It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Really Bothers Me and it should You as well

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This has bothered me for quite awhile and perhaps this should be in the rant forum, but since it is about animals, I am placing it here.

How many times a night when you are watching tv do you see the commercials with the sad animals that need our help? They seem to play almost every time your show goes to a commercial and usually last a good minute if not more. Change the channel and there they are as well.
They are almost relentless through the night. Not so much daytime that I have noticed, but nights? Yes indeed.

Of course these commercials tear my heart out, but what really bothers me are basically these two things. If you donate, you will get a "free" t-shirt" or perhaps a backpack, depending on the commercial. I know somewhere along the line these items are not free. They had to be paid for by somebody. They have to buy the t-shirts, they have to have the logo or whatever added to it, they have to be shipped. If I donated a $1.00 lets say just for a figure, how much of that dollar has just been eaten up to pay for that? This is one of the things.

We also have the commercials. Of course the night time slots are probably cheaper, but still we know they aren't really "cheap" to run commercials for that length of time much less over and over on different channels. Plus the cost of making said commercial needs to be considered as well. How much of that $1.00 is left now after both the above?

I wont even go into the fact that other people need to be paid that actually run the different companies.

So in the end, what is left of that dollar for the animals themselves? I assume the same goes for the commercials that want you to support kids in need drinking dirty water and haven't any food. Again, long commercials and free stuff.

I used to own a bar and we had those little quarter machines that gave you a handful of cashews or chocolate. I asked the vendor one day how much actually went to the cancer people it was suppose to go too. He said about a half a cent. I told him to take the machines out that day.

I am a huge lover of animals and I don't mind donating, but I myself prefer to take the food to my local shelter so I know they are actually getting it.

Must so much money be wasted on commercials when it could be going so much further to the actual cause? Do I really need a t-shirt? Nope I sure don't. That may just be one more can or cup of food.

Does this bother anyone else? What are some things you do? Or, did you get the t-shirt?
edit on 4/4/15 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/4/15 by onehuman because: Title change

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I do not give to any charities. I used to but ....

Do some research and you will find most of these people/animal loving CEOs are earning huge pay packets as are the people in the next tier down.

These are all money making concerns to make someone very rich while a small pittance goes to help a person or animal.

I would rather give someone in the street something and I have often done this. At least the money goes somewhere that has a chance of helping.

P

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

If you read the small print you would probably find that those "free" items are only for those who make a minimum donation of a certain amount.

If you REALLY want to help animals start in the place/town you live in.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
a reply to: onehuman

If you read the small print you would probably find that those "free" items are only for those who make a minimum donation of a certain amount.

If you REALLY want to help animals start in the place/town you live in.

If you REALLY read my post, you would see that I mentioned this:
"I am a huge lover of animals and I don't mind donating, but I myself prefer to take the food to my local shelter so I know they are actually getting it."

I also realize about having to donate a certain amount for the "free item" which to me makes it even more absurd, because I highly doubt a big donor needs a cheap t shirt.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

I concur with your post. I used to give also, but threads about things like WWP have woke me up to the abuse that goes on in these charities.

If these celebrities reality cared about the animals they could band together and fix the problem.

But they are just there trying to get more money out of us like the rest of the elites.

I volunteer at my local shelter now. And foster needy animals.

I made my own T-shirt.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I am owned by 9 cats.....7 of which are rescues. Either throw aways or strays, one was Feral till alot of time and effort to bring her inside. She now lives indoors, just as domesticated as the rest. Do your part and donate your dollars to your local animal shelter. Commercials are designed to make money.. simple as that.

posted on Apr, 6 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Those commercials make me cry Everytime but I have wondered the same thing as well.

new topics

top topics

join