It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager Falls From a Bronx Rooftop After Police Are Called About Marijuana

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Tragic.

Don't the cops have better things to do than to chase around teens smoking pot?

If you go on rooftops, standing near the edge, it's dangerous and that risk taking act is to blame for his fall. It doesn't sound like he was pushed.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

Don't the cops have better things to do than to chase around teens smoking pot?

Well if they did they would have been doing it...so to answer your question..it would appear NO they do not

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

I hate to say it but they should not have run away because the offense in New York City for smoking marijuana is only a ticket. I don't think they can even be charged with a misdemeanor.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:33 AM
link   

gothamist.com...

edit on 4-4-2015 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

I hate to say it but they should not have run away because the offense in New York City for smoking marijuana is only a ticket. I don't think they can even be charged with a misdemeanor.

A bunch of 14yrs old wouldn't know that, perhaps add to the fact of having your parents found out, with a name like Kuta that kid sound like he have Nigerian connections, I could be wrong.. if so then a can of whoopazz would be awaiting him from his parents.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The officers were responding to a citizens complaint.

Whether you agree or disagree with drug laws should the cops ignore a complaint from a citizen?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: lovebeck
Here's a bit from the NY Daily News that appears to have been updated. Did I miss this in the NYT article??

But Kuta and the younger boy made a beeline for the edge of the roof. And when the officers saw Kuta stick his cell phone in his pocket, sources said, they drew their guns and yelled, “Don’t move!”

By then Kuta had already clambered over a 2- to 3-foot wall hoping to get to the roof of the next building — not realizing until it was too late that there was a gap between the buildings.

Minutes later, Rivera and Solano — joined by the 14-year-old — bounded back down the stairs and screamed for Officers Maria Imburgia and Brian Mahon to join them “in the alleyway of the building.”

NY Daily News

Deer in the headlights?

I don't get it.

If the OS is true the kid paid his life because he was terrified of getting caught for possession.

Yeah but drug laws always work.. Right?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
My mistake. I misread. The kid is critical. Not disceased.

But my points still stand pat.

My bad.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

originally posted by: lovebeck
Here's a bit from the NY Daily News that appears to have been updated. Did I miss this in the NYT article??

But Kuta and the younger boy made a beeline for the edge of the roof. And when the officers saw Kuta stick his cell phone in his pocket, sources said, they drew their guns and yelled, “Don’t move!”

By then Kuta had already clambered over a 2- to 3-foot wall hoping to get to the roof of the next building — not realizing until it was too late that there was a gap between the buildings.

Minutes later, Rivera and Solano — joined by the 14-year-old — bounded back down the stairs and screamed for Officers Maria Imburgia and Brian Mahon to join them “in the alleyway of the building.”

NY Daily News

Deer in the headlights?

I don't get it.

If the OS is true the kid paid his life because he was terrified of getting caught for possession.

Yeah but drug laws always work.. Right?

i think we both know the answer to that question.....what gets me are the piss poor excuses of human beings that think this kind of thing is ok......

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Yet his mate, who was caught didn't get charged.

Go figure!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Isn't it tragic enough his friend had to witness his chum nearly falling to his Death?

That's not something you can simply forget. Seeing someone fall 10 stories......

It would be savage to try to push any sort of charge.. expecially when he tried to grab his falling buddy.

It's good that they stopped playing the cops and criminals game both the kid and the cops and they ran for what was really important. To see if the victim was still alive and to give him critical care if he is.

That's all the laws are really, a game of criminals and cops. Oh your smoking a weeeed ima catch you TEHE HEHE

Oh no mr police man don't catch me, or il jump.

Say what?

Lols im kidding ima just reach around this corner annnnnnd Woooaahhhhhh

Okay game over lets go see if hes okay.
edit on am40000003015Sat, 04 Apr 2015 07:20:16 -0500 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
the police do not choose which laws to enforce

I usually agree with you except for this comment.

If this were true that cop in New Jersey who just killed his friends by drinking and driving after 3 or so other DUIs would not have:

1. Been a cop anymore
2. Able to drive without having to blow a 0 .00 to start the engine
3. Even had a license any longer to begin with.

So don't tell me cops don't have discretion when it comes to who and what they go after.

edit on 4-4-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
If marijuana was legal, this kid would be alive today! What a travesty, this kid died for what? The illegality of marijuana has is basis in racism and thereby this illegality is in itself immoral. And don't tell me it was his fault, he was a 14 year old kid. The cops are out of control, it would appear, in NYC and other places. Ultimately the basis of all government control lies at deadly force, fail to comply and you will be executed. It doesn't matter how obscure the violation, if you continue to fight the system, force will be used and if you fight the force used against you, you will be executed. Therefore participation via active overt non-compliance contributes to the strength of the system. Better to covertly be non-compliant but display on the surface the appearance of being a company woman or man.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: nOraKat

gothamist.com...

Nice bag of herb you got there Bill! Smoke it Bill and your view of the world will change for the better. You will see the truth, that we are all connected, we are all one.
edit on 4-4-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

If the kids didn't run, they would have been probably sent to juvenile hall for smoking marijuana

Doubtful.

The 14 year old kid was brought in for questioning and released with no charge.

If the call had been a group of teens in the lobby oiling long guns --and I think I smell weed. Well. The doughnut shop would be next stop for the thugs.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

So, this kid has a probable traumatic brain injury because a man, across the street, went to police claiming that some kids were smoking marijuana in the "lobby" of a Bronx apartment building?

Not true. This kid has the issues he has right now because he chose to do something illegal, got caught and then chose to run and ended up falling. This is big problem in this country, taking responsibility. Trying to put the blame where it doesn't belong.

If this kid instead chose to face the music he would be absolutely fine right now, probably not even in much, if any, trouble from the law. Conversely, if they had decided to smoke somewhere not out in the open, or not smoke at all, they would also still be fine.

Take responsibility for your actions. I'm using your in the wider sense here lovebeck, not directed at you.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Pimpish

I want to know was there any cannabis actually found?

Innocent until proven guilty and all.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: rockintitz

Yet his mate, who was caught didn't get charged.

Go figure!

maybe, just maybe, the other kids near death
might have had something to do with it?
edit on 4-4-2015 by AdamuBureido because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

The officers were responding to a citizens complaint.

Whether you agree or disagree with drug laws should the cops ignore a complaint from a citizen?

what complaint?, some fascist bigot decided to SWAT some black kids

"ZOMG!!! OFFICERS! HURRY! THERE ARE SOME black*COUGH* ... SOME KIDS SMOKING POT!
and the keystone cops like robots, are after them like gangbusters...

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AdamuBureido

Wow. Hate much?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join