It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Falls From a Bronx Rooftop After Police Are Called About Marijuana

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat
a reply to: lovebeck

I hate to say it but they should not have run away because the offense in New York City for smoking marijuana is only a ticket. I don't think they can even be charged with a misdemeanor.

so the minuscule amount to be made from tickets, led the police to chase a kid off a rooftop
with the same effort and tactics, as if chasing a murderer, or a rapist.

i suppose some will sleep better at night knowing these [SARC] COURAGEOUS AND SELF SACRIFICING[/SARC] officers
got home that night and are up to date with their quotas

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

What?

Second

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I don't see how you can twist this to somehow be the officers at fault. The kid was stupid. He was trying to win the Darwin award, maybe.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdamuBureido
led the police to chase a kid off a rooftop with the same effort and tactics, as if chasing a murderer, or a rapist.

Except the police didn't chase the kid off the rooftop as per the original source or story.

I know this is in the ATS We Hate Cops forum but if you go with the OS how can you blame the cops?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Greetings and Salutations to One and ALL, One is ALL but that is another thread. For Full Disclosure I am a medically retired police officer from Ca. I am also responding sans reading the provided link, let's just say (type) that I'm personally more interested in what You, the "other Me" think about it, as I'd opine that We could find another article stating the opposite of what Yours reveals.

Just a couple of quick observations. We have to remember that We're discussing cannabis and New York City, sure 'soon' they'll treat it just like a speeding ticket. How much $$ do You think NYC makes on speeding tickets? I'd also bet that more folks have died at the end results of those speeding than that of cannabis. We won't discuss how many have died from the hands of badge heavy turds that got bet up in high school.

#1) Since when did an anonymous complaint of smoking "marijuana" warrant a 2 car/4 man response? Must've been a slow night huh? How many of You reading this live in a city/town/burg that they'd send out 2 cars/4 officers. Want to know why right after You got beat up and robbed and it took 15 minutes for the cops it is because there are 4 of them chasing down some "suspected mj smoking" .. Tired as Hell after working a crap job at TheMall™ and some turd ripped Your 'snip' and You were parked on the 3rd Floor. At the P.D. this would be a "Priority 4" if they even ever dispatched the call.

This along with the guy from Oklahoma and ate cannabis cookies sends My "Bull"snip"Ometer" tacking.. I certainly hope this isn't an end-around and We will make it legal but it has to be BigPHarma™ stuff

Could You imagine??? BigPHarma™ cannabis YUCK! Their 'Sour Diesel' would have ethanol

namaste

Proud Member of LEAP.org

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Just for the "record" I never blamed the cops...I blame the entirety of the situation, as a whole. The nosy neighbor flagging down the police, the laws and the general mistrust and discontent that many in our society have developed toward LEO's in general.

No, the kid shouldn't have ran away, but in this day and age, I get why he did. Do you?

He wasn't a thug, he was a good kid. Went to school, etc. In the second article it mentions that he may have been hanging out with some bad seeds, but the kid who fell wasn't one of them.

I wouldn't want to see any kid or teenager, or heck even an adult fall and suffer a traumatic brain injury. I've cared for lots of kids and teens with a TBI, it's pitiful. Life changing for all involved and incredibly sad because you can still "see" the person they were before the injury.

I honestly feel bad for the cops, too. I imagine that the cop who saw the kid fall will suffer some trauma as a result. If he's not a psychopath he will anyway. Wonder how that nosy neighbor feels about it?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
So, this kid has a probable traumatic brain injury because a man, across the street, went to police claiming that some kids were smoking marijuana in the "lobby" of a Bronx apartment building?

No, it's because he ran and went over the edge. The only one to blame are the kids.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

What?

Second

This: Operation Ghetto Storm: 2012 Annual Report on the Extrajudicial Killing of 313 Black People

Every 28 hours in 2012 someone employed or protected by the US government killed a Black man, woman, or child! This startling fact is revealed in Operation Ghetto Storm: 2012 Annual Report on the Extrajudicial Killings of 313 Black People by Police, Security Guards, and Vigilantes.

“When we started this investigation in early 2012, we knew a serious human rights crisis was confronting the Black community”, says Kali Akuno, an organizer with the Malcolm X Grassroots Movement (MXGM). “However, we did not have a clear sense of its true depth until we compiled and examined the annual figures. We have uncovered outrageous rates of extrajudicial killings–rates, that when they are found in countries like Mexico or Brazil, are universally condemned. The same outrage inside the U.S. also demands immediate action.”

