It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US police kill more citizens in 1 month then Brits do in 100+ years

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

They are fun.
That doesn't mean the numbers aren't high though.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: UmbraSumus

Same here. I wouldn't ever want the US gun culture here in the UK. At the same time, it is what it is in the States and I'd own a gun if I lived there.

Cultures are different across the world and it's often foolish to compare two and say one is the best.

I prefer to live here in the states, and my take on this is the problem is
not the law abiding citizens they are trying to disarm, and they hire
thugs to enforce the law and they are little more then trigger happy
execution squads in some areas of the US.

Even though we have had some bad apples here in Oklahoma, I'd take
it over Chicago or either left coast any day of the week.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Its like comparing apples and oranges. Two completely differing dynamics here.
Its just a consequence of having an armed population and one who do not retain the 'right to bear arms' in defiance of Government.

Guns fire. That's what they do.
More guns, more bangs. Its inevitable.

If the strict gun laws in the Uk were removed and you could readily buy legal firearms as freely as in the US, I wouldn't count on those figures remaining static for very long.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Ex_MislTech

Yeah I can appreciate the differences in the different parts of the US and even cities can have safer areas.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: HumansEh
Its like comparing apples and oranges. Two completely differing dynamics here.
Its just a consequence of having an armed population and one who do not retain the 'right to bear arms' in defiance of Government.

Guns fire. That's what they do.
More guns, more bangs. Its inevitable.

If the strict gun laws in the Uk were removed and you could readily buy legal firearms as freely as in the US, I wouldn't count on those figures remaining static for very long.

UK gun laws are a pretty new thing.
We only had them since 1997.

Even before that we did not get high police shootings.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ex_MislTech

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Hmmm Australia have more deaths from police that the UK too...

Brazil is 3 times than the US.

Statistics are fun!

Well Australia was the penal colony from the UK so it would
make sense that they might be a bit more violent down there.

Is that a serious statement? If so, that is ludicrously ignorant.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Same with Australia. Which is why the policies around policing perhaps should be addressed. Does that include adressing the culture around guns? Not going there

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I see.

Good to know the intelligence level we're dealing with here.

So, what are the per capita figures for all these countries? Including Brazil, Venezuela etc?

edit on 4/4/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   
This meme has been done to death.

UK is cultured, evolved, superior.

US is knuckle dragging, Neanderthal, primitive.

It is a little more complicated but enjoy your meme, and the S&F's associated with it.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

I'm not one to promote violence, but this particular quote by Abraham Lincoln seems very applicable to the current situation in the US. A country that grew & prospered on the back of continual warfare, starting to run out of enemies and turning inwards for it's daily dose of militaristic pride :/ I have a feeling during my lifetime I'm going to see some very major changes in the US and it's not going to be pretty. With the creation of the AIIB I suspect US power is going to rapidly shrink and the people that depend on said power are not going to react kindly.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
don't forget theres tons of organized crime in the US. Many gangs operate in the US as well.

So any bad press for the cops is good new for organized crime, as they keep tabs on police numbers, patrol route ect.

You won't have to be worrying to much about cops ( Well corrupt ones sure) Once the United States gains the same problems as Mexico is dealing with.

Cartels.

Drug cartels taking over government roles in parts of Mexico

As bad as police act.

This writer is probably a Mob Shill. And is probably being paid off with drugs. But that's just my oppinion. I'm no cop, just some healthy speculation.
edit on am40000003015Sat, 04 Apr 2015 07:38:53 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

They are high for a western nation.

But it's just how it's presented, as if comparing the US and UK is a reasonable way of comparison.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
a reply to: skalla

I agree, I am trying to find a reputable site for statistics... So far police fatal shootings are somewhere in the 60 to 80 range in Chicago alone in 2015 from what I've read.

Unfortunately, even government/federal stats will not be the real picture since some states don't even contribute to any federal stats. Personally I find it incredible that should be allowed, but that's the way it is.

" Police are not required to report to the federal government when they kill someone. The autonomy of local police in this regard is thoroughly American.
If a police officer fatally shoots an unarmed citizen in the United States – and it was happening on average more than twice a day even before the killing of Michael Brown seven months ago in Ferguson, Missouri – most people find out about it not from law enforcement but from the 24-hour news cycle."
Read The Guardian story below,

www.theguardian.com...

This link might help you find the official stats, and the areas that have no information, it may require a bit of delving.

www.bjs.gov...

edit on 4-4-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Its not reasonable at all.

The UK dosn't have as bad of a gang problem as the US Does.

To many people in prison are in prison because of gang affiliation, and many more are using those prisons as gang recruiting stations. Turning 2-4 years in prison into life sentences.

That is a fact.
edit on am40000003015Sat, 04 Apr 2015 07:45:16 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Prisons that are now privatized businesses designed to make a profit ?
Ahhh American Policy

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordGoofus
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants"

I'm not one to promote violence, but this particular quote by Abraham Lincoln seems very applicable to the current situation in the US. A country that grew & prospered on the back of continual warfare, starting to run out of enemies and turning inwards for it's daily dose of militaristic pride :/ I have a feeling during my lifetime I'm going to see some very major changes in the US and it's not going to be pretty. With the creation of the AIIB I suspect US power is going to rapidly shrink and the people that depend on said power are not going to react kindly.

You mean Thomas Jefferson

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

gang members are more often than not, are jailed for 25 years if currently serving in a gang. And may even never leave a prison until that gang affiliation is renounced.

Someone who goes in jail for 2 or 4 years who was not in a gang, and ends up joining a gang in prison could score themselves a life sentence.

Yah feel me?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Oh i do! But i don't even know what point IM trying to make

I think I'm trying to say, American culture has to be accountable for these numbers, if that includes a system that was initially designed as a non profit to punish people, to becoming a profit centre, then the encouragement of criminals/gangs is bound to happen to boost prison numbers.

It's not solely responsible for crime, but it is a system failure that needs to be revoked. Yes the burden goes back on tax payers, but I'd rather that than not only innocent people going to prison (case proven by the commission for crimes Judge) but also the encouragement and nurturing of criminal and gang activity.

yeah Im talking a bit of poop
lazy saturday morning, still in bed with coffee.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

No you're not.
You are stuck in a generation that believes the nonsense it is fed by media.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join