It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please leave the Pigs alone.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
A DNR officer shot and killed a 30 lb pot bellied pig on a country road up here, just outside the owners driveway. It was their pet pig. According to the officer the pig looked wild and vicious. Our cat weighs eighteen pounds. The DNR officer is a fifteen year veteran and he can't tell a wild pig from a potbelly pig? He had the pig sent away for testing. I guess he must have a friend with a pig roaster, they will let us know how good it comes out.

My wife knew about the missing pig from Facebook but I can't access Facebook, I know nothing about how to do that. Here is the local news, it made opening news on the seven o'clock news.

Of course this article does not tell all of what happens, it is probably from the DNR to show their side. Maybe they should take the gun away from this officer and put him in an office job.

www.uppermichiganssource.com...-FSJhY

Doesn't that thirty pound pig look viscous?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

My first question would be..
What kind of DNR officer doesn't know the difference between a feral pig and a domestic pig?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Seriously!?

I know boars can ruin your whole day but can a pig do anything besides like ram you and cause blunt force damage?

I mean I know they have teeth, but do they have teeth for ripping like say a dog has?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Im sorry to hear this...I just dont understand whats going on anymore

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   
My neighbor had a wild boar as a pet for years. was crazy to be sitting next to this gigantic beast of a thing as it just wandered around like any other dog.

It occasionally got loose and ran around the neighborhood. harmless, but problem is there are tons of wild boars around here normally, so it could have easily been hunted down and eaten.

Hungry little guy also

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Pig on pig crime...go figure

From the comment section, made e chuckle

I heard pigs make great pets too, sure this family is devastated

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You could kick this little pig over the snowbank. They tracked the pig out the driveway when it disappeared and there was a little spot of blood and no tracks leading away after that. They knew someone took the pig. The DNR officer came to their house and told him it came flying over the snowbank and it looked threatening. The woman says on facebook that it can't even climb a snowbank. Maybe it was trying to get off the road when it saw the car coming.

I hope they at least disipline the officer and take away his gun. What would he do to someone's goose running down the road? Maybe use a turkey fryer to hide the evidence?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   

they sometimes get tusks but they dont really use them as weapon like feral pigs do.
so here is the list of domestic pig attack abilities..
1 if they step on your foot,it hurts. A LOT
2 They can nose bump/root a slightly painful area if they do it in one spot long enough
3 they will trample you for anything sweet and tasty or just delicious in general (i was almost trampled to death by a 10 lb juliana pig once over a bite of my cheeseburger)
4 they will make you all sweaty and hot if they decide to fall asleep next to you
5 if you do get bitten, its less painful than a puppy's nip

oh the horror
edit on 4/3/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: (no reason given)

edit on 4/3/2015 by EyesOpenMouthShut because: i love typos

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
What a jack ass.
There is no way he could have not known that was a pot-belly pig.
It was about the size of a large cocker spaniel.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

I just read this article this morning and perhaps, but I doubt it just maybe this was playing on the officers mind at the time.

www.cracked.com...

It is a fascinating read and I sure would not want to be in that situation, that said I believe that the officer over reacted but you never know unless you were there.

Regards, Iwinder
ETA strong language in the article! read at your own peril.

edit on 3-4-2015 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I believe we are seeing more cases of cops itching to shoot something/anything because they know they can get away with it now. Fire your gun, get your rocks off and then just make up a story.

Jude11

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
My neighbor had a wild boar as a pet for years. was crazy to be sitting next to this gigantic beast of a thing as it just wandered around like any other dog.

It occasionally got loose and ran around the neighborhood. harmless, but problem is there are tons of wild boars around here normally, so it could have easily been hunted down and eaten.

Hungry little guy also
I raised this beast from a piglet. I eventually put him down when he started getting aggressive.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Check for Gun-Power-Burns ...

because a Truly-Wild-Pig wouldn't let anyone walk-up to it.

-
OPINION:

Powder-Burns On Pig Equates to ... Total-Retard-Officer.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: EyesOpenMouthShut

Maybe he had a doughnut in his hand and the piggie wanted it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Lol. Nice catch.

When I was younger I went on a field trip to a place that had a ton of pigs (I believe rescues or something). I was very impressed, they knew a ton of tricks and were very loving gentle animals. I actually have a hard time eating pork because of that experience, but bacon is bacon.

I've read that they're actually more intelligent than dogs. There was a story not long ago in my neck of the woods about a pig that was beating all the dogs in an obedience class.

Amy the six-month-old pig is quickly becoming the top dog in her obedience class full of pooches, reports The Seattle Times.

Along with the commands and tricks, the 45-lb. swine has also learned more advanced challenges like the chutes, teeter-totters, jumps and balance beams.

The Family Dog Training Center was happy to take Amy into its puppy class, as long as she was housebroken. Luckily the pig was, and she has been learning ever since.

So the pig in the video is 45 lbs... I'm thinking someone got a little trigger happy. Dick.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: EyesOpenMouthShut

they sometimes get tusks but they dont really use them as weapon like feral pigs do.
so here is the list of domestic pig attack abilities..
1 if they step on your foot,it hurts. A LOT
2 They can nose bump/root a slightly painful area if they do it in one spot long enough
3 they will trample you for anything sweet and tasty or just delicious in general (i was almost trampled to death by a 10 lb juliana pig once over a bite of my cheeseburger)
4 they will make you all sweaty and hot if they decide to fall asleep next to you
5 if you do get bitten, its less painful than a puppy's nip

oh the horror

Yup, maybe the pig oinked at him and he got pissed because it was insinuating he was a cop instead of a DNR officer.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
horrible.

I am looking at getting a mini pot belly.
I am getting lucky over pigs lately, won't look at bacon.
edit on 3-4-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Round here they give $5 for an ear.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Why would someone do this . Pigs are our frontline fighters against Isis

edit on 4-4-2015 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join