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish

I don't see how you can twist this to somehow be the officers at fault. The kid was stupid. He was trying to win the Darwin award, maybe.

if no officers had accosted, chased, and then pulled guns out when the kid PUT HIS CELLPHONE INTO HIS POCKET, HE DID NOT PULL ANYTHING OUT* he would not have had an accident.

this is what is known as a clue.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Okay, I am still not quite sure how the "information" you provided is relative to the OP.

That said, how many of those killed "every 28 hours" were trying to harm or kill the police, or an innocent bystander?

tucson.com...

baltimore.cbslocal.com...

kfor.com...

www.dailyfreeman.com...

By the way, here are the stories of the first four people in the "in memory of" section of the "study" you posted.

The first pulled a gun on the officer, the second died after HE crashed his car fleeing the scene of a burglary, the third pulled a knife on the officer, and the fourth was shot and killed after striking an officer with the butt of a rifle (after he committed an armed robbery).

Innocent victims my A**! GTFO

edit on 4-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-4-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

No, if the kid did not run to the roof and to the edge in order to flee this would not have happened.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This was a stellar example of the lack of accountability we have infecting our society nowadays.

Thank you for your response.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

No, if the kid did not run to the roof and to the edge in order to flee this would not have happened.

NO if the cops hadn't accosted and chased him and then pulled guns, thus proving first hand what his mamma and papa told him when they sat him down to have "The Talk" he'd be unharmed.

police do not exist in some bubble outside of causality...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

This was a stellar example of the lack of accountability we have infecting our society nowadays.

Thank you for your response.

see my prev. post
"bubbles"

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   

They did not accost and chase him. Him and his friends tried to block the police from getting to them and then bolted.

Police do not exist outside causality, nor do these kids. That is why we don't use logical fallacies such as the ones you are using, and instead we look to see who did the wrong thing. The police did nothing wrong, the kids did.

The kids do not exist in some bubble outside of causality ...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   

They did not accost and chase him. Him and his friends tried to block the police from getting to them and then bolted.

Police do not exist outside causality, nor do these kids. That is why we don't use logical fallacies such as the ones you are using, and instead we look to see who did the wrong thing. The police did nothing wrong, the kids did.

The kids do not exist in some bubble outside of causality ...

your pre-judice is showing, these kids were harming no one and would have enjoyed a nice high, had a snack and gone to bed...
had they not been attacked.

the only logical fallacies occurring here are your own thought processes.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   

I have no prejudice. Even if pot was made legal they would be underage. The kid would be alive ... had he not run over the edge fleeing from the police.

His own stupidity caused his death. Next time, I really recommend not running off the edge of a building.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:45 AM
link   

I have no prejudice. Even if pot was made legal they would be underage. The kid would be alive ... had he not run over the edge fleeing from the police.

His own stupidity caused his death. Next time, I really recommend not running off the edge of a building.

you are correct that stupidity led to this tragedy
yet insist on deflecting and denying who the real stupids and criminals are.

this is telling.
and indicative of a very large intracranial void IMO.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Next time you insult someones intelligence make sure they don't have a genius level IQ and graduated from college Cum Laude. I am sorry you are unable to see the simple fact this tragic accident was caused by the kids being stupid kids.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Next time you insult someones intelligence make sure they don't have a genius level IQ and graduated from college Cum Laude. I am sorry you are unable to see the simple fact this tragic accident was caused by the kids being stupid kids.

argument from authority is a logical fallacy

Argument from authority, also authoritative argument and appeal to authority, is a common form of argument which leads to a logical fallacy when misused. In informal reasoning, the appeal to authority is a form of argument attempting to establish a statistical syllogism.
en.wikipedia.org...

stephan molyneux dedicates an entire episode of his "The Fascists That Surround You" to those who use it excessively

you won't see me me bragging about my 180, especially as IQ is overrated and long exploded
not going to even bother with it's association with bigotry and mythologies espousing superior and inferior races
or my majoring in mathematics in college...

it's considered gauche, don't you know?
P.S. the brain isn't the only center of "intelligence", there's the heart, and the gut also
[the last 2 seem to be lacking in authoritarians, the 1st vestigial]

I'll say it again: you have a very large blind spot.
Ben Franklin's quote regarding experience being a dear school comes to mind...

EDIT: And I would never insult another persons intelligence (it being one of my major bete noirs),
ignorance on the other hand...

edit on 5-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: added comment

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join