer fact that American police kill TWICE as many people per month as police have killed in the modern history of the United Kingdom is sick, preposterous, and alarming.
www.alternet.org...
solid

then you dismiss it as casually as can be
Operation Ghetto Storm: 2012 Annual Report on the Extrajudicial Killing of 313 Black People

Every 28 hours in 2012 someone employed or protected by the US government killed a Black man, woman, or child! This startling fact is revealed in Operation Ghetto Storm: 2012 Annual Report on the Extrajudicial Killings of 313 Black People by Police, Security Guards, and Vigilantes.

“When we started this investigation in early 2012, we knew a serious human rights crisis was confronting the Black community”, says Kali Akuno, an organizer with the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement (MXGM). “However, we did not have a clear sense of its true depth until we compiled and examined the annual figures. We have uncovered outrageous rates of extrajudicial killings–rates, that when they are found in countries like Mexico or Brazil, are universally condemned. The same outrage inside the U.S. also demands immediate action.”

solid

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Sadly, the body count increases:
Oklahoma reserve sheriff's deputy accidentally shot and killed a man after mistaking his service weapon for a stun gun.

Reserve Deputy Robert Bates, a 73-year-old former police officer, was trying to help officers take Harris into custody when he fired his gun, the statement said.

"Initial reports have determined that the reserve deputy was attempting to use less lethal force, believing he was utilizing a Taser, when he inadvertently discharged his service weapon, firing one round which struck Harris," it said.

Oops... sad that someone died from that 'oops.'

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
a reply to: Chadwickus

Its not reasonable at all.

The UK dosn't have as bad of a gang problem as the US Does.

you must be very young...

Kray_twins

The Kray twins were notorious locally for their gang and its violence...

On 12 December 1966 the Krays helped Frank Mitchell, "The Mad Axeman",[18] to escape from Dartmoor Prison (Frank Mitchell should not be confused with the contemporaneous Frankie Fraser, "Mad Frankie Fraser", who allied with the Krays' rivals, the Richardson gang).

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Besides the obvious number difference in general population, we have 100x the number of gang members. We have so many, in fact, it has become popular to idolize thug culture. In america you are bombarded day and night.

My last couple trips to africa and europe ive noticed its become popular there too. I can only assume the cancer is spreading/has spread around the globe. This is what people want....for some reason...

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

That study includes people that died pulling guns on officers, pulling knives on officers, crashing their vehicles after fleeing form violent felonies, etc.

Do you support people that commit violent felonies?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join