It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An idea that may not have been proposed, could be helpful. (Staff input necessary if not too busy)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
We have an '@mention' function on another board I use which works quite well,in fact it works perfectly.Replace 'mention' with 'user name' anywhere in the text of the post and a small alert shows up in the notifications area visible from any page you're viewing.

This is an add-on for IPB message boards,so don't know if it's available for others just yet?
edit on 3-4-2015 by Imagewerx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: dollukka

I understand your reservations doll...

It would only be in specific times viable for what I'm proposing...

Say there is a scientific thread that a member who has been away for a week would have had valuable input...

Just @ them a quick message asking for their thoughts and when they get back it'll be easier than hoping they find the thread or less time consuming that a PM which I personally just use for personal chat more than thread discussion.

That is an alternative, and probably the solution that will arise if we get a visit from admin/mods/owners in here.

Just thought I'd propose it because I know SkepticOverlord has taken the ATS Twitter to a new level...
I'm sure he'd have thought this so as well as a proposal it was also a question to see if he had thought it through already.
edit on 3-4-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: AboveBoard

For all of us AB.

Example...

We have some excellent scientists here...

Not naming names as its a T&C to talk about members...

But say you type in "@ATSMemberName" they'd get an alert in a science thread they might have missed.

On topic: Sounds like an interesting idea. It could probably be automated so the mods don't have so much work to do.

Off topic: In your example, I'd say the person's name begins with a P and ends with an E (Not naming names. It could be anyone wink). Seems like people call for him a lot in science threads.

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Would it not be easier to actually use twitter for those that were interested?

Would save a whole lot of rewriting and promote ATS at the same time?

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Exactly...

Automated of course too.

Phridge is great for scientific threads!

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

Not really applicable for what I'm suggesting NS.

As not every member here has a Twitter...

& I only know ATS' Twitter handle anyways

posted on Apr, 4 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yes I know but I meant if it's not something that SO wants to or is able to do then those interested could set up an independant network with twitter accounts in there username and suchlike.

You could tweet a member with the threadlink and just use the twitter account for that?

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

My non-Owner, non-Admin opinion here:

Why not just send a Private Message?

Not everyone does social media like Twitter and FB on a regular basis....like me, but I am on ATS quite a bit

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join