It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Purple - Live at Granada TV - 1970 (Doing Their Thing,Full)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Youtube can be full of nonsense but sometimes you can stumble across the odd gem , this is the shiniest of diamonds.
Speed King
Child in time
Wring that neck
Improvisation / mandrake root

A small intimate performance with a hint of George Best

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Brings back memories

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Those were the days when I thought the world was perfect just the way it was. Only compared to the time inside mama's belly.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is the problem with any footage of DP from the '70's. It is incomplete. Wring That Neck or Mandrake Root would easily have been longer than that entire video.

It's been a long while for me but that footage may be from 1969, the pre-show to the Concerto for Group and Orchestra. No, I think I have that wrong now that I think about it, it just looks like it. Funny those clips of the band playing with people sitting right next to them like that.

The version of CIT on that pre-show is the best I've ever heard, and I've heard a few.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSpanishArcher
This is the problem with any footage of DP from the '70's. It is incomplete. Wring That Neck or Mandrake Root would easily have been longer than that entire video.

It's been a long while for me but that footage may be from 1969, the pre-show to the Concerto for Group and Orchestra. No, I think I have that wrong now that I think about it, it just looks like it. Funny those clips of the band playing with people sitting right next to them like that.

The version of CIT on that pre-show is the best I've ever heard, and I've heard a few.

You are somewhat right, but this one (
) from Denmark in 1972 isn't to be sneezed at.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: HolgerTheDane2

That there is my point. It's all there is. One full live show. Good show except it's filmed badly.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Wow thanks for the trip back man !!

Lol!

They don't build them like that so much today...

edit on 8-4-2015 by Timely because: punctuational error ...

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely

You are welcome fellow Knight and so true.
There have been many great rock songs released in the decades since the rock Gods strutted their stuff but Kashmir is one of those songs that still sends a shiver up my spine even though I've heard it more times than I can count.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   
A lot of that old footage is a bit embarrassing.

I prefer to listen to the records and use my imagination.

If I want to watch old footage of DP, this is the daddy.

posted on Apr, 8 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

You do know that's incomplete as well?

Just saying.

Me, I prefer the Cal Jam. Sure, it's not the other band but it's the best IMO of the old shows we have. Crazy night that was. I also enjoyed the Phoenix Rising show, for what it was. Too bad they didn't film before Tommy hurt himself but that's the way it is. Still, it's a nice historical document of a band imploding. If you like that sort of thing.

new topics

top topics

join