It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Truth begins to Emerge

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

There are some circumstances where the divorce is allowed by God. Most of today's divorces do not fall into those circumstances.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That report couldn't be more sympathetic to the pizza shop owners...

You're really that blind?

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

"We" are not being asked to participate in any marriage.

"They" are the one's claiming that they have a Christian religious belief that keeps them from selling pizza for a same-sex wedding.

I get it fine, thank you kindly. I just see past the religious mumbo-jumbo.

The O'Connors are LIVING in sin. Jesus Christ very literally condemned divorce. Mr. O'Connor has admitted that he is divorced. Therefore, by Christian beliefs, they are committing adultery on a DAILY basis. And yet, they are allowed to ignore the laws of the land based on adherence to the same supposed "belief."

I know you're fine with such glaring inconsistencies ... but by any rational standard ... it's INSANE.

Not to mention inequitable before the laws.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: MystikMushroom

That's because it WAS a stunt. A news station in South Bend wanted to find a bigot, so they sent a reporter on a bigot hunt.

They got a young woman at a pizza parlor to answer a hypothetical question about a gay wedding. There was never any refusal of service, and the young woman even said that the parlor itself served everyone who came into their shop just looking for pizza for dinner.

So yes, the South Bend ABC affiliate created a stunt for their own ratings. It was the Internet that picked it up and put legs on it.

Not quite correct,

The video is pretty clear that a gay wedding party would not be accommodated,
The owners were clear on that,

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

There are some circumstances where the divorce is allowed by God. Most of today's divorces do not fall into those circumstances.

Yes, you reviewed the Roman Catholic logical hoops to explain divorce recently.

Jesus' words are clear. Divorce is forbidden.

No one who claims religious exemption from laws should be allowed to embody such dishonesty.

But, in a larger sense, the religous special classes should not exist. At which point such concerns would be moot.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Most likely is... he and his friends which Dana Loesch is, habitually recruit real people to do this type of stuff or they selectively edit liberals to sound like criminals or stupid.

Dana goes to Indiana to find a willing Christian victim, tells them she will set up a gofundme for them advertized on the Blaze. Willing Christian victim calls local tv news to chime in their support for the law, tv crew comes and bam!

link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Wouldn't the sin be on the one that separated them?

And if it a sin, why does the church allow for divorce and remarriage?

Because the church is dishonest and hypocritical, even by their own standards?

That'd be my first guess.

link   
a reply to: Kali74

reason.com says that Memories Pizza was a victim of irresponsible journalism.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

And this is your ..... guess?

I had hoped that you had some proof, not just a wild theory.
You do realize that it would take more than just a reporter at ABC57 to pull this off?

Willing Christian victim calls local tv news to chime in their support for the law, tv crew comes and bam!

If they called the local news first..... don't you think the TV station would have reported that by now? If they had a chance to link O'Keefe... or his friend... or his friend's cousin......
edit on b000000302015-04-03T19:40:58-05:0007America/ChicagoFri, 03 Apr 2015 19:40:58 -0500700000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Um, look at Becks, Loesch's, and O'Keefe's track records. My theoretical is pretty safe.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Check out my edit.
Then research the story.
Your theory is outlandish.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Funny... the title of the piece isn't what Reason says it is.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:43 PM
link   

It isn't though. I've done a lot of digging into O'Keefe and his cohorts. I have a thread somewheres.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

So... you read the title... and stopped?
Please read it.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I did. It's a summary of the broadcast piece.

NVM I see you meant the reason piece. Just finished it.
edit on 4/3/2015 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Then you read all of this:

The owners of Memories Pizza, the O'Connor family, did not willingly seek out controversy, deny service to a gay person or couple, or even go out on a limb to suggest that they would. No, they merely responded to a question from Alyssa Marino, a local reporter for ABC 57 News who had come to their shop in search of a story.

And they did give her a story—but not the one she reported. Her initial headline was "RFRA: First Michiana business to publicly deny same-sex service" (Michiana is the region in Indiana where Memories Pizza is located). That headline implies two things that are false. The O'Connors had no intention of becoming the first Michiana business to do anything discriminatory with respect to gay people; they had merely answered a hypothetical question about what would happen if a gay couple asked them to cater a wedding. And the O'Connors had every intention of providing regular service to gay people—just not their weddings.

That policy, while not as gay-affirming as many of us supporters of same-sex marriage would like, isn't as discriminatory as what the headline claims. And though ABC 57 changed it at some point, several bigger outlets ran with the distorted version. PJ Media has a good rundown of it: The Huffington Post reported, "Indiana’s Memories Pizza Reportedly Becomes First Business To Reject Catering Gay Weddings," and BuzzFeed ran with, "Indiana Pizzeria Owners Say They'd Deny LGBT People Service."

Stripped down to the actual facts, there wasn't much of a story here in the first place, writes PJ Media's Scott Ott:

If I were forced to mark out a story line, it would be this: A nice lady in a small town tries to be helpful and polite to a lovely young reporter from “the big city.”

In other words, Memories Pizza didn’t blast out a news release. They didn’t contact the media, nor make a stink on Twitter or Facebook. They didn’t even post a sign in the window rejecting gay-wedding catering jobs. They merely answered questions from a novice reporter who strolled into their restaurant one day – who was sent on a mission by an irresponsible news organization.

It is a critique , not a summary.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Read my edit.

posted on Apr, 3 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Sorry. I posted that before I saw that.
How I stand on it personally, I would serve the function of catering a gay wedding reception if I was in that business.
I don't believe from what I have seen that O'Keefe or someone that he has worked with in the past has orchestrated this, there just isn't evidence of that.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